+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello Guys. I have landed in Toronto on 22nd September 2019. The Immigration agent told me I will get my PR Card in Windsor in 3 months. My queries are as follows:
1. I need to get my PR card as soon as possible, as I have to return back to my home country to settle some urgent matter. The Immigration agent told me that I will receive the PR Card in 3 months though the processing time of getting the PR card on the official website of Canada Govt. is 14 days. In how many days should i expect my PR card..?
2. Do I need to do something at my end now.. Any linking of my PR card application with my online profile. Or anything else, I a completely unaware of the further process at my end now.
3. What is this Ghost Update of the profile.?
4. What else can I do to get my PR card as soon as possible.

Awaiting for the responses please. Highly appreciate all the responses. Thanks to all.
1. In most of the cases the PR card is being received within the 14 days timeline but some are just waiting for long.
2. Yes you can link your PR card so to get the status about the application. How to is mentioned - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/linking-pr-card-application-to-track-pr-card-after-landing-flagpole-landing-interview-is-complete.617040/
3. Once you link your application the status goes in Submitted state. After that when u login and see changes in the application status but after sometime the status changes back to Submitted state, that's called a Ghost update. Generally that means they working on your application and you should receive an update or PR card soon.
4. I don't have any idea about a way which can help to get a PR card ASAP.

Sep 24, 2019
PR card are getting processed in about 2 weeks these days if your photos are not rejected. Just like any other IRCC process you can't do anything to expedite it. There is high probability you get your PR card in 2 weeks.
Thanks u so much Cansha...!! I am hoping for the best. Just called in CIC, they told me if the Immigration officer told 3 months then the PR card will come in 3 months only, as my case might go through verification. I don't know what verification is now needed at their end now.

Sep 24, 2019
1. In most of the cases the PR card is being received within the 14 days timeline but some are just waiting for long.
2. Yes you can link your PR card so to get the status about the application. How to is mentioned - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/linking-pr-card-application-to-track-pr-card-after-landing-flagpole-landing-interview-is-complete.617040/
3. Once you link your application the status goes in Submitted state. After that when u login and see changes in the application status but after sometime the status changes back to Submitted state, that's called a Ghost update. Generally that means they working on your application and you should receive an update or PR card soon.
4. I don't have any idea about a way which can help to get a PR card ASAP.
Thank u so much forw.jane for your revert.
1. I think I have to wait long as i just called in CIC, they told me if the Immigration officer told 3 months then the PR card will come in 3 months only, as my case might go through verification. I don't know what verification is now needed at their end now.
2. Thanks to you I have linked my PR card application to my online profile
3. My Status has nothing mentioned as Submitted state but rather as below:
Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
4. Thanks. Lets hope for the best.

Thanks a lot for your guidance...!!!

Devesh610

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Need some help, I haven't been able to connect/link my PR card application to my account since my landing on September 14th. The portal just says that it couldn't find my application. Been using all the tricks as mentioned in https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/linking-pr-card-application-to-track-pr-card-after-landing-flagpole-landing-interview-is-complete.617040/.

Just want to confirm if it's normal?

If not, I guess calling them is the only option!?

craftydev

Apr 4, 2019
Just wanted to keep folks updated. I called CIC today and they told me that there was a production error on Sept 11. There is NO note for photos or anything else that says something is missing. I'm not sure what's going on but just wanted to share this detail with others.
I got a notification today saying that my application was approved and my card was mailed. So, here is my timeline:
Aug 16: landed
Sept 11: ghost update
Sept 16: called and found out that there was a production error during card print out. No timeline given
Sept 25: approved and card mailed

Varun7172

May 18, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Need some help, I haven't been able to connect/link my PR card application to my account since my landing on September 14th. The portal just says that it couldn't find my application. Been using all the tricks as mentioned in https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/linking-pr-card-application-to-track-pr-card-after-landing-flagpole-landing-interview-is-complete.617040/.

Hi

my case is same like your, I landed on 12 Sep and trying to link my application but only thing i can see is Application not found.

xyq140642

Star Member
Apr 29, 2018
Hi there,

After Landing: Has anyone recently linked their Permanent Resident Card application to their MyCIC account?

Please advise, thank you.
Oh my god, i was unable to link my pr card application for so many times. I tried all options for so many times, still showing found no application.However, I can link my wife s application by entering UCI and Family name. One more thing i am married before I applied for permenant residence.
Just a few minutes, I chose SINGLE instead MARRIED in marriage status categeory , then the system shows found my application right away. This is issed me off for the mistake they did.

saani

Jul 29, 2017
Hi folks ,,,
Need your help
I am going to do soft landing in November and will come back to my home country after 20 days,
I have few questions;
1-do i need to link my PR to my cic account? If yes how i ll do it as i have applied through immigration consultant and don’t have access to my online account?
2- after landing can we give our new email for IRCC correspondence or they use the old 1 mentioned EE?
3- usually how much time it ll take to receive PR card if we are landing at Toronto?
4-for Canada address we have to write it on any paper or immigration officer write it down by himself?(what’s the better way to keep address in written form or printed?)
Regards

xyq140642

Star Member
Apr 29, 2018
Hi Everyone,

same date as me, same thing happened too. try select different options in marriage status option. I am married, i chose what actually I am then found nothing. Accidently tried single,then found my application. they did bad job when entering applicants' information.

craftydev

Apr 4, 2019
Hi folks ,,,
Need your help
I am going to do soft landing in November and will come back to my home country after 20 days,
I have few questions;
1-do i need to link my PR to my cic account? If yes how i ll do it as i have applied through immigration consultant and don’t have access to my online account?
2- after landing can we give our new email for IRCC correspondence or they use the old 1 mentioned EE?
3- usually how much time it ll take to receive PR card if we are landing at Toronto?
4-for Canada address we have to write it on any paper or immigration officer write it down by himself?(what’s the better way to keep address in written form or printed?)
Regards
1. It's better if you link your PR to the CIC account otherwise all correspondence will come to the address provided. This will cause a delay for you to know if you need new photos or when your PR is approved/mailed out.
2. Yes, you can. Either fill out the web form or call. Why don't you keep the email address updated right now?
3. Nobody knows.
4. Keep it in printed form if possible and just hand over when asked. Just so your writing isn't misinterpreted.

scaper

Sep 3, 2019
Hi everyone,

It took 17 days for my pr card to be mailed.
Landing interview (Etobicoke): September 9
Linked: September 10
Ghost Update: September 25
Card got mailed notification: September 27

Hopefully it only takes a couple days to arrive... almost done with the pr process!!

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
What time you got ghost update?
On 12th of September.

My friend in Canada received my card yesterday. Here is the timeline:

Landed: September 2nd
Ghost update: September 12th
Learned that my application is on hold: September 18th (An officer didn't provide my Canadian address)
Application approved: September 20th
PR Card received: September 26th

Not bad, considering there was an issue with my application.

ghost023

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
That is quicker than I expected. Landed 23 Sep, and got approved and PR card was mailed 27 Sept. It was just 3 days to process.

saani

Jul 29, 2017
1. It's better if you link your PR to the CIC account otherwise all correspondence will come to the address provided. This will cause a delay for you to know if you need new photos or when your PR is approved/mailed out.
2. Yes, you can. Either fill out the web form or call. Why don't you keep the email address updated right now?
3. Nobody knows.
4. Keep it in printed form if possible and just hand over when asked. Just so your writing isn't misinterpreted.
Thnx for your help,,
How can i change my email now? As I mentioned before that I don’t have access to my account.
Is it advisable to bring a set of photos with us in case they ask for new?