+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

long_time_waiting

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
I'm utterly fed up. Now that I had to apply for a new card after immigration sent it to the wrong address I'm going to be waiting another 10 months. Landed in February, send solemn declaration in May. Will not not receive card until March...13 months after landing. Might even receive my NEXUS card before my PR card. Horrible Horrible. Maybe I should try and charge IRCC with the $600+ extra it will cost me to fly to England to see my elderly relatives (once borders are open) from the USA via two stops rather than the direct flight I normally do.

I just don't get it. I'm back in the office, shops are open, gyms are open, bars are open. How are they not back in the office yet? If they are, they have been off for 3 months, maybe some overtime to get caught up on these applications should be expected. Its utterly disgusting that they think a 10 month wait to get a replacement PR card is acceptable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jabya

CIC Inland

Mar 6, 2020
The trick is to write birth place. First try with exactly how it's written in PP (including space or comma). It it doesn't work write it exactly as it's printed on COPR.
thanks
This works. use the exact details as in passport.
i have been trying to link it since my landing with the details same as COPR, didn't work for me.

May 1, 2018
The trick is to write birth place. First try with exactly how it's written in PP (including space or comma). It it doesn't work write it exactly as it's printed on COPR.
I am an inland applicant. While linking my PR Card application what date should I enter in the field: "Date you became a permanent resident" Kindly advise.

Thank you.

May 1, 2018
It's on you copr.

Basically date your copr was signed by officer at point of entry to Canada.
Thank you for your reply Sukh.

Actually, my interview was scheduled at the CIC Etobicoke office on 26th March 2020. But due to COVID-19, it got postponed. Later in the month of May, I got an email from CIC confirming that I am a PR now and I should send my photo to the CIC Etobicoke office for the PR Card. I did that also. But, I am not sure which date I enter as in my COPR, this date is blank.

Can you advise?

Thanks for your help.

marianamul10

Jan 19, 2019
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-09-19
Nomination.....
07-11-19
AOR Received.
18-12-2019

Actually, my interview was scheduled at the CIC Etobicoke office on 26th March 2020. But due to COVID-19, it got postponed. Later in the month of May, I got an email from CIC confirming that I am a PR now and I should send my photo to the CIC Etobicoke office for the PR Card. I did that also. But, I am not sure which date I enter as in my COPR, this date is blank.

Can you advise?

Thanks for your help.
use the date on the email you received :)

Reactions: dipesh.bhardwaj

kevinlphan

May 22, 2019

Can you advise?

Thanks for your help.
Use the date on the letter you got. I got the letter on May 1st, used it and it worked for me :)

Reactions: dipesh.bhardwaj

nll

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
***COLLECTIVE THREAD****
***PLEASE SHARE YOUR PR CARD STATUS BELOW (MARCH+APRIL)***

@Vivir_Y_Aprender - Landed 13 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@gabi1984 - Landed 13 March - Application Approved
@Selvan - Landed 13 March - Application Approved

@Jabya - Landed 13 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@nll - Landed 14 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@Islander216 - Landed 28 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@BonjourCA - Landed 15 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@Ethan_007 - Landed 31 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")
@Sayantan86 - Landed 3 March - Application Under Processing ("Submitted")

ENTER <NAME> - ENTER <DATE> - ENTER <STATUS>