+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

craftydev

Apr 4, 2019
I landed Aug 16th on Queenston border (Queenston-Lewiston bridge). Saw a ghost update when I checked today (application/profile updated)
Just wanted to keep folks updated. I called CIC today and they told me that there was a production error on Sept 11. There is NO note for photos or anything else that says something is missing. I'm not sure what's going on but just wanted to share this detail with others.

Millenium

May 29, 2019
Hi, What does CIC say about the reason to send "new photos"? Are the original photos to make the PR card the ones sent with the passports? Or do they take a new photo when landing with the COPR? If it is this last case, so the picture could not be good enough and they ask to send new ones? Thanks in advance!
The pictures they use originally are the ones in the COPR (CBSA copy that they keep when you land). The VO are the ones that stick those pictures in your COPR before sending it to you, I guess they are not as thorough as the CIC guys printing the PR cards.
My wife’s photos was rejected because of the smile (my guess), wasn’t a problem with the VO but it is with The PR card, sometimes the CBSA asks for new photos when you land (recent ones). My advise, get fresh photos when you land (no smile) and keep them with your friends if any at your Canadian address if you plan to do a soft landing.

Reactions: eduardop

inlandsp2018

May 1, 2019
I got ghost update on my application. Landed on Aug 27, 2019. Hopefully it will be processed and mailed in few days. I will keep you all updated.

Last edited:
Reactions: hakweye

inlandsp2018

May 1, 2019
Did my landing in Aug 27, 2019 at Etobicoke.
Got ghost update on 17, Sep 2019.
My PR card is approved and Mailed today (Sep 18, 2019).

Good luck and hope everyone gets their soon.

Reactions: hakweye

lazycrazyboon

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
I am so sorry for your situation. I guess maybe because the number of landing in Ottawa is much fewer than airport landing so they just wait until having a certain number of application and process them all at once.
Thanks ...It is indeed stressful not knowing whether or not I am gonna be going on the vacation that I planned in October because my loved ones haven't seen me in a while and I don't know what to tell them...

madscientist11

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019
Thanks ...It is indeed stressful not knowing whether or not I am gonna be going on the vacation that I planned in October because my loved ones haven't seen me in a while and I don't know what to tell them...
Can you try to apply PRTD during the mean time, I think that can be done in 3-4 weeks and get you ready for your vacation.