+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Ha88

Aug 11, 2020
Hi,
Its been more that 4 months I have been waiting to receive my first pr card.
After receiving PR confirmation email, I sent all the details (COPR, Photo with uci and name ) to Montreal CRP office on 9th July but since then there is no update.
Every time I am calling to IRCC and they are just asking me to wait even though the given time line already crossed.
Please let me know what to do now ? and is there anyone in the group having the same issue with Montreal CRP photos office ?
Hey there, I'm with MTL office too! I had received my COPR on September 25, sent my photo on September 26 which was delivered on September 28. Still no news... Another member of this thread (Josh I believe?) has also been waiting for almost 4 months for their initial card...

I saw on multiple French forums that people who got their COPR late September/beginning of October already received their first card which makes zero sense... Calling CIC didn't solve anything for me; they just told me to wait until January 2021... :(

• Sad
Reactions: raamin and SUE1990

SUE1990

Apr 7, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hey there, I'm with MTL office too! I had received my COPR on September 25, sent my photo on September 26 which was delivered on September 28. Still no news... Another member of this thread (Josh I believe?) has also been waiting for almost 4 months for their initial card...

I saw on multiple French forums that people who got their COPR late September/beginning of October already received their first card which makes zero sense... Calling CIC didn't solve anything for me; they just told me to wait until January 2021... :(
Not sure why they have given the timeline when they are unable to deliver it. I think who all are applying to Ontario region, getting their card on time.

Last edited:

Ha88

Aug 11, 2020
Not sure why they have given the timeline when they are unable to deliver it. I think who all are applying to Ontario region getting there card on time.
I think they are just processing envelopes that are on top of the mail pile... Leaving those who had sent their envelopes months ago without any update... I'm not sure if resending your photo would help, though it could be an option to consider!

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
Hello Guyz
Anybody knows how can I apply for PRTD from India Because all the Visa Application Centers are closed in India.
Thanks for your help.
You can apply by email. Just google PRTD apply by email. If it approves then they will give you Authorization latter instead visa stamping on passport.

Reactions: suman aujla

ind-cad-dec-2019

Jun 8, 2020
Hopefully this is good news! Last time after somebody got PR card approved there was no progress
That is true and I hope you also get some good news soon. I really hope they started working again on good speed.

I just called IRCC and they told me that office processed my photos and they have forwarded it for printing it.

I really hope all of us who are waiting get over this. I’ll keep posting updates as comes from Winnipeg office Application.

bodrumb

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
Hi,
After receiving PR confirmation email, I sent all the details (COPR, Photo with uci and name ) to Montreal CRP office on 9th July but since then there is no update.
Every time I am calling to IRCC and they are just asking me to wait even though the given time line already crossed.
Please let me know what to do now ? and is there anyone in the group having the same issue with Montreal CRP photos office ?
We are sharing the same timeline with you my friend. Still waiting. I know its very annoying.

• Sad
Reactions: SUE1990

SUE1990

Apr 7, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
That is true and I hope you also get some good news soon. I really hope they started working again on good speed.

I just called IRCC and they told me that office processed my photos and they have forwarded it for printing it.

I really hope all of us who are waiting get over this. I’ll keep posting updates as comes from Winnipeg office Application.
Which office is processing your card ? and when did you submit the Pr card application ?

lsingh56

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020

I am really hoping and fingers crossed that all of other waiting will get the golden update.
My COPR was 4 days after you which was June 12 and photo received June 18. I am really rooting for this week to be the week I am waiting for last 5 months

raamin

May 14, 2020

mine was recieved on July 8th and so far I have had 3 ghost updates and no news. I think I will mail another photo to Montreal office tomorrow (should have done this last week).

ind-cad-dec-2019

Jun 8, 2020
mine was recieved on July 8th and so far I have had 3 ghost updates and no news. I think I will mail another photo to Montreal office tomorrow (should have done this last week).
before doing that I would highly recommend to call IRCC because it can cause issues after they start processing or if they already have processed your photos, also it may cause increase in your processing time. So make a wise decision by contacting IRCC and get complete info on what is going on in your application.

Reactions: SUE1990

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
Hi,
Yes, myself. Photos delivered by July,8th..no news despite several webforms raised..

raamin

May 14, 2020
before doing that I would highly recommend to call IRCC because it can cause issues after they start processing or if they already have processed your photos, also it may cause increase in your processing time. So make a wise decision by contacting IRCC and get complete info on what is going on in your application.
I have already raised 2 web forms and I have got no response. Thanks I will try to call also.

bodrumb

Star Member
Jun 22, 2018
After i receive my pr card should i renew my visa? Is it required? I am planning to go to my home country next February (if i can get my pr card before for sure) Do i need a visa to come back to canada or just a pr card is enough? Thanks.