+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

prt22

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
yes congratulations hopefully ur file will approve in 2-3 days :)
Thanks! I hope it gets approved cause I read that some people got the photo request emails even after ghost update. Fingers crossed. Will update the forum if I get any further updates!

mahi2020

Oct 7, 2016
I am not able to link my pr-card application to my express entry account.

pr-card application reached on 19th dec

Irrespective of whatever information I enter surname/first name/UCI etc, system is not able to find my application.

suggestions welcome.

nadine_2405

Jan 15, 2019
Hi Guys :)
My PR journey is finally over. I thought I would log in here and give you my dates - maybe it can help someone.

landed - sept 28
photo resubmission request - nov 23
photos delivered - nov 29
ghost update - jan 24
approved - jan 25
card received - jan 30

this process really does test your patience. but eventually you get the card :)

best of luck to everyone :)

leo3953

Jan 25, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I need some help or clarification about soft landing. I live in the US and landed in Vancouver back in December, 2018. The VO did not request the Permanent Residency Card Application Form, or anything else. He only asked me a few questions and said the PR card would be sent to the address I provided.

Is this the new process now? why all the information I get from here is the form is required to apply a PR card?

After came back to the US over a month, I tried to see the application status of my PR card, but the system said they can't find my application. I used this link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

Any one experienced the same ?

Thank you in advance !!

prt22

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I need some help or clarification about soft landing. I live in the US and landed in Vancouver back in December, 2018. The VO did not request the Permanent Residency Card Application Form, or anything else. He only asked me a few questions and said the PR card would be sent to the address I provided.

Is this the new process now? why all the information I get from here is the form is required to apply a PR card?

After came back to the US over a month, I tried to see the application status of my PR card, but the system said they can't find my application. I used this link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

Thank you in advance !!
Hi,
When you landed, the CBSA officer applied for an initial PR card for you. It is done for everyone who lands (soft landing, permanent move, internal landings). You don't have to apply for it again unless you lose ur original one or it expires. Since the initial application was done when u landed, you can link that application to your myCIC account to see the updates on it.

Sid6767

Jan 15, 2019
Hi Guys :)
My PR journey is finally over. I thought I would log in here and give you my dates - maybe it can help someone.

landed - sept 28
photo resubmission request - nov 23
photos delivered - nov 29
ghost update - jan 24
approved - jan 25
card received - jan 30

this process really does test your patience. but eventually you get the card :)

best of luck to everyone :)
best wishes for ur life ahead :)

Sid6767

Jan 15, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Thank you in advance !!
u dont need to apply officer must did for you its like you are making mistake in linking your application nothing else

Sid6767

Jan 15, 2019
I am not able to link my pr-card application to my express entry account.

pr-card application reached on 19th dec

Irrespective of whatever information I enter surname/first name/UCI etc, system is not able to find my application.

suggestions welcome.
JUST TAKE COPR COPY AND YOUR PASSPORT AND PUT DETAILS ON YOU WILL BE ABLE TO LINK

ojitos

Dec 12, 2018
landed: Oct 09, 2018
Photo req: dec 03, 2018
Photo delivered: dec 06, 2018
Ghost update: Jan 25, 2019
Approved: Jan 29, 2019

Long wait :)
Hello! Can you please share where you landed? I think timelines depend on the office. We did our Landing OCt 9 in Niagara and got photo request the 3rd.

Thank you!

snowflayc

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Hello! Can you please share where you landed? I think timelines depend on the office. We did our Landing OCt 9 in Niagara and got photo request the 3rd.

Thank you!
I think it should for you very soon, probably in a week or two! All the good luck!

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
AOR: June 21st
PPR: Aug 14th
Landing: Sep 6th
Photo Request: Oct 17th
Photo Delivered: Oct 22nd
Ghost Update: Jan 21st
Approved: Jan 23rd
PR Card: Jan 28th

For those with photo requests, I recommend attaching the courier delivery confirmation on the webform you send to CIC. They always replied me with automated messages, but the first time I attached the delivery confirmation they forwarded it to the PR card processing center and 2 days later I got the ghost update. It might have been coincidence but it doesn't hurt to try. Good Luck!
Congratulations and Thank You. After reading your post, i sent a CSE yesterday with the tracking number of the package i sent. Now i am praying that the agent who reads it is kind enough to think like a human and not reply like a bot. Here i see many December applicants getting card approvals but i never heard about my photos that were delivered on 23 November.

sidddshah

Jan 31, 2019
Hi,
I've seen a few posts about people "linking" their PR card to their account.
Is this something I need to do actively and what are the advantages?
And if yes, how do I go about doing it?

Thanks in advance
-Sid