+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
Got my application approved on Aug 4th and still not received the card in the mail. My address is in Etobicoke, Ontario.

Is it normal?

Grewal_bal

Aug 18, 2018
Is there any waiting time difference between inland interview (people have interview in canada somewhere in immigration office) and people land on airport?? I’m so worried because we already booked tickets at the end October. My inland interview was in July

strikeharsh

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Got my application approved on Aug 4th and still not received the card in the mail. My address is in Etobicoke, Ontario.

Is it normal?
Usually it arrives in a week. I would suggest calling IRCC and make sure they sent it and also check your neighbors’ mailboxes just to make sure

strikeharsh

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Is there any waiting time difference between inland interview (people have interview in canada somewhere in immigration office) and people land on airport?? I’m so worried because we already booked tickets at the end October. My inland interview was in July
I have heard rumors that inland interview receives Pr card faster than people landed in port of entry. I have no firm answer. But according to the timelines people posted in the thread. It takes a few days less than 2 months to receive Pr card if no photo requests. Depending on which day you landed, if u landed at the end of July, then most likely you will receive it card at end of September if no photo request

Grewal_bal

Aug 18, 2018
I have heard rumors that inland interview receives Pr card faster than people landed in port of entry. I have no firm answer. But according to the timelines people posted in the thread. It takes a few days less than 2 months to receive Pr card if no photo requests. Depending on which day you landed, if u landed at the end of July, then most likely you will receive it card at end of September if no photo request
My interview was on July 20... hopefully I’ll get Pr card before October because I booked tickets I also gave them photos on interview according to their dimensions.

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Is it normal?
Is it possible to leave Canada while waiting for the delivery of the PR card? I heard that they have installed a bio metric system at the airports and hence your exit will be detected by CIC and this might end up stalling the processing of your PR card. Is this true?

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
Is it possible to leave Canada while waiting for the delivery of the PR card? I heard that they have installed a bio metric system at the airports and hence your exit will be detected by CIC and this might end up stalling the processing of your PR card. Is this true?
I am not aware of any such news! If there is any such rule then CIC will definitely post on their website. Please check.
I came back to US in 2 days after landing. My application is approved. The process was smooth and fine so far. It looks like Canada Post is playing with me.

Reactions: kushagra452

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017

Is it normal?
So Today I got one package and I am all excited. I opened it and it was about my photo request, it was mailed on July 9th and received it today!!!!!!

then I am not sure long it will take to arrive my PR card.

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not aware of any such news! If there is any such rule then CIC will definitely post on their website. Please check.
I came back to US in 2 days after landing. My application is approved. The process was smooth and fine so far. It looks like Canada Post is playing with me.
OK thank you. There is nothing mentioned on the CIC website. Good to know that you were able to leave Canada in a span of just 2 days. I believe you must have given a local Canadian address where your PR will be delivered. Will a friend/family member then post your PR to your US address?

bbb1253

Dec 26, 2016
Saudi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
18-05-2017
Med's Done....
29-06-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2017
Guys who received their PR card,

how does the envelope look like? Does it have CIC logo or address on it?

l_p

Nov 21, 2017
I wasn't able to link my PR Car with the information I had however when I logged into my account and went into my Permanent Residency application it listed my COPR as having a "Status Updated Date" one day later then I landed and what was written on my COPR document.

I used this date instead and it was able to find the application and I could link it to my account. For anyone else that is having trouble it may be worth trying this.

Landed on the 10th of July and so hopefully I'll get my card in two or three weeks, nothing on my account at the moment.