Calgary
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront March 30, 2017
My profile changed to updated and then back to submitted. What does this mean?

Syed2808

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
09-09-2017
AOR Received.
09-09-2017
Med's Done....
08-09-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2017
LANDED..........
22-05-2018

ics6600

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 24 , 2017
AOR Received.
March 5 , 2017
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
05-08-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
landed on March 28th

ghost update on June 27th ,

photo submitted on May 14th .

photo received on May 18th

Last edited:

Durango_xx

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-04-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2017
LANDED..........
26-03-2018
They are still working on photos they received on 14May.
I called up CIC for an update on my wife's application. After spending about 35 mins in queue, I finally got a chance to speak to an agent. All in all the info I received wasn't very helpful. The only thing the agent could tell me is that they are working on new photos received in the 2nd or 3rd week of May, and that the process slowed down due to the public holidays that occurred this month. The agent also said that it would take a little bit longer due to the upcoming public holidays i.e. Canada Day, and to not expect any progress for another 2-3 weeks ( I guess the agent was trying to be overly cautious).

There seems to be no logical pattern or sequence into the way the PR Card processing center handles the new photos received. It is evident that even those who had their photos received in the last week of May have had their applications updated / approved, whereas those who have sent in their new photos earlier have yet to see any update on their file.

Reactions: Vaneza nabeel

inameiname

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
I called up CIC for an update on my wife's application. After spending about 35 mins in queue, I finally got a chance to speak to an agent. All in all the info I received wasn't very helpful. The only thing the agent could tell me is that they are working on new photos received in the 2nd or 3rd week of May, and that the process slowed down due to the public holidays that occurred this month. The agent also said that it would take a little bit longer due to the upcoming public holidays i.e. Canada Day, and to not expect any progress for another 2-3 weeks ( I guess the agent was trying to be overly cautious).

There seems to be no logical pattern or sequence into the way the PR Card processing center handles the new photos received. It is evident that even those who had their photos received in the last week of May have had their applications updated / approved, whereas those who have sent in their new photos earlier have yet to see any update on their file.
Indeed. I suspect the reason every officer asked has a different story and timeline is mostly because every officer goes through different applications quicker or slower than others. Some have more complicated or erroneous applications than others, and some do not. Some are more picky than others, and some are not. And finally, when there are actual equipment errors, they can cause slowdowns for some more often than others. If you look at their processing times like any other trade or profession, these officers vary just as drastic with who they are, what applications they process, and how fast they do it, just as any mechanic or doctor deals with things in their respective fields.

That said, when examining the timelines of applicants in this thread, there is most definitely a pattern. Yes, some will get their applications approved faster, and some slower. Some will be required to submit new pictures, while others do not. But on average, there is certainly a pattern, and I am thankful people are willing to share their own timelines to improve this pattern and to provide an estimate on roughly when we should be anticipating our cards. If this thread was not around, I would be completely in the dark.

Last edited:

inameiname

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
My spouse’s PR card application was updated today to Approved. Mine has not yet been.

Landed: 05 April
Photo Re-submission Request: 22 May
Photos Received: 26/27 May
Applications updated (Ghost update): 26 June
Application Approved (Spouse only so far): 28 June

Hopefully mine will follow today.

xieyixy1231

Jun 9, 2016
My spouse’s PR card application was updated today to Approved. Mine has not yet been.

Landed: 05 April
Photo Re-submission Request: 22 May
Photos Received: 26/27 May
Applications updated (Ghost update): 26 June
Application Approved (Spouse only so far): 28 June

Hopefully mine will follow today.
I am the opposite. Mine is approved. My spouse's is still submitted. No photo request, photos were taken in Canada.

inameiname

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
I am the opposite. Mine is approved. My spouse's is still submitted. No photo request, photos were taken in Canada.
Hopefully they will get approved this afternoon. I saw the File Numbers between my spouse and I’s applications are a few numbers different. Since mine is the higher number, it could simply be they are processing those applicants in between first.