+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Sufiyan Bhaiyat

Nov 20, 2018
Wonder if it is okay to call them to ask about my status on a regular basis (such as, once a week?) Because I have no access to my file since my account is being handled by my immigration consultant.
The only way to know whether it is approved or not is to call and ask to CIC. When I called 2 weeks ago, the agent told me I got a photo request for myself so I submitted the new photo and according to the tracking note, they received my photo a week ago. I really wonder if my new photo is okay now. I am going to my home country in mid January.
My application is approved today now when i expect to get my pr card?

Krystine

Dec 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
My application is approved today now when i expect to get my pr card?
Seems like someone already replied to this question in this thread. No one can be 100% sure when you will be receiving your card. If you live in Ontario, it will be very likely that you will receive your card within a week (my guess)

RajeshGannamaneni

Oct 22, 2018
HI did you receive your card after 2nd photo request, even I got a 2nd photo request wanted to know the time line after the 2nd photo request.
I went to India on Nov 16th. I did not receive the PR card at that time, so I applied for PRTD at Bangalore. I returned to Canada on 17th December and called IRCC for an update, I was surprised when they said the photos are approved but they lost my address for some reason. I got my address updated and the application is in approved state now. I guess it will take 2 weeks for the card to be delivered due to the holidays.

RajeshGannamaneni

Oct 22, 2018
Landed: 29-Jul-18 - Toronto Pearson Airport
First Photo Request: 13-Sep
Photo Taken at Staples(BIG MISTAKE) and Sent: 17-Sep
Photo Delivered : 21-Sep
2nd Photo Request : 12-Oct
Photo Sent : 12-Oct
Photo Delivered : 15-Oct
Went to India(pre-planned) - Nov 16th
Nov 23rd - Application Updated
Returned to Canada on PRTD - Dec 17th
Called IRCC for update - Dec 19th
Missing Address, hence got the address updated - Dec 19th
Application Approved - Dec 21st
PR Card delivered - Waiting

RajeshGannamaneni

Oct 22, 2018
landed on 1 st November and i didn't get my pr cardyet can i go to india without pr card????
I have been in this situation. You can go to India without PR card but for returning, you will need PRTD.

I went to India on Nov 16th without PR card and returned to Canada on Dec 17th with a PRTD. I am still to receive my PR card.

RajeshGannamaneni

Oct 22, 2018
Hello Friends, I am still to receive the photo request letter in mail. Any idea how long does it take ?
The email was sent on Dec 20, I am thinking if I should rather print the email and send it along with photos instead of waiting for the letter in mail.
Any suggestions ?
For you and your spouse, a print out of the letter will be enough, thats how i did it.

RajeshGannamaneni

Oct 22, 2018
Hello,
When applying for PRTD, do I need to include a return envelope as well? The website does not mentioned this. Does anyone have experience with this?
What is the processing time for PRTD?

Thanks
return envelope is not required.

PRTD applied at bangalore vfs - 19th Nov
Received passport on 3rd Dec

RajeshGannamaneni

Oct 22, 2018
Hi Folks,
I landed on Dec 9th on Surrey, BC border by car. I have my tickets booked to travel to India on evening of Jan 31st.
Current processing time is showing 54 days. I am hopeful of card arriving by that time.
Can someone please suggest following:

1-Realistically, when can I expect my card to arrive?
2-Is entry by land any faster/slower than processing time shown on CIC website?
3-What is the estimate time to get travel document from VFS new delhi. I did some research and found timeline all the way fro 5 days to 1 month. Any one has recent experience can share?
Took me 2 weeks at vfs bangalore.

PRTD applied at bangalore vfs - 19th Nov
Received passport on 3rd Dec

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
Landed: 29-Jul-18 - Toronto Pearson Airport
First Photo Request: 13-Sep
Photo Taken at Staples(BIG MISTAKE) and Sent: 17-Sep
Photo Delivered : 21-Sep
2nd Photo Request : 12-Oct
Photo Sent : 12-Oct
Photo Delivered : 15-Oct
Went to India(pre-planned) - Nov 16th
Nov 23rd - Application Updated
Returned to Canada on PRTD - Dec 17th
Called IRCC for update - Dec 19th
Missing Address, hence got the address updated - Dec 19th
Application Approved - Dec 21st
PR Card delivered - Waiting
Hi. Where did you get your second photos clicked?

ASAD1ASAD

Star Member
May 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JULY 2016
Doc's Request.
JULY 2016
I went to India on Nov 16th. I did not receive the PR card at that time, so I applied for PRTD at Bangalore. I returned to Canada on 17th December and called IRCC for an update, I was surprised when they said the photos are approved but they lost my address for some reason. I got my address updated and the application is in approved state now. I guess it will take 2 weeks for the card to be delivered due to the holidays.
When You went to India, You informed anything to CIC or just left CANADA and after coming back informed . Thank You.