+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Mont_Lover

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Glad, it worked. You can link all your dependent's PR Card Applications in your CIC account. I did it myself the same. I thought you're doing the same as well.
Not clear what you just did before linking them separately. Did you mean, all of your dependents had their own CIC account and linked their application there ?

I initially thought we have to link them separately with separate CIC account and did it... Now i have linked all under my account and seeing under my profile. At the same time they got unlinked from dependents account

Reactions: CANdreams

CANdreams

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
I landed on June 15th and I am not able to link my PR card application to my CIC account. Am I trying too early?I used an agent does that make a difference? Let me know. Thanks
You should be able to link ur PR card application. Do you have CIC account ? Did agent share details ? You can link to the same CIC account. Else you can try creating a CIC account and try link the card application.
I don't think it has anything to do with Agent, as he is out of picture and no role to play here.

clguy

Apr 7, 2017
You should be able to link ur PR card application. Do you have CIC account ? Did agent share details ? You can link to the same CIC account. Else you can try creating a CIC account and try link the card application.
I don't think it has anything to do with Agent, as he is out of picture and no role to play here.
Maybe I am entering the details incorrectly. Could you give a share a step by step process of what you did? I keep getting details doesn’t match. Thanks

Reactions: Rohit1213

gottome05

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sidney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-12-2016
Doc's Request.
04-04-2017
Nomination.....
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
09-03-2017
Med's Request
08-01-2018
Med's Done....
10-01-2018
Passport Req..
10-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2018
LANDED..........
22-05-2018

gottome05

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sidney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-12-2016
Doc's Request.
04-04-2017
Nomination.....
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
09-03-2017
Med's Request
08-01-2018
Med's Done....
10-01-2018
Passport Req..
10-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2018
LANDED..........
22-05-2018
My photos were delivered on June 7th. Today (6th July) my profile showed Updated. I logged off and when logged in again, it's gone back to Submitted. Hoping that it's normal to go back to Submitted. Appreciate any input you guys can provide.
You will see approved on Monday or Tuesday

ASAD1ASAD

Star Member
May 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JULY 2016
Doc's Request.
JULY 2016
Maybe I am entering the details incorrectly. Could you give a share a step by step process of what you did? I keep getting details doesn’t match. Thanks
Follow below steps only after you have landed. It gives only 5 attempts in one day.

1) Login to CIC account.
2) Go to section "Link an existing application to this account". Click on "Link application to this account" button.
3) Select category as PR Card
4) Select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
5) Fill required details (please make sure capital, small, comma etc.)
6) Provide landing date in "Date you became a permanent resident"
7) Click on search my application.
8) after application searched make sure you submit application else not linked.

However, for some people linking becomes impossible. This is primarily because people put their birth city not as per what is written in your passport. Birth city has to match exactly as in Passport including punctuation marks if any.

Once you have successfully linked your application it will shown you as "Submited" status and once it is ready for dispatch it will go into "Approved" status.

If you receive any photo request then it will not change any status. Regularly check PR card processing time on CIC website as photo request or PR card approval both come in last 5-10 days (i.e if processing time is 63 days then after 55 days you will be able to see some movement.)Hope it will work.

Reactions: clguy and AKHA

clguy

Apr 7, 2017
Follow below steps only after you have landed. It gives only 5 attempts in one day.

1) Login to CIC account.
2) Go to section "Link an existing application to this account". Click on "Link application to this account" button.
3) Select category as PR Card
4) Select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
5) Fill required details (please make sure capital, small, comma etc.)
6) Provide landing date in "Date you became a permanent resident"
7) Click on search my application.
8) after application searched make sure you submit application else not linked.

However, for some people linking becomes impossible. This is primarily because people put their birth city not as per what is written in your passport. Birth city has to match exactly as in Passport including punctuation marks if any.

Once you have successfully linked your application it will shown you as "Submited" status and once it is ready for dispatch it will go into "Approved" status.

If you receive any photo request then it will not change any status. Regularly check PR card processing time on CIC website as photo request or PR card approval both come in last 5-10 days (i.e if processing time is 63 days then after 55 days you will be able to see some movement.)Hope it will work.
It worked! Thank you so much for the detailed instructions. I was unable to add my child though. He has two extra digits in his UCI.

Last edited:

CANdreams

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
I had the same status message - 'Application/PRofile updated'. When i clicked, the status changed to 'submitted'. Any idea what's happening?
thanks
some people call it as ghost update. If everything goes fine, You will see another status update in 3-4 days, the application status gets changed to 'Approved', this time you would also receive an email from CIC about status change.

All the best.

Reactions: doverraja

doverraja

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
Singapore
App. Filed.......
28-11-2017
Doc's Request.
12-12-2017
Wow! That’s nice. Next it will get approved.
BTW , when and where did you land?
Landed on 23 May at Toronto
I am not sure when i did receive 'Application updated'. I just checked today the status.

Thanks

Reactions: AKHA

clguy

Apr 7, 2017
Hi Candreams,
Thanks for the response. I have entered place of birth same as in passport still no luck. My kids are US citizens and able to link one but not another.

This is how it's in Passport : CONNECTICUT, U.S.A.
I have the same issue with my child. How were you able to link one?