+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

sukh807

Nov 6, 2009
It was a rental form which i signed for my current place, but maybe it doesn't meet their criteria for POA.

I wish they had specified exactly what they didn't accepted, but it must be the POA because the other documents are pretty straightfoward.
Check online application guide on service Canada website for criteria

ASPR

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Landed 14th march - No updates so far
Raised web form on 6th May
Got reply today which is not useful anyways - due to covid-19 application process is slow , rest assured you will be notified once it's done.

Reactions: cjas and Jabya

Pinky2587

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
What was reason in your case for rejection?

I'm not really sure what was the reason. I submitted an online SIN application and for me and my spouse using EXACTLY the same attachments. Copies of our COPR, passport and BC ID.

They processed mine and gave me my new SIN however they gave my spouse a rejection letter that does not specifically say what was missing, just telling that the requirements were incomplete.

So we gave another try for my spouse, this time I attached an additional POA such as credit card statement - I'm not really sure why they accepted my BC ID as POA and for my spouse they didn't... probably depending on the discretion of the officer processing it?

Anyways, still waiting for the new SIN. Re-applied online May 1st.

sukh807

Nov 6, 2009
I'm not really sure what was the reason. I submitted an online SIN application and for me and my spouse using EXACTLY the same attachments. Copies of our COPR, passport and BC ID.

They processed mine and gave me my new SIN however they gave my spouse a rejection letter that does not specifically say what was missing, just telling that the requirements were incomplete.

So we gave another try for my spouse, this time I attached an additional POA such as credit card statement - I'm not really sure why they accepted my BC ID as POA and for my spouse they didn't... probably depending on the discretion of the officer processing it?

Anyways, still waiting for the new SIN. Re-applied online May 1st.
Ah I see. Interesting. Credit card statement is excellent POA

akb21

Feb 6, 2020
Toronto
You can open bank account without SIN. I bank with TD and till date they don't have my SIN. Now usually for new immigrants, most banks issue credit card when you open checking account so that you can start building your credit history. So for that, yes, you need SIN. But if you are willing to let that go, they would let you open account without SIN.

Outside of bank, for POA, I would recommend applying for DL(Canada allows DL exchange if you are from certain countries) or photo card that acts as id. You don't need to show POA for applying. Until the physical card gets mailed, they will issue you a temp ID that can also be used as POA.

sukh807

Nov 6, 2009
You can open bank account without SIN. I bank with TD and till date they don't have my SIN. Now usually for new immigrants, most banks issue credit card when you open checking account so that you can start building your credit history. So for that, yes, you need SIN. But if you are willing to let that go, they would let you open account without SIN.

Outside of bank, for POA, I would recommend applying for DL(Canada allows DL exchange if you are from certain countries) or photo card that acts as id. You don't need to show POA for applying. Until the physical card gets mailed, they will issue you a temp ID that can also be used as POA.
Yes this is correct they will tell you that system is asking for sin but tell then that you will update them in a month and so and they will bypass it and open account

Vivir_Y_Aprender

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
I feel really sad for PRz who do not have a SIN - you guys go FULL THROTTLE in your efforts now. Otherwise survival will be impossible. See you in Mid-August or hoping earlier with some PR Card updates... :( :( :(

Jabya

May 29, 2019
Updated PR card processing times - 135 days :oops:o_O I think March landers should forget about any activity on their PR card applications at least until 15 July.

Alt_

Aug 21, 2019
I feel really sad for PRz who do not have a SIN - you guys go FULL THROTTLE in your efforts now. Otherwise survival will be impossible.
Why? It's possible to get SIN now. So you can find a job if you have SIN. You just have troubles if you are going to leave Canada.