+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

aliakbarc87

Star Member
May 1, 2019
I have yet to have this question answered by anyone. What/who decides to which office you need to send your photos and letters? For instance. I am Ontario inland CEC and had to send my photos and CoPRs to Montreal? Any particular reason they send them there for Ontario residents?
I don’t have any idea about it. I am also an Ontario inland applicant, but asked to send photo to Montreal.

shireendeshmukh

Star Member
Jul 23, 2018
I have yet to have this question answered by anyone. What/who decides to which office you need to send your photos and letters? For instance. I am Ontario inland CEC and had to send my photos and CoPRs to Montreal? Any particular reason they send them there for Ontario residents?
@GerhardR - I think it's random; they have shared work load due to pandemic all across. Ideally, ON can go to Etibicoke, Hamilton, Waterloo, Niagara, Ottawa - however that's not how it behaves, we have seen ON folks getting requests to send to QB, NS etc. It seems there is no correlation as such. But, I can be wrong as well.

GerhardR

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Yeah, I'm not banking on Montreal sending me my 4 x PR cards in the next month or two, so wont get my hopes up. I have the CoPR's, new SIN nr's and OHIP cards, so I am good for now. My part in the process is complete. Just have to wait for the PR cards now.

nilshah24

Mar 20, 2019
Yeah, I'm not banking on Montreal sending me my 4 x PR cards in the next month or two, so wont get my hopes up. I have the CoPR's, new SIN nr's and OHIP cards, so I am good for now. My part in the process is complete. Just have to wait for the PR cards now.
Hey, Did you received a COPR letter in my CIC account for main applicant only or individual letter for each of your family members? I am asking this because I am missing a COPR letter for my wife.

aliakbarc87

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Hey, Did you received a COPR letter in my CIC account for main applicant only or individual letter for each of your family members? I am asking this because I am missing a COPR letter for my wife.
I received the CoPR letter in email. In cic account I received only for my son. It doesn’t matter.

nilshah24

Mar 20, 2019
I received the CoPR letter in email. In cic account I received only for my son. It doesn’t matter.
Right, I received a letter in my CIC account, but neither I received letter for my wife cic account nor in email or mail.

without that letter, I cant update SIN and OHIP for her.

JAK2019

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
This is the response from IRCC Etobicoke office,

"IRCC currently has reduced operational capacity due to exceptional measures to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). As a result, there will be significant delays in processing and production of PR Cards during this period. Unfortunately we are not able to provide an estimated timeline as to when operations will resume. Therefore we are unable to confirm the receipt of your documents at this time."

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
This is the response from IRCC Etobicoke office,

"IRCC currently has reduced operational capacity due to exceptional measures to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). As a result, there will be significant delays in processing and production of PR Cards during this period. Unfortunately we are not able to provide an estimated timeline as to when operations will resume. Therefore we are unable to confirm the receipt of your documents at this time."
Coudn't expect a better response from them.