+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

aminenedjar90

Sep 22, 2017
I Landed on 26 september and received photo request on 27 november. I have sent the photos on 28 november to Sydney case processing center, however i did not receive any acknowledgment of the receipt of the photos up to date. I sent an email to CIC enquiring about the status of my photos, CIC replied back stating that they are not able to locate my photos in their system yet and they have mentioned that they are currently processing 12 October photos. What should I do in this case taking into consideration that the photos should be received within a month period as stated in the cic request letter otherwise my PR card application will be cancelled. Note that I cant call CIC as I am outside Canada.

DonDraper

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
I Landed on 26 september and received photo request on 27 november. I have sent the photos on 28 november to Sydney case processing center, however i did not receive any acknowledgment of the receipt of the photos up to date. I sent an email to CIC enquiring about the status of my photos, CIC replied back stating that they are not able to locate my photos in their system yet and they have mentioned that they are currently processing 12 October photos. What should I do in this case taking into consideration that the photos should be received within a month period as stated in the cic request letter otherwise my PR card application will be cancelled. Note that I cant call CIC as I am outside Canada.
If it helps, I was told that they will pick up pace and process the November end photo request by December 3rd week.

DonDraper

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
I'm not sure if anything can be done other than waiting on it.

DonDraper

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Did you get the photo request after ghost update or before? I landed on Oct 11 and got the ghost update last night. Wondering if my photos are accepted or not.
I didn't get any ghost update before the photo request. Probably yours is approved.

nik.bapat

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Pune
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Done....
12-02-2018
Passport Req..
23-03-2018
LANDED..........
29-09-2018
I don't get it, if its the same application why won't they send the bunch at a time.
It was the same application until you landed. Thereafter each application is separate.

DonDraper

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
It was the same application until you landed. Thereafter each application is separate.
I get that, I have done the whole process by myself so im familiar with the jargon. If a family is landing together, why can't it be on same application, was my question. It can be said thats how the process goes, im saying the process can be easily modified. without causing inconvenience to families.

ymna

Nov 30, 2017
You can download ( 2nd line) app on your mobile.... then you will be able to call cic free from this app

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
I don't get it, if its the same application why won't they send the bunch at a time.
your getting it is wrong... once you land... you are separate entity.. he app is individual.. she was part of ur app only till approval process... after that u and ur wife are separately responsible for completing obligation of residency etc... for example after 5 years if u have more than 2 years in Canada and she has 1.5... she will loose residency u will not... I hope that makes clear for anyone..

Reactions: ymna

DonDraper

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
your getting it is wrong... once you land... you are separate entity.. he app is individual.. she was part of ur app only till approval process... after that u and ur wife are separately responsible for completing obligation of residency etc... for example after 5 years if u have more than 2 years in Canada and she has 1.5... she will loose residency u will not... I hope that makes clear for anyone..
I believe Residency thing holds true for PR card renewal post 5 years and not for New PR card as the residency hasn't been established yet.

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
I get that, I have done the whole process by myself so im familiar with the jargon. If a family is landing together, why can't it be on same application, was my question. It can be said thats how the process goes, im saying the process can be easily modified. without causing inconvenience to families.
NOPE.. again let me clarify this.. any person on file with you.. its ur dependent... may or may not be family... now once u land you are individuals.. game up

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
I believe Residency thing holds true for PR card renewal post 5 years and not for New PR card as the residency hasn't been established yet.
residency is established as soon as u receive copy and do ur landing...

NEEL93_46

Feb 2, 2017
Landed on 11th October.

Called ircc on Monday (03/12) since i passed 50 days processing time . They said , photos are okay . I will put a note on your file . So , they will consider . Later that day , I opened cic account, status was updated, and opened it went to submitted again.