+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

bellissima

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Hello, Did anyone send photos in mail with Canada Post Xpresspost on or around 6th Dec 2018 from Ontario to Sydney, NS? Normally, how many days it takes to get documents mail delivered with Canada Post Xpresspost?

Landed in Mid Oct 2018. I got a photo request on 6th Dec 2018. So, sent photos and document mail the same day through Xpresspost to get it delivered faster and track it online. Next day, it was showing expected delivery date 12th Dec. After that, its adding days everyday and now its showing Expected delivery date 17th Dec 2018 :( How is this an express service?

It's a really frustrating situation.:mad: :(
Hi, Anjy! Same situation here. The lady at the post office said that it takes three days to deliver the package via Xpresspost, so I sent it that way. However, the dates are constantly changing, from Dec 14 to Dec 17, this morning the date was changed again to Dec 18.

Anjy

Feb 24, 2018
Hi, Anjy! Same situation here. The lady at the post office said that it takes three days to deliver the package via Xpresspost, so I sent it that way. However, the dates are constantly changing, from Dec 14 to Dec 17, this morning the date was changed again to Dec 18.
@bellissima Yes. I got the same reply from Canada post guy that this is the fastest service in Canada. @sid1987 That Canada post guy didn't even mention about the backlogs going on because of the strike. I contacted that guy again the next day of sending the mail telling this issues about expected delivery date and asked if I can send photos through other services like FedEx or UPS. He said that these other services also give their mails to Canada Post eventually. So its better to send with Canada Post only. I wasn't sure if that's true. So, I sent with Canada Post. Is it true that other services deliver mails through Canada Post?
This is so disappointing and stressful :(

Someone please suggest me what should I do if I want to send photos mail again from USA? Which service should I use and how many days it will take to get the mail delivered to Sydney, NS?

sharrulatha

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
Hello, Did anyone send photos in mail with Canada Post Xpresspost on or around 6th Dec 2018 from Ontario to Sydney, NS? Normally, how many days it takes to get documents mail delivered with Canada Post Xpresspost?

Landed in Mid Oct 2018. I got a photo request on 6th Dec 2018. So, sent photos and document mail the same day through Xpresspost to get it delivered faster and track it online. Next day, it was showing expected delivery date 12th Dec. After that, its adding days everyday and now its showing Expected delivery date 17th Dec 2018 :( How is this an express service?

I sent it on dec 4 from Ottawa, canadapost xpress post. It reached CIC office in two days.

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
Nope they don give it canada post... i sent my wife’s through ups.. and it goes to diff address and its signed by reciving person.

nik.bapat

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Pune
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Done....
12-02-2018
Passport Req..
23-03-2018
LANDED..........
29-09-2018
Now this is scary. My card was received in Edmonton yesterday and my brother has sent it to me in Mississauga using Xpresspost today. I am scheduled to travel on in another 10 days. I hope I get my card before that.

highway52

Jan 26, 2016
Landed: August 30 (Toronto)
Photo Request: October 12
Photo Received by CIC: October 15
Approved: December 5
Card Received: December 11

Long journey with roller coaster ride.... It is a feeling from Shawshank Redemption ..that Andy Drufesne must have experienced when he can came out of that sewage pipe at end.

Reactions: rezmal

bellissima

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Now this is scary. My card was received in Edmonton yesterday and my brother has sent it to me in Mississauga using Xpresspost today. I am scheduled to travel on in another 10 days. I hope I get my card before that.
Hey nik.bapat, congratulations on having the pr card, even it was received in Edmonton. Hope you get it in time. As your brother sent it via Xpresspost, he should have received a tracking number. You can use this number to track the delivery time on canadapost website. Good luck to all of us :)

nik.bapat

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Pune
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Done....
12-02-2018
Passport Req..
23-03-2018
LANDED..........
29-09-2018
Hey nik.bapat, congratulations on having the pr card, even it was received in Edmonton. Hope you get it in time. As your brother sent it via Xpresspost, he should have received a tracking number. You can use this number to track the delivery time on canadapost website. Good luck to all of us :)
Yes good luck to all... I am tracking it

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017

My photos delivered on 4th working day from Toronto on 23rd Nov.

gloryvc

Jan 8, 2016
Landed on 1st October
Photo request for me on 28th nov
photo sent by registered post via canada post on 30th nov which delivered on 6th december
No photo request for my wife. her application is approved today 12th dec. Waiting for the card