+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

trihuynh

Jan 7, 2017
How long does it take between your Pr approved and dispatched by CIC until you actually receive it in your mailbox?

I got an update on CIC on Sep 20 but today is Sep 27 and I have not received it. I’m in downtown Toronto, not rural area.

I just don’t understand why it takes forever. The entire system is so messed up. They could have just ask us to pay them extra for expedited courrier service.

kakuyo

Apr 17, 2019
How long does it take between your Pr approved and dispatched by CIC until you actually receive it in your mailbox?

I got an update on CIC on Sep 20 but today is Sep 27 and I have not received it. I’m in downtown Toronto, not rural area.

I just don’t understand why it takes forever. The entire system is so messed up. They could have just ask us to pay them extra for expedited courrier service.
Mine got updated on Sep 20 and I received it this Friday.

craftydev

Apr 4, 2019
Thnx for your help,,
How can i change my email now? As I mentioned before that I don’t have access to my account.
Is it advisable to bring a set of photos with us in case they ask for new?
Call them.

For photos - that's up to you. In most cases, they don't ask for one if you went to a professional the first time and got it done according to the specs they provided. Otherwise, you can get one done in Canada.

ashagk

Dec 30, 2018

I am in downtown Toronto. I got a CIC update on Sept 12 but I still haven't received my card.

xyq140642

Star Member
Apr 29, 2018
Hi everyone, I have question.
If I call an CIC agent because the regular processing time is overand agent says will send a note to the officer, then how long would it take to get my pr card application approved and mailed?

Thanks in ahead.

inlandsp2018

May 1, 2019

Mine was approved on 18 Sep. Still did not receive my PR card and i too live in toronto.

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
On 12th of September.

My friend in Canada received my card yesterday. Here is the timeline:

Landed: September 2nd
Ghost update: September 12th
Learned that my application is on hold: September 18th (An officer didn't provide my Canadian address)
Application approved: September 20th
PR Card received: September 26th

Not bad, considering there was an issue with my application.
Interesting. I am assuming you learned about the issue by calling IRCC?
  • When you landed did the officer ask you for the address?
  • Did they also ask you how long you are planning to stay?

devisiva

Mar 22, 2019
Hi,
We landed in Calgary on September 11. Still we didn't receive any update.
Has anyone received their card before their status gets changed in CIC.
Also anyone who landed around September 11th received their card?
How long is it taking now

ghost023

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi,
We landed in Calgary on September 11. Still we didn't receive any update.
Has anyone received their card before their status gets changed in CIC.
Also anyone who landed around September 11th received their card?
How long is it taking now
If you have linked your PR card to your CIC account. You should have got an update for the approval of your PR card application. After approval, it basically takes 5-10 business days to get it mailed to you. From landing to PR card, I was told to wait for about two weeks.

devisiva

Mar 22, 2019
If you have linked your PR card to your CIC account. You should have got an update for the approval of your PR card application. After approval, it basically takes 5-10 business days to get it mailed to you. From landing to PR card, I was told to wait for about two weeks.
Thanks for the information.
Yes I could link it only on 25th September though I landed on 11th September. How long will it still take to receive. I am much worried because we are planning to move Toronto once after receiving it

ghost023

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Thanks for the information.
Yes I could link it only on 25th September though I landed on 11th September. How long will it still take to receive. I am much worried because we are planning to move Toronto once after receiving it
If you are concerning about it, you may call IRCC or leave a note through Webform. Unfortunately, this may be the only way to contact with them.

ghost023

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Ok thank you!
How long is it taking now to receive PR card
The delivery time may vary depending on the work efficiency of CANADAPOST, sometimes they are pretty fast but some other they are not. I am lucky, my case just took 4 days to be delivered.