+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

EyeEye

Feb 23, 2018
Hi,

We have landed as PRs in Canada and after that returned back to our home country for a while. Since then we have received rejection emails for the submitted PR photos, and now need to submit new ones to CPC Sydney. I understand we need the PR cards to return back to Canada. Are there any means to track the progress and status of PR cards issuance with CPC Sydney after re-submission? We are currently quite stuck waiting for these cards...

Another question - what do people refer to above as being "approved" in after landing in Canada?

inder.online

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hi,

We have landed as PRs in Canada and after that returned back to our home country for a while. Since then we have received rejection emails for the submitted PR photos, and now need to submit new ones to CPC Sydney. I understand we need the PR cards to return back to Canada. Are there any means to track the progress and status of PR cards issuance with CPC Sydney after re-submission? We are currently quite stuck waiting for these cards...

Another question - what do people refer to above as being "approved" in after landing in Canada?
You can send a webform to CIC to inquire about current processing for resubmitted photos. (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx)
But they are not up to date and generally tell about old dates, also they may not respond if you inquire too early or too many times.
This forum and specially this thread get better information since a lot of people share their updates.

"approved" after landing is status of PR card application. Once you are able to link PR card application to Express Entry profile, you can see the status of it.

Hope this helps.

medwiz

May 25, 2014
Hi,

Link the PR card applications to your online account on IRCC website (GCKey)...each family member PR card is a separate application...how to link is mentioned several times in this thread

Approved just means the status tht is shown online on ur account once PR card is processed and dispatched

matt6558

Jun 12, 2018
Anyone got approved status who got profile updated status yesterday?
Not yet, my family received the ghost updates yesterday but I have just checked now, not approved yet, so I guess it takes a couple of days to get approved. I hope that tomorrow we get approval! Good luck !

Reactions: Hiren8717

vineet86

May 27, 2018
Hello All,
Just a quick question,
Usually the validity of PR Card is 5 years. So, from which date this period of 5 years starts? From Landing date or PR Card print date or ...?

Thank you!!

medwiz

May 25, 2014
Hello All,
Just a quick question,
Usually the validity of PR Card is 5 years. So, from which date this period of 5 years starts? From Landing date or PR Card print date or ...?

Thank you!!
Starts from PR card approval/issuance date

jayker2002

Feb 1, 2019
Would be great if that happens...:)

Fingers crossed!!!
Yes me too but now ppl getting approved around 40 days. So Jan 9 will be Feb 20 we will get approved.
I dont know why so many ppl getting re-submission photo request? in my case, the lady at the office only took 1 photo when I landed but they asked for 2 photos before.
That's why I got this request... so weird for the system. Not my fault at all.

Yogeshms1985

Nov 23, 2017
Hello guys,

Did someone applied for solmen declaration form for the lost/never received (6weeks after dispatch) PR card.

I did applied yesterday but i am not sure about processing time for the same.
Guys,
Finally solmen declaration application approved and IRCC cancelled my daughter previous card and printed new one.
Landed-9oct
Approved -8dec
Solmen declaration- 21 jan
Approved 5 feb

nila21

Oct 23, 2017
Finally all 3 cards got approved. here is our timeline...

Landed: Oct 5 2018
photo request for all 3: 29 Nov 2018
photo submitted and received by CIC: 10 December 2018
PR cards approved: 2nd Feb 2019

I am so relieved that there were no more photo requests..

any idea how long will it take to receive them?