+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Outland applicant, Landed on June 25 and status is submitted in PR card application. No update or GU yet. Anyone in similar timeline ?

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
***long read alert***

Finally received my PR cards in hand, delivered by UPS in my country of origin! Took less than a week. Standard timeline, no issues or delays in transit.

However, UPS couriers on canadian side are a joke. Didn’t pick up our envelope from residential canadian address 2 days in a row citing reason “pickup unsuccessful”. UPS customer service was unhelpful. Supposedly, no one was available at home from our side to hand over the envelope but it was not true. Furthermore, the driver had my friends’ contact number AND a comment on the order asking to call the number provided once at the pickup address. On the third day of this nonsense friends went to a UPS drop off location themselves and left the envelope there. From this point on the shipment proceeded without further issues.

Now a helpful tip to make shipping cheaper: don’t order your shipment directly through UPS/DHL/FedEx websites. Use a third party to order and pay for your shipment. You get UPS/DHL/FedEx service without a rip-off price tag. You will save up to 50% from original fare due to third party bargaining power. I’ve used secureship.ca, they’ve been great. Quick customer support through email, and they answer all questions and concerns. Loved it. They’ve saved me ~30% on the shipping fee. They take a deposit of $100 on top of your shipment fee and a $1-5 credit card charge to check your card at the very beginning, but both of these are refunded later on.

There is also eShipper. They are even cheaper, they offered a ~50% discount compared to UPS website, but sadly my non-canadian credit card wasn’t authorized upon registration.

TL;DR. Ship your PR cards abroad without fear, and do it through secureship.ca or eShipper. They are much cheaper yet deliver your shipments via carries like UPS/DHL/FedEx.
Hey @dashing_warrior thanks for the post and info!
Had a question did you fill out the customs form for the shipment? If so what did you indicate as the contents of the package?

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Oh also to update my own processing time, landed with spouse end of April, outland applicant.
Ghost Update September 6th, Message in account on September 9th. But no update (ghost or otherwise) for spouse yet :(

Maverick99

Jul 21, 2020
I just completed my landing last week and have linked my PR card application to my account. I am seeing lot of folks mentioning that photos were sent to the office. Can someone please help me and provide details on what to expect after landing is completed and when can I get the card.

BlackBearReloaded

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
My PR card application has been approved today and PR card mailed!

Status: We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.

Virtual landing: June 11, 2020
Photo delivered: June 23, 2020
PR card mailed: Sep 14, 2020
IRCC Office: Etobicoke

fara81

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
My PR card application has been approved today and PR card mailed!

Status: We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.

Virtual landing: June 11, 2020
Photo delivered: June 23, 2020
PR card mailed: Sep 14, 2020
IRCC Office: Etobicoke
Congrats, I have the same timeline. Did you get any GU before the approval?