+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

letsgotocan

Star Member
May 16, 2018
hi folks,
I have been a passive follower of this thread for the past few weeks.

Congratulations for those who have received their PR cards!! The result of all your hard work is finally in your hands.
Wishing you all a great life ahead in Canada!!!

Looks like the PR card processing is way faster nowadays compared to last month. Good for everyone!
I landed with my family on March 24th at the Douglas border crossing. I belong to the FSW (O) category. I have linked my application to my existing profile. Now eagerly awaiting updates on my profile.

One question though, is this faster processing only limited to inland candidates or are there any outland members as well whose PR card processing went this fast (at the rate at which it is going on right now, about 3 weeks)?

Cheers!!
Update:
Got a ghost update in my profile today: 10/April (Landed on 24/March at Douglas border crossing).
FSW(O)

A bit tensed now, hoping that there shouldnt be any photo requests. I had my CoPR photos rejected once and I re-sent them after which CoPR got approved.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Update:
Got a ghost update in my profile today: 10/April (Landed on 24/March at Douglas border crossing).
FSW(O)

A bit tensed now, hoping that there shouldnt be any photo requests. I had my CoPR photos rejected once and I re-sent them after which CoPR got approved.
It won't be. PR card is on the way. They have changed the process now, they would never reject CoPR photos and only do it after landing.

Reactions: letsgotocan

letsgotocan

Star Member
May 16, 2018
It won't be. PR card is on the way. They have changed the process now, they would never reject CoPR photos and only do it after landing.
Thanks @lampbreaker . That sounds reassuring. By logic, once they deem the photos fit for CoPR (after first rejection), it should go through the scrutiny for PR cards as well. It all looks so near yet so far :)

vineysindhu

Star Member
Aug 26, 2018
Thanks @lampbreaker . That sounds reassuring. By logic, once they deem the photos fit for CoPR (after first rejection), it should go through the scrutiny for PR cards as well. It all looks so near yet so far :)
I don't think it works like that. They rejected my photos for PR card despite being accepted for copr. However, there was no update in my account for photo rejection just an email asking for new photos so don't worry you will get your PR card soon.

Reactions: Best4best

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
I don't think it works like that. They rejected my photos for PR card despite being accepted for copr. However, there was no update in my account for photo rejection just an email asking for new photos so don't worry you will get your PR card soon.
In the past they would never 'accept or reject' anything for COPR. They would only reject it when it comes to PR cards. But now they have started scrutinizing photos at CoPR stage also.

Reactions: cadgijoe

manik1105

Dec 27, 2018
I landed on Mar 2nd at Toronto along with my wife and flew back to the US (where I currently reside) a couple of days later.

I still haven't received any notification on PR card being dispatched.

I tried adding the case to my IRCC account but was unable to do so. I contacted IRCC through web forms and all they said was that they could confirm that I counln't add my application to my profile. WTH.

Anyone else or was in a similar situation?

letsgotocan

Star Member
May 16, 2018
I landed on Mar 2nd at Toronto along with my wife and flew back to the US (where I currently reside) a couple of days later.

I still haven't received any notification on PR card being dispatched.

I tried adding the case to my IRCC account but was unable to do so. I contacted IRCC through web forms and all they said was that they could confirm that I counln't add my application to my profile. WTH.

Anyone else or was in a similar situation?
Did you try calling them? If not, my suggestion would be to try doing that, that way you can get a clear update rather than waiting for these template web form responses.

manik1105

Dec 27, 2018
Did you try calling them? If not, my suggestion would be to try doing that, that way you can get a clear update rather than waiting for these template web form responses.
I haven't called them yet. Figured that I would wait till the "Average Processing Time" has passed, which will be next week. However, now that I know many who have landed after me have already received it, I will give them a call.

cadgijoe

May 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
03-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Med's Done....
23-07-2018
Passport Req..
18-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
LANDED..........
21-05-2019
In the past they would never 'accept or reject' anything for COPR. They would only reject it when it comes to PR cards. But now they have started scrutinizing photos at CoPR stage also.
Hi so it means once COPR is issued, photo for PR will be accepted?

OnOn

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Landed Mar 18
Ghost update Apr 2
Approved Apr 4
Received Apr 10

The journey is over.

manik1105

Dec 27, 2018
How did you guys link your PR card application to IRCC account? Manually added it using "Link your application" after logging in with your GC Key?