+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

inlandsp2018

May 1, 2019
Hey guys

What is ghost update?
When the processing officers do any kind of changes or update in their end, it triggers update on the client side. We as a user see update on our side. Instead of status as submitted it shows Update or New Message , but when we click and check there is nothing. So this update is known as ghost update. Which just tells us that someone is working on our application.

Hope i did not confuse you.

Millenium

May 29, 2019
No update so far, CP said the photos will arrive Yesterday. So, we’re waiting.
Some updates:
- 12/09/19 received a ghost update (Status updated), no change in the detailed status (hence the ghost).
- 13/09/19 received a reply from CIC to a request that I sent through web form 01/09/19 inquiring about my wife delay in approving the PR card, in the meantime I already received the letter requesting new photos. (new photos were received at CIC 10/09/19).
- 16/09/19 (today), status changed to Approved and Card was sent through mail.

Reactions: Takentaken421

Takentaken421

Aug 30, 2018
Landed at Windsor,ON on Aug 26. No update yet, still shows submitted. Submitted a webform inquiring about status, still waiting for their response.
Just an update, I was able to connect to CIC today. Agent told me that our files are not showing Canadian address. He has updated the address now and sent an email to office processing our application. Hope to get an update soon.

Takentaken421

Aug 30, 2018
Some updates:
- 12/09/19 received a ghost update (Status updated), no change in the detailed status (hence the ghost).
- 13/09/19 received a reply from CIC to a request that I sent through web form 01/09/19 inquiring about my wife delay in approving the PR card, in the meantime I already received the letter requesting new photos. (new photos were received at CIC 10/09/19).
Congratulations!

eduardop

Aug 15, 2016
Some updates:
Hi, What does CIC say about the reason to send "new photos"? Are the original photos to make the PR card the ones sent with the passports? Or do they take a new photo when landing with the COPR? If it is this last case, so the picture could not be good enough and they ask to send new ones? Thanks in advance!

lazycrazyboon

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
Landed on July 29th..No updates yet.
Stuck in limbo. Raised another webform last week, no response to that either. I think they will take 7 days to respond.
I had called on 19th August and I was told that the agent has set the concerned dept. a reminded and they have a month to respond to the status enquiry, which is coming up in 3 days. Hope the situation resolves by then...
I have a vacation coming up and I don't know what to do about ..thanks CIC!

hakweye

Star Member
Nov 16, 2016
Landed on July 29th..No updates yet.
Stuck in limbo. Raised another webform last week, no response to that either. I think they will take 7 days to respond.
I had called on 19th August and I was told that the agent has set the concerned dept. a reminded and they have a month to respond to the status enquiry, which is coming up in 3 days. Hope the situation resolves by then...
I have a vacation coming up and I don't know what to do about ..thanks CIC!
This is scary, no clue why PR card issue is getting struck for more than a month.