Toronto
I am even more pessimistic - I expect August first half. Here is what I think -

May - No movement of PR Card applications
June - Starting of movement of PR Card Applications
July - Turn by turn, speed up, NEXT!
August - Feb & Mar files should be processed as a deadline in this month

What do y'all think?

March & February PR Landings! Share with us your "Settling Down" progress -

G1/G/G2 - Were you able to get this in March?
SIN - Were you able to get this in March?
OHIP - Were you able to get this in March?
Credit Card - Were you able to get this in March?
Postpaid Phone Connection - Which operator, what plan?
House - Air BnB / Relative / Friend / Hotel ?
Car - Rented / Bought / No car ?
Transit - Uber / Lyft / Public Bus & Train ?
Job - LinkedIn / Indeed / Kijiji / Referral / Friends Network / Facebook ?

Please share your inputs as per your discretion.... January PR are also welcome to participate!
G1/G/G2 - Were you able to get this in March? - Not yet, offices were closed since I've landed
SIN - Were you able to get this in March? Yes, Service Canada was still open at the airport when I landed
OHIP - Were you able to get this in March? - I am in BC, and no I don't have the equivalent here yet. Will phone them to get a temporary one since they want a PR card as form of ID to issue the BC Services Card
Credit Card - Were you able to get this in March? Yes, from RBC - Only got a $500 limit though.
Postpaid Phone Connection - Which operator, what plan? I got prepaid with Lucky Mobile - it is $25 per month for unlimited calls, text and 1GB
House - Air BnB / Relative / Friend / Hotel ? With Friend and Relative, but will be moving into my own place hopefully soon.
Car - Rented / Bought / No car ? No car yet - Insurance is crazy expensive here if you don't have a BC Drivers Licence
Transit - Uber / Lyft / Public Bus & Train ? Public Bus & Train
Job - LinkedIn / Indeed / Kijiji / Referral / Friends Network / Facebook ? Glassdoor, Indeed, LinkedIn, Networking - still looking.

Also, if anyone here is based in Vancouver metro, I am happy to connect - just DM me.

Reactions: Jane2019

asdfgty

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
I think everyone here wants to get PR card ASAP should send web forms, ask IRCC on twitter, etc. Only when IRCC knows a lot of people do care about slow processing time will they restart processing and printing PR cards. Otherwise, we might be sitting here waiting for half a year.

winterisnotcoming

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Did most people landed in Feb receive PR cards? I am trying to understand how long is the backlog.

Edit: No one is March received it. So looking for Feb landers.

Reactions: Jabya

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
My SIN number application got rejected, they didn't specify why but they said application was incomplete.

The problem was probably the POA.

It's so frustrating. Just gonna wait until the Service Canada offices are open again.

akb21

Feb 6, 2020
Toronto
My SIN number application got rejected, they didn't specify why but they said application was incomplete.

It's so frustrating. Just gonna wait until the Service Canada offices are open again.
How long did it take them to respond? Were you notified via email or regular mail?

Pinky2587

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018

Hi there, so sorry to hear that.. may I know what did you use for your proof of address?

The SIN online application of my spouse was rejected also, we re applied again 2 weeks ago, hoping for consideration from Service Canada this time..

Reactions: Islander216

akb21

Feb 6, 2020
Toronto
Regular mail, didn't take that long, maybe 10 days.
Thanks.. For in person application, they don't ask for POA, also unlike DL, OHIP; they don't expect us to update the address linked with the SIN. If they were able to send the rejection mail, might as well send the SIN. Hopefully the next attempt will go through..

Iceclimber

Feb 5, 2020
You don't need to communicate again but if you want to confirm address on file you can always call ircc and ask them what address they have on file.
You can check status online by linking file on mycic account. Most guys have been waiting for 60 plus days if not more. The processing times have increased due to C19
Thanks for the info sukh807. What do you mean by "linking file on mycic account"? I did the whole EE application online - but can't see anything different in my account since my application was approved.

sukh807

Nov 6, 2009

Did you even submit something as poa

sukh807

Nov 6, 2009
Hi there, so sorry to hear that.. may I know what did you use for your proof of address?

The SIN online application of my spouse was rejected also, we re applied again 2 weeks ago, hoping for consideration from Service Canada this time..
What was reason in your case for rejection?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Did you even submit something as poa

It was a rental form which i signed for my current place, but maybe it doesn't meet their criteria for POA.

I wish they had specified exactly what they didn't accepted, but it must be the POA because the other documents are pretty straightfoward.

Reactions: Pinky2587