Med's Request
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
04-04-2017
Landed April 18, 2018
FSW-Inland
Status changed from Submitted to Updated on May 31

Fingers crossed for no photo requests!
Updated means that your card was sent to production, meaning that the photos were accepted.

Reactions: elbarto94

elbarto94

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TORONTO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-12-2017
LANDED..........
18-04-2018
Congratulations! A very good news indeed!! Is there any way we can call from outside Canada
If you search this thread for last couple of weeks posts, you'll see someone has shared a number - I remember seeing it

Jamming

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Weird things happened today..my wife got photo request one week back..we sent the photos last Saturday via regular post which would take one week at least...today I got an email and in mycic her card is approved..looks like for some reason they rechecked the photos and photos got accepted..not sure why they rejected in the first place..but no complain!!!:):):)
Hey I just got my daughter application approved as well today, I sent her new photo from May 4th, but it was updated last Thursday and then went back to submitted until today it showed up as approved.

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
Hey sorry guys I guess I got so dissapointed when I received the photo request email that I posted my last message saying that I had received a request and then just stopped checking the forum. I know some of you offered condolences (lol) so thank you and some asked a few questions so I'll try to answer everyone in one message.

So yes my landing date was 7th April in toronto. The offficer at the airport just kept 1 photo that was already attached to the COPR and returned the other one to me saying only 1 photo should be enough for them. At that time as a precaution, I was carrying another more recent set of pictures too but the officer insisted that the one photo attached already to the copr is fine and didnt take the new set of pictures from me. And then got photo request email on 24th May. No update on my cic account though (its been showing submitted ever since I linked). So anyway I sent them two new sets of photos taken from two different photo studios in Toronto yday (29th May) and now I'm waiting for the photos to be delivered.

They really need to clarify why they reject pictures. No one seems to know their reasons. It could be that pictures are more than 6 months old at the time of landing, it could be that they only accept pictures taken within canada or just that they are in the wrong dimensions. But there have been exceptions to all of the above cases too which were approved as stated by some ppl on this forum so that's why we actually have no clue what their reasons are. And even one of the photo studios I went to had the same complain that they dont know why some pictures are rejected when it comes to PR card processing centers cuz rhey dont clarify why.

Fingers crossed again.

I'm sorry that you got my photos rejected :( I was in the same boat. Landed on March 15th got my photo request May 1st and i was devastated... I also had travel booked which i gave myself an extra 3 weeks on top of the 58 days processing time :( So this made the rejection million times worse. I couldn't figure out why they would be when i went to a professional place and i made sure the lady double triple checked them that they were perfect!

So i have a theory and people can chime in if they think I'm crazy.... but due to high volume of PR cards getting produced has anyone thought they reject on purpose?
They have a pile say 100 applications a day they have to get through as their goal. If they 'Reject' say 10-20 of them they will be able to get through their pile and please their supervisors or something like that.... If that's even how it works, which i kinda hope its not but you never know with these people.

Even so.... this process is annoying even though i have landed and am a PR in Canada i STILL have to wait for this stupid piece of plastic and feel like this process is STILL going ugghhhhhh when will it end :(

striker87

Feb 22, 2017
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2017
LANDED..........
07-04-2018
I'm sorry that you got my photos rejected :( I was in the same boat. Landed on March 15th got my photo request May 1st and i was devastated... I also had travel booked which i gave myself an extra 3 weeks on top of the 58 days processing time :( So this made the rejection million times worse. I couldn't figure out why they would be when i went to a professional place and i made sure the lady double triple checked them that they were perfect!

So i have a theory and people can chime in if they think I'm crazy.... but due to high volume of PR cards getting produced has anyone thought they reject on purpose?
They have a pile say 100 applications a day they have to get through as their goal. If they 'Reject' say 10-20 of them they will be able to get through their pile and please their supervisors or something like that.... If that's even how it works, which i kinda hope its not but you never know with these people.

Even so.... this process is annoying even though i have landed and am a PR in Canada i STILL have to wait for this stupid piece of plastic and feel like this process is STILL going ugghhhhhh when will it end :(

Haha that is a crazy theory! It would be really unprofessional of them and they could get in serious trouble if they were actually doing that stuff. But we will never know.

Baahubali

May 18, 2017

I like the way you think :D maybe that is what is happening. I am thinking of slipping in a $100 bill inside the envelope next time I send photos so they won't reject them. ;)

Reactions: Emily89

AliChraim

Star Member
Apr 24, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Request
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
04-04-2017
Reactions: Phyline

z0mbie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Trying to track the date of approved applications.... Did anyone’s application status change to “Updated” today??? If so, when was your landing date?

CANdreams

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Create your own account on gckey then in link application choose PR card.

I used our UCI and Family name to link our account. Its case sensitive, I followed what is written on our passport.
Thanks much. I just followed what you did say and i could link my application.

ckbargavi

May 31, 2018
Landed on Apr 12th
Updated on May 25th - Sent to printing
Still not yet approved. Has anyone with the same details got approved ?

Thanks