+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

lloyd153

May 31, 2019
I doubt it, i'm assuming the vast majority of us submitted our 2 photos to the VO after receiving PPR, with the second photo attached to our COPR when we received it, that photo that will be used for the PR card.

So if they were going to reject the photo it would have been then.
My virtual COPR only requested 1 card?

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
I doubt it, i'm assuming the vast majority of us submitted our 2 photos to the VO after receiving PPR, with the second photo attached to our COPR when we received it, that photo that will be used for the PR card.

So if they were going to reject the photo it would have been then.
I know a couple of people whose photos were rejected even after VO had accepted the photos.

In a family of 4 only 3 photos were accepted for PR cards. For the fourth person a new photo was requested after they had landed and after the other 3 PR cards had been received. What’s more, the photo request came through regular post, no notification was sent to their online account...

The funny thing is, all 4 of these photos had been taken by the same photographer. The mysterious ways of the IRCC!

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Those are rare occurrences however, it's more likely to happen if it's a family than if you're just on your own as a main applicant or you and your spouse.

Ordinarily the VO should already vet your photo to ensure it meets the requirements.

I'd be annoyed if that happened to me lol.

nll

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
Only people who have gotten it recently are inland applicants.

Guys, i think i figured out why inland applicants are getting their PR cards before us.

Recent inland applicants are not receiving normal COPRs like we did, because their landing appointments have been cancelled. And because their receiving sort of virtual COPRs which are not actually signed by a border agent like ours were when we landed, they can't be used to do a lot of things like ours can.

So IRCC are prioritising their PR cards because of this, because they will need them more than us according to that logic.
I'm Inland but I went to the border a day before it had to close and I still don't have my card.

It's been 115 days... :mad:

mahi01237

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Did anyone reached to IRCC customer care regarding PR card ?

I got generic response as our staff is low it may take long than usual time !

Appreciate your inputs

mahi01237

Star Member
May 28, 2020
No, the VO has already done its job, PR cards are the domain of IRCC here at home in Canada.
Cool . But i guess we mailed our photos to VO , for instance some one mailed to VO Edmonton , Niagara respectively .

Aren't they responsible for pr cards as well .

May i know the difference between VO to whom we mailed our photos and domain of IRCC , i guess both are same . Correct me if i am wrong !

JAK2019

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
I have received a generic response from them ,,...became PR on May 5th and delivered photos on 7th May.
"IRCC currently has reduced operational capacity due to exceptional measures to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). As a result, there will "be significant delays in processing and production of PR Cards during this period. Unfortunately we are not able to provide an estimated timeline as to when operations will resume. Therefore we are unable to confirm the receipt of your documents at this time

Oct 23, 2019
A question to inland CECs those who got virtual CoPRs recently - Can I create an account (don't have mine yet since I filed my PR through an agent) and link my PR Cards application? If it is possible, can I do it just with basic information like CoPR and UCI numbers, which I got on the CoPR letters?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Cool . But i guess we mailed our photos to VO , for instance some one mailed to VO Edmonton , Niagara respectively .

Aren't they responsible for pr cards as well .

May i know the difference between VO to whom we mailed our photos and domain of IRCC , i guess both are same . Correct me if i am wrong !
They don't physically produce the PR cards at the VO, they are only there to process your photos and submit them to the facility which produces them when the time comes. They wouldn't have an ETA for your PR card.

You sound like an inland applicant, which means there is a chance you will receive it soon given you probably received a virtual COPR.

Reactions: mahi01237