+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Smtg

Apr 15, 2019
I landed in Calgary on 7th March, 2020. Linked my PR card application to my online profile, it still shows the status as submitted, and I have seen no change or update on it. Any idea till when can I expect my PR card to come?! I called the IRCC helpline in June, they checked the status and mentioned they have my correct residential address in the system.

leobsilva

Mar 10, 2020
Hi guys, bellow is my timeline:

My application was quick and straightforward.
  • July 7: Virtual Landing at Niagara Falls (Inland Applicant)
  • July 8: Sent my photo with a copy of confirmation letter
  • July 11: Photo was delivered to the respective office
  • July 28-29: Ghost Update
  • Jul 31: Application approved in profile: "We've mailed you PR card to you." [23 days]
So it took: [20 days since photos were delivered] [24 days after landing]
Also, no confirmation of PR card application or whatsoever. Basically no message in the profile, only two updates, one ghost update and one final decision.

Good luck everyone!
Congrats!

What exactly is a virtual landing?
I actually only received a message with CoPR lol

addyryoo

Star Member
Oct 29, 2019
Hi all,

Just want to share that I've just received a message of IRCC saying that my application receives an update.
When I checked my account, it literally says that: "We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive."
And I landed on June 17, 2020 from Vietnam btw.

Best of luck to all of us & stay safe!

Reactions: ryeCatcher

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
We landed on May 03 at YYZ Toronto Pearson. Outland applicants.
No GU yet, it almost 90 days since we landed. Have raised several web forms but standard replies. Have stopped raising web forms from some time now.
However, people on the forums with landing dates of Mid May and June also received their PR cards.
Wondering how
Same here, we landed end of April still waiting for even a GU.
Am starting to get nervous seeing even mid June folks getting approvals in ~45 days , worried something is wrong with my PR card application :(

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Hi..I have a question. My family and I landed at YYZ mid of June and I was able to link my PR card application. Today I received a ghost update but also with an email that your application has been updated. What could this possibly mean?
Also, during our landing we were told PR Card will take minimum 3 months. They didn't take our address and instead provided us with a form to update current address after 2 months which we haven't dont yet. Any idea whats going on and whether any action is now required from us?
Thanks a lot in advance.

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Hi,

It happened with me as well. I tried all permutations and combinations and it didn't work. Then I raised a web form (Technical query) and asked them to help me out with the same. They were able to pinpoint the exact issue (it was with my City of Birth).

I would suggest you to do the same thing as well. Raise a technical query. attach the screenshots of all the details you are filling while linking your ticket and ask them for help.

Hopefully, you will get a response and be able to link your PR Card application.
Under which category did u raise the technical issue?

Kent.Kiosaki

Jul 11, 2020
Hi..I have a question. My family and I landed at YYZ mid of June and I was able to link my PR card application. Today I received a ghost update but also with an email that your application has been updated. What could this possibly mean?
Also, during our landing we were told PR Card will take minimum 3 months. They didn't take our address and instead provided us with a form to update current address after 2 months which we haven't dont yet. Any idea whats going on and whether any action is now required from us?
Thanks a lot in advance.
I believe that you should raise a web form to update your current address, so that IRCC can send your PR cards to your home.

Reactions: Shahanastar

Kent.Kiosaki

Jul 11, 2020
Below post is for inland candidates:

Hi guys, I can link my PR card application to my CIC account now

Previously , I could not link because I wrongly use the date, that I became PR as listed on my COPR letter.

Now, I can link them because I corrected it by using the date, that I received a phone call for virtually landing interview

guydecent

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
My PR card is finally approved and mailed. Here's my timeline:
  • Mar 13: Landed in Toronto YYZ (FSW, Outland)
  • July 20: First ghost update, didn’t get 2nd GU as expected so raised webform
  • July 24: Received update from IRCC saying they don't have my address, raised new webform informing address same day
  • July 29: Address confirmation update from IRCC
  • July 31: Received a correspondence letter saying my application was received.
  • Aug 1: Application approved, PR mailed (141 days since landing)
As my PRTD application is also in progress (passport package with Abu Dhabi Embassy) I will be travelling on PRTD and save the troubles and shipping cost of getting PR card delivered to me.

Good luck everyone! For me next step is spouse sponsorship and looks like its bit more complicated than I thought.

Ciao!
Glad your PR card finally got mailed. I too will be looking for spouse sponsorship info as I plan to marry as well, so may be c'ya in those threads.

Reactions: Jabya

V_Patel

Apr 21, 2019
Hi there,

I had sent my COPR document along with photos for the PR card to the IRCC Halifax office. And was received by the officer on 9th June. Till now never heard anything back from them. I am unable to link my application online. I tried using webform to solve the problem but the problem still persists. It is almost 2 months. I am worrying and want to ask is anyone in the same pool or is it normal.
Thanks in advance

BIA7

Aug 3, 2020
Hello Everyone,
Anybody landed on July 1st and waiting for their PR cards to be delivered ?

no updates from IRCC, as of now the website says 128 days average processing time.

Anyone with similar situation.

addyryoo

Star Member
Oct 29, 2019
Hello Everyone,
Anybody landed on July 1st and waiting for their PR cards to be delivered ?

no updates from IRCC, as of now the website says 128 days average processing time.

Anyone with similar situation.
Your time will come.
I landed on June 17th, just received an update from IRCC 2 days ago saying that my card will arrive in 6 weeks.
So I think IRCC is starting to process PR card for folks who land from May to July now.
Patient is the key.