+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

aliakbarc87

Star Member
May 1, 2019
A question to inland CECs those who got virtual CoPRs recently - Can I create an account (don't have mine yet since I filed my PR through an agent) and link my PR Cards application? If it is possible, can I do it just with basic information like CoPR and UCI numbers, which I got on the CoPR letters?
Yes you can. To link the PR card, you need only UCI number, your last name(case sensitive - provide as it is in your CoPR) , date on become PR(date available on your CoPR), place of birth(from your passport - case sensitive, provide comma and space as in your passport if any )

aliakbarc87

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Only people who have gotten it recently are inland applicants.

Guys, i think i figured out why inland applicants are getting their PR cards before us.

Recent inland applicants are not receiving normal COPRs like we did, because their landing appointments have been cancelled. And because their receiving sort of virtual COPRs which are not actually signed by a border agent like ours were when we landed, they can't be used to do a lot of things like ours can.

So IRCC are prioritising their PR cards because of this, because they will need them more than us according to that logic.
This is not correct. I don't think IRCC prioritizing inland virtual CoPR holders PR card. I have received my virtual CoPR on May 28th and still waiting for PR card. Secondly, all the "virtual" CoPR are signed by an immigration officer. It can be used as a proof of PR for one year and can be used for any Canadian benefits. It can be used for SIN, OHIP, CCB. I am not sure what other things you have mentioned that virtual CoPR cannot do compared to normal CoPR.

I think, it is complete depend on VO. Whoever got PR card are from London, Kitchener. I didn't hear anyone received card from Ottawa/Edmonton/Montreal.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
This is not correct. I don't think IRCC prioritizing inland virtual CoPR holders PR card. I have received my virtual CoPR on May 28th and still waiting for PR card. Secondly, all the "virtual" CoPR are signed by an immigration officer. It can be used as a proof of PR for one year and can be used for any Canadian benefits. It can be used for SIN, OHIP, CCB. I am not sure what other things you have mentioned that virtual CoPR cannot do compared to normal CoPR.

I think, it is complete depend on VO. Whoever got PR card are from London, Kitchener. I didn't hear anyone received card from Ottawa/Edmonton/Montreal.
Well so far we've had 4 people who are inland applicants that have gotten their PR cards in a relatively short time frame.

Also it's all relative, you're waiting since May 28, there are many outland applicants here waiting since March and have not seen any progress on their PR cards. What we know is that there are several inland applicants who have gotten their PR cards before us despite applying much later than us, so it doesn't seem like a coincidence.

As for the virtual COPRs, i'll admit i was speculating so i don't know for sure because i'm not in that situation.. Is your COPR signed? I know several inland applicants who have said theirs wasn't.

lloyd153

May 31, 2019

I think you’re correct. Do you have any idea why people who have sent their photo to Ottawa/Edmonton/Montreal are not getting their card?

aliakbarc87

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Well so far we've had 4 people who are inland applicants that have gotten their PR cards in a relatively short time frame.

Also it's all relative, you're waiting since May 28, there are many outland applicants here waiting since March and have not seen any progress on their PR cards. What we know is that there are several inland applicants who have gotten their PR cards before us despite applying much later than us, so it doesn't seem like a coincidence.

As for the virtual COPRs, i'll admit i was speculating so i don't know for sure because i'm not in that situation.. Is your COPR signed? I know several inland applicants who have said theirs wasn't.
Yes. My virtual CoPR is signed one.

Reactions: Islander216

mahi01237

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Did anyone applied SIN through online ?

I applied around June 2nd , no update since then . I tried to reach out to customer care " due to high volume of calls we couldn't transfer your call to agent". Is anyone experiencing same issue

Appreciate if anyone could provide inputs !

mahi01237

Star Member
May 28, 2020
They don't physically produce the PR cards at the VO, they are only there to process your photos and submit them to the facility which produces them when the time comes. They wouldn't have an ETA for your PR card.

You sound like an inland applicant, which means there is a chance you will receive it soon given you probably received a virtual COPR.
Yes ! Hopefully but i know many of them are waiting since march .

Hope everyone gets their PR card soon .

Everything is messed up because of this Wuhan virus !

Reactions: Islander216

ank22

Star Member
May 24, 2019

I applied around June 2nd , no update since then . I tried to reach out to customer care " due to high volume of calls we couldn't transfer your call to agent". Is anyone experiencing same issue

hi, yes i applied on 10th june, got it after 2 weeks. I'm not sure why yours is taking so long :(

aliakbarc87

Star Member
May 1, 2019

Yes. I got within 10 days. Please check your CRA account for your old SIN. If you are not able to login, that means new SIN is issued and may be stuck with Canada post.

V3n0m

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014

I applied on 7th June got the new sin number on 15th. I did call them 3 days after I applied my sin number hold time was about 30-45 minutes. I would suggest call them.

mahi01237

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Yes. I got within 10 days. Please check your CRA account for your old SIN. If you are not able to login, that means new SIN is issued and may be stuck with Canada post.
Yeah you are right ! I can't able to login my CRA account , it shows "we cannot proceed with your request " . Does it mean they issued my new sin ?

mahi01237

Star Member
May 28, 2020
I applied on 7th June got the new sin number on 15th. I did call them 3 days after I applied my sin number hold time was about 30-45 minutes. I would suggest call them.
Could you please provide customer care number , i tried calling them the wait time is 1 hour and after that call was disconnected :(