+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

lazycrazyboon

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
Landed in Stanstead on September 2nd.
Got a ghost update on the PR card application on 12th. Nothing after that.
Called IRCC on 18th and found out that an immigration officer didn’t provide my Canadian address in the PR Card application.

Therefore, the application was put on hold.

I provided my address by the phone and was told to wait another 14 days.

I am out of country now and have flights booked back to Canada, hoping to get a card and have a friend to send me the card via DHL. Now I have to change everything.
I reas somewhere that it is not advisable to get it couriered .. For your consideration please visit -
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/mailing-pr-card-abroad-immigration-says-dont-do-so.560829/page-2

lazycrazyboon

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
Just got off the call with CIC... I had called them a month earlier (the agent that answered had sent a reminder to the concerned office and they were supposed to provide an update in a month).
I found out that they have not received any update from the PR card office. The agent that answered today, said that they are now escalating it to find out what is going on and that they can not provide any estimate when they would receive a response....so all in all, I don't have any idea what to expect.
52 days and counting...

huzm

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Just got off the call with CIC... I had called them a month earlier (the agent that answered had sent a reminder to the concerned office and they were supposed to provide an update in a month).
I found out that they have not received any update from the PR card office. The agent that answered today, said that they are now escalating it to find out what is going on and that they can not provide any estimate when they would receive a response....so all in all, I don't have any idea what to expect.
52 days and counting...
This is crazy....

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
I reas somewhere that it is not advisable to get it couriered .. For your consideration please visit -
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/mailing-pr-card-abroad-immigration-says-dont-do-so.560829/page-2
Thanks! I know that CIC advises against shipping cards overseas but getting a Travel Document is a huge hassle in my case. I have to deal with VAC, which charges additional $50 for document handling and $20 for passport shipping in addition to $50 PRTD fee. They are also unable to say what is the estimated processing time for the travel document. It means that I need to send them my passport and pray that it won't take a month or even more.

The exact same thing happened with me as well. Landed on 26th Aug, called IRCC on 16th Sep and was told that my file has no Canadian address. Agent added the address on call and said it will take 14 days to process the cards. I wish I called earlier but didn't knew that agent didn't add Canadian address on our PR application :(.
My PR card application got approved yesterday. It took them 2 days to send the card after I provided an address. I guess that the ghost update that I got before was about them producing the card but not being able to send it due to the lack of address in the file.

rose_8080

Jun 7, 2019
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
Cio
Happy end! Hoping everyone gets PR!

20180713 AOR

2019-08-19 Ready for Visa PPR

2019-08-20 mail the passports to Ottawa

2019-08-22 delivered by Ottawa

2019-08-28 Approved

2019-08-30 Returned passports track

2019-09-03 passports andCopr

2019-09-04 landing

2019-09-16 PR Card is approved

2019-09-19 ricieved PR Card

Reactions: huzm

Varun7172

May 18, 2017
Happy end! Hoping everyone gets PR!

20180713 AOR

2019-08-19 Ready for Visa PPR

2019-08-20 mail the passports to Ottawa

2019-08-22 delivered by Ottawa

2019-08-28 Approved

2019-08-30 Returned passports track

2019-09-03 passports andCopr

2019-09-04 landing

2019-09-16 PR Card is approved

2019-09-19 ricieved PR Card
Hey
Congratulations :) Can i ask where did you do landing?

Amritrandhawa

Aug 20, 2019
Thanks! I know that CIC advises against shipping cards overseas but getting a Travel Document is a huge hassle in my case. I have to deal with VAC, which charges additional $50 for document handling and $20 for passport shipping in addition to $50 PRTD fee. They are also unable to say what is the estimated processing time for the travel document. It means that I need to send them my passport and pray that it won't take a month or even more.

My PR card application got approved yesterday. It took them 2 days to send the card after I provided an address. I guess that the ghost update that I got before was about them producing the card but not being able to send it due to the lack of address in the file.
What time you got ghost update?

RUK

Dec 1, 2015
Hi there,

After Landing: Has anyone recently linked their Permanent Resident Card application to their MyCIC account?

Please advise, thank you.

star2019

Feb 4, 2019
India
Category........
App. Filed.......
03-11-2018
Doc's Request.
06-12-2018
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
I have landed at Vancouver airport and applied for ky PR card on 5th Sept 2019. I got a mail from CPCS Nova Scotia office asking ke to send new photographs for my PR card which I have sent immediately. How long will it take for me to get ky PR card? What is the current trend of new PR card processing times

ECLN

Aug 23, 2018
Toulouse, France
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
We have landed on 6 sep in Calgary, but in my application the status for pr cards is still shown as submitted. I sent an inquiry through wen form

Sep 24, 2019
Hello Guys. I have landed in Toronto on 22nd September 2019. The Immigration agent told me I will get my PR Card in Windsor in 3 months. My queries are as follows:
1. I need to get my PR card as soon as possible, as I have to return back to my home country to settle some urgent matter. The Immigration agent told me that I will receive the PR Card in 3 months though the processing time of getting the PR card on the official website of Canada Govt. is 14 days. In how many days should i expect my PR card..?
2. Do I need to do something at my end now.. Any linking of my PR card application with my online profile. Or anything else, I a completely unaware of the further process at my end now.
3. What is this Ghost Update of the profile.?
4. What else can I do to get my PR card as soon as possible.

Awaiting for the responses please. Highly appreciate all the responses. Thanks to all.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello Guys. I have landed in Toronto on 22nd September 2019. The Immigration agent told me I will get my PR Card in Windsor in 3 months. My queries are as follows:
1. I need to get my PR card as soon as possible, as I have to return back to my home country to settle some urgent matter. The Immigration agent told me that I will receive the PR Card in 3 months though the processing time of getting the PR card on the official website of Canada Govt. is 14 days. In how many days should i expect my PR card..?
2. Do I need to do something at my end now.. Any linking of my PR card application with my online profile. Or anything else, I a completely unaware of the further process at my end now.
3. What is this Ghost Update of the profile.?
4. What else can I do to get my PR card as soon as possible.

Awaiting for the responses please. Highly appreciate all the responses. Thanks to all.
PR card are getting processed in about 2 weeks these days if your photos are not rejected. Just like any other IRCC process you can't do anything to expedite it. There is high probability you get your PR card in 2 weeks.