+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

sreekumarz

May 8, 2018
What is this survey email? Can you please share it.

Thanks.
Email Content is as below :

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is asking you about your settlement and labour market experiences in your first years in Canada, as an immigrant who was admitted as a permanent resident between January 1, 2015, and December 31, 2018.
This survey should take you about 20 minutes to complete.
Your participation in this survey is strictly voluntary and your answers will remain confidential and will not affect your immigration status or pending decisions on any other applications you may have with IRCC presently or in the future.

The above is again reprised in French and survey link is a voxco link.
Well to be honest I don't know if the survey email has got any connection to PR Card processing !

mapleleaf2019

Jan 31, 2019
Landing: Oct 14th, 2018 as a principle applicant with one dependent.
Photo request for myself : Dec 8th, 2018
Sent out the new photo and the photo was received on Dec 19th, 2018 by CIC according to the tracking note.
Ghost update for my partner's card: Jan 4th, 2019
Approved for my partner's card: Jan 7th, 2019
Card received for my partner: Jan 10th, 2019
Ghost update for myself: Feb 5th, 2019
Waiting for the approval...
This means they are processing photos as of December 19th. My photos were received on the same day . No updates yet ...

Reactions: dell2

sreekumarz

May 8, 2018
You can log in your CIC account, and use "add (link) your application to your account" tool in the page to link your pr card application. select “Permanent Resident Card” as the category. (not the “Permanent Resident”).
If you don't know the application number, you can select “Family Name, Given Name and DOB” for the first dropdown of “Application Detail” to link it.
good luck!
This is great. I was not knowing this. Thanks alot. Well after linking current status of PR Card shows 'Submitted' .

Reactions: nawalasansol

Sid6767

Jan 15, 2019
Hi all, the below is my time line and I have just checked my PR card status and it seems that my family has just received the ghost update, and I hope that the photos re-submitted are ok and hear the good news soon (approved sign in the CIC account, as I saw somewhere in the forum that even if you get a ghost update, you can still be re-requested for photo again..I hope this doesn't happen.

My question is how long will it take for the status (submitted ) to approved in the CIC account usually after the ghost update?
thank you!

Soft landing: Oct 19
Photo request: Early Dec
Photo submitted/reached CIC office on : Dec 19, 2018
Ghost update: Feb 5th 2019 (today)
2-3 days after ghost update :)
and 99% people get approval after ghost update so don’t worry ;)

nawalasansol

May 29, 2017
This is great. I was not knowing this. Thanks alot. Well after linking current status of PR Card shows 'Submitted' .
Me as well.. Able to link and status is Submitted, What's your timeline? Mine landing date in 22nd Jan. Still, at least one month to go for any movement.

Sid6767

Jan 15, 2019
i am sorry that is simple question, what dose ghost update mean ?Will it be seen in GCKEY account? if so could you please give instructions where i could find it.
you need to link your pr card application to GCKEY then once your file status will change from submitted to updated and once u check it will be back to submitted its call ghost update:)

Krystine

Dec 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
Hello! i have one question. If cic needs new photo for pr card, they will send email to my personal email or my lawyer’s email?
Hello,
Sadly, There is no definite answer to this.
Some folks receive an email notification while some receive it through their mailbox. And in some other cases, they receive none of those notification but got to know there is a photo request over the conversation with CIC agent. In my case, I did not receive any notification at all (I also contacted to my immigration consultant to ask if they received any notification on their side and they said nothing) and when I called to check the status after 2 months of waiting since my landing, I Was told by the agent that there was a photo request. Hence I recommend you to call and check if there is any missing information on your file when the processing time of your file goes beyond the regular processing time notified in CIC website.

Last edited:

garrybajwa

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
I linked my application to cic account today. It says submitted but when I open it , it says decision has been made and application was approved. Does approved usually means card is dispatched?

Reactions: Sid6767