+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Millenium

May 29, 2019
Hello everyone,
I landed on August 14th and received on August 26th an update "We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive", does it mean what is says, is my card printed and on the way or is it something else.
The status changed for me and my 2 sons only, my wife is still "Under Processing", do they usually send the cards individually or all the family in one mail.
Thanks

HK_27

Aug 29, 2019
Hello,

I recently did my landing and currently waiting on the PR card.

At the time of landing, the visa officer only canceled the one time entry visa which we get when the permanent residence application is approved.

He didn’t put any cross on my multiple entry work visa and the open work permit. Both the visa and the work permit is still valid for an another year.

I need to travel outside Canada next month. I’m expecting to get my card before my travel plans. However, if there is any delay I was wondering if it’s still possible to show the multiple entry visa and the work permit to the airline to return back to Canada.

I’m not sure if the visa and the work permit automatically gets canceled once the visa officer submits the landing information to CIC despite being it valid on the passport.

Will the airlines come to know about it?

Ps. I’m aware of other options to return to Canada. Those doesn’t apply to me as that won’t be feasible/possible for me to go for.

Please help.

leeyangkai

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Hello,

At the time of landing, the visa officer only canceled the one time entry visa which we get when the permanent residence application is approved.

He didn’t put any cross on my multiple entry work visa and the open work permit. Both the visa and the work permit is still valid for an another year.

I need to travel outside Canada next month. I’m expecting to get my card before my travel plans. However, if there is any delay I was wondering if it’s still possible to show the multiple entry visa and the work permit to the airline to return back to Canada.

I’m not sure if the visa and the work permit automatically gets canceled once the visa officer submits the landing information to CIC despite being it valid on the passport.

Ps. I’m aware of other options to return to Canada. Those doesn’t apply to me as that won’t be feasible/possible for me to go for.

Please help.
I am under the similar circumstances - PR card applied and traveling soon. Hope someone can help..

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
I got a ghost update on my pr card but I only landed 2 days ago, is there a possibility they already approved my pr card?? I hope this update would be a good sign and I hope my pictures were accepted, I did them at Costco

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello,

Please help.
PR card these days come in 2 weeks so you have enough time.

I also know a friend who was able to travel to Canada showing his non cancelled visit visa. Airline has no way of checking that if visa is not crossed out by the officer.

Reactions: mbaleine

HK_27

Aug 29, 2019
Thanks for your reply. But, Will I’ve to report to the immigration officer that I’m a permanent resident at port of entry?

Won’t they report me for not having a PR card.

MeghaThimmappa

Aug 2, 2017
Hi Guys,

So happy :) it's officially over!
Just received my pretty PR card :)

Timeline :

Landed: August 12, 2019
PR card approved: August 23( so just about 11 days)
Mailed : August 23
Received: August 29, 2019

My journey is officially over!!
Good luck to all of you!

See you in 2 years when we become citizens! Cheers
Awesome.. Congratulations @Island_vibes. Mine still shows submitted. On Monday they updated my address, after that no update. Waiting is never ending.

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
Landing: Aug 7, 2019
Linked: Aug 8
Email to retake photo: Aug 15
New photos delivered: Aug 22
Ghost update: Aug 29
Approved & mailed: Aug 30

pcanvisa

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Hello,

Please help.
first of all, you have enough time to get your PR card.
Second, I strongly advice you to not to travel on the other non cancelled visa. I have multiple entry canadian visitor visa just like you have work visa. When the office struck my single entry visa out, i specifically asked if need be, i can travel on visitor visa which is not cancelled. He told me that since Im in the systems as a PR, being a visitor will create confusion. Im sure, he was not 100% sure but that did make some sense.

But again, check with your immigration attorney for best advice.

Aug 19, 2014
Linked: Aug 8
Email to retake photo: Aug 15
New photos delivered: Aug 22
Ghost update: Aug 29
Approved & mailed: Aug 30
Hey! I got my photos request on 12th August and my photos were delivered on the 19th but didn’t got any reply back! Any suggestions..?

Babsfrey

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
I thought to contribute my timeline having learned what to expect regarding my timeline from this group.

For younger daughter:

Linked: Aug 11, 2019
Called to provide permanent address: Aug 13, 2019
Ghost update: Aug 16, 2019
Approved & mailed: Aug 17, 2019
Received: Aug 21, 2019

For me:

Called to provide permanent address: Aug 13, 2019
Ghost update: Aug 16, 2019
Approved & mailed: Aug 19, 2019
Received: Aug 22, 2019

For wife and older daughter:

Landing: Aug 9, 2019
Ghost update: Aug 19, 2019
Approved & mailed: Aug 19, 2019
Received: Aug 23, 2019

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
Thanks! Where did you sent your photos btw? PO Box 4500, Sydney, NS.?
PO Box 4500 was the address given in the email instruction. I would have used that address if I were to use regular mail. But I used Xpresspost (which does not deliver to PO box), so I looked it up on IRCC website and used 49 Dorchester St instead.