+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

ivanrhs

Feb 12, 2018
Hi all and thanks for all this incredible source of information:
I linked today the PR Card request process for me, my wife and my daughter to my CIC account. I should have done it before right after my landing to avoid stress and anxiety :)

I am posting my timeline here:

Soft Landed: 21 Dec, 2018 (Toronto Pearson International Airport)
Returned back to my country: 12 Jan, 2019
Application status message: "Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details" (same message for the 3 of us). In the details we have the document numbers, expiry date and the Status "Your document is valid" and the "Status Updated Date" is 1 Feb,2019
PR Card - Waiting for PR Card (mail address in Milton, Ontario)

Everything looks good... I think. The question I have is that the current status for the 3 PR Card processes is still "Submitted" at the CIC main account homepage and the submitted date is today (14 Feb,2019). I was expecting "approved" and the submitted date the same "Landed" date.

Questions:
1 - Why this status information from the "Account Homepage" application summary is different from the full application status link?
2 - Do I need to see a change in the status different from "Submitted" to confirm that the PR cards were shipped to my address? I don't know if I just sit and wait for the cards to arrive or if there are other steps that I have to wait before confirming that everything is ok for them to mail the cards.

Thanks,
Ivan

medwiz

May 25, 2014
Hi all and thanks for all this incredible source of information:
I linked today the PR Card request process for me, my wife and my daughter to my CIC account. I should have done it before right after my landing to avoid stress and anxiety :)

I am posting my timeline here:

Soft Landed: 21 Dec, 2018 (Toronto Pearson International Airport)
Returned back to my country: 12 Jan, 2019
Application status message: "Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details" (same message for the 3 of us). In the details we have the document numbers, expiry date and the Status "Your document is valid" and the "Status Updated Date" is 1 Feb,2019
PR Card - Waiting for PR Card (mail address in Milton, Ontario)

Everything looks good... I think. The question I have is that the current status for the 3 PR Card processes is still "Submitted" at the CIC main account homepage and the submitted date is today (14 Feb,2019). I was expecting "approved" and the submitted date the same "Landed" date.

Questions:
1 - Why this status information from the "Account Homepage" application summary is different from the full application status link?
2 - Do I need to see a change in the status different from "Submitted" to confirm that the PR cards were shipped to my address? I don't know if I just sit and wait for the cards to arrive or if there are other steps that I have to wait before confirming that everything is ok for them to mail the cards.

Thanks,
Ivan

Congratulations! To answer both your questions in short I think you're good...the status from the home page should eventually turn to "approved" as well... as long as you can see the 3 PR card applications inside as approved with number and expiry date etc then they are definitely issued

The submitted date never changes ...it's the date u linked the applications

ivanrhs

Feb 12, 2018
Congratulations! To answer both your questions in short I think you're good...the status from the home page should eventually turn to "approved" as well... as long as you can see the 3 PR card applications inside as approved with number and expiry date etc then they are definitely issued

The submitted date never changes ...it's the date u linked the applications
Thanks for the quick reply. it is been 13 days since the approved update. I will assume that the cards are very close to arrive

medwiz

May 25, 2014
Thanks for the quick reply. it is been 13 days since the approved update. I will assume that the cards are very close to arrive
No worries! Yes delivery time seems to be variable from what I'm reading here..weather conditions could be effecting too...I'm sure your cards will be delivered soon

Emenaik007

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Ghost update : 9th of January
Pr card approval: 11th of January
Pr card received: 14th of January.
Best of luck to all of you still waiting for your cards.

medwiz

May 25, 2014
one more question: It is possible to check the mail address?
Yes call IRCC..I called them too also to check the address...took me several attempts and a long wait time in the call que

In the end the agent didn't seem to be too happy that I was just asking him to confirm the mailing address...but he did

utoydemir

Sep 28, 2017
You had questions on re submission request, here is some information
Since you are going to do (soft) landing, you need to provide a local Canadian address ( may be of a friend/relative)
All communications will reach that address.
Photo requests can come by email or postal mail
As far as I know, photos taken outside of Canada are accepted as well.
Soft Copy does not work, you need to send real Photos (hard copy)
Exactly this...