+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

mrHuiChen

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
So if you received ghost update, does it mean your photos are good? I received ghost updates for both myself and my wife today, just wonder could it still be possible that we need to redo our photos? Or it's likely for sure that we got approved?
Got approved on March 14. Said card is sent out.

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
landed feb 7, just checked online today and saw a ghost update. Does that means that I will soon get approved? or are there ghost updates even in case of photo request?

ALso my spouse and infant have not got a ghost update.

Reactions: abrarv

mrHuiChen

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
landed feb 7, just checked online today and saw a ghost update. Does that means that I will soon get approved? or are there ghost updates even in case of photo request?

ALso my spouse and infant have not got a ghost update.
you are very likely gonna see 'approved' tmr.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
How does the photo resubmission request come? I am facing technical difficulties in linking my application to my online account. However, my wife and son's applications are linked. Will the photo request come in mail or email or online account message?

nawalasansol

May 29, 2017
Here is my complete timeline, might be helpful for some readers.

Landed:- 22nd Jan 2019 Etobiko Cic Office, Toronto
Ghost Update: 8th March 2019 (It means my PR went to Production for printing)
Approved:- 12th March 2019, (Status Update in my profile, it means PR card was mailed by CIC before 12th March).
Received:- 14th March 2019, (Received the PR card and thanked God)

Wish you guys all the best and hope everyone get there card as soon as possible.

Last edited:

MaxNad

Mar 6, 2019
Here is my complete timeline, might be helpful for some readers :)

Landed in Toronto: Jan 24
Ghost Update: March 9
Approved and mailed: March 12
Received: March 14 (Which is my birthday too :p) Happy Birthday and Happy PR day to me :D

Good Luck to everyone here

Reactions: northern sunshine

PlimPlum

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
Just checked the status for the remaining PR cards we have been waiting for. Ghost update for the photos delivered Feb 14, 2019, less than a month after photos were delivered. Not bad.
Final update:
Photo resubmitted (delivery date): February 14, 2019
Ghost Update: March 9, 2019
Approved: March 12, 2019
Received in Windsor, ON: March 15, 2019.

Good luck to everyone who are still waiting their PR cards.

P.S. Here is what I learned about the photo requirements after series of rejections. Absolutely no shadows on the background, while shadows on the chin seems fine. Only my photo was taken in Canada at shoppers, photos were not very sharp though. My wife's and kids photos were taken in the US by a professional studio. I received the digital version of their photos, which I then cropped using idphoto4you and printed them out at shoppers. Their quality was much better than the one taken at shoppers. I then wrote the original studios' address and date the photo was taken on the back myself. All the previous photos taken at Walmart and Walgreens got rejected multiple times.

Reactions: dsinghd

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Landed 09 Feb 2019
Spouse Photo Request 15 Mar 2019
Child Ghost update 15 Mar 2019
My own application cannot be found/unable to link, no photo request yet

Should I simply send them all our photos?