+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

May 30, 2018
I think you're in the wrong group but you can track your application on ecas:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/viewcasehistory.do?id=5232107&type=prCases&source=db&app=&lang=en

Or by calling: 1-888-242-2100 (From inside Canada only).
Hi Vishal,

Did you get any update. I am in similar boat. I had submitted my application on Mar 12 and medical went through in a week. There has been no update since then. Any luck on your side. Where can we track this? Any lead is very much appreciated.

Thanks

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
thanks do u think they ll ask for photo now for my wife application ?
That's really debatable. But in most of the cases they request for photos if they are outdated at the time of PR card processing . If you guys got it clicked on the same day and they didn't ask for your then probably they won't ask for your wife.

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017

Hello All,

Any ideas why i'm neither able to link mine or dependent's application to CIC Account nor check its status. I have tried several times with different options. No luck :-(
I have landed here in Toronto on 18th May 2018 along with dependents. Has the process not begun ? is that the reason i'm not able to track?
The moment you are done with your first landing your PR card process is started. So weather you can link your application or not will not have any effect on PR card process. Generally it takes 58 days so I would suggest you to have patience and wait for at least those many days.

TIP: PLace of birth is a tricky column to fill. First try filling it as per the CoPR. It should be exactly the same as mentioned on it. use comma in the same place if any. This should work and if not then follow the one in Passport.

Good luck.

canada@2018

Star Member
May 7, 2017
Weird things happened today..my wife got photo request one week back..we sent the photos last Saturday via regular post which would take one week at least...today I got an email and in mycic her card is approved..looks like for some reason they rechecked the photos and photos got accepted..not sure why they rejected in the first place..but no complain!!!:):):)

Reactions: Wandering Mind

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
Weird things happened today..my wife got photo request one week back..we sent the photos last Saturday via regular post which would take one week at least...today I got an email and in mycic her card is approved..looks like for some reason they rechecked the photos and photos got accepted..not sure why they rejected in the first place..but no complain!!!:):):)
Great! Good for you.
Honestly I don't understand why they kept 6 months as a period for valid photo. A person won't change enough in a year.

Reactions: canada@2018

striker87

Feb 22, 2017
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2017
LANDED..........
07-04-2018
When did you land in Canada and did you get an update in your application before receiving the new photo request? Thanks.
Hey sorry guys I guess I got so dissapointed when I received the photo request email that I posted my last message saying that I had received a request and then just stopped checking the forum. I know some of you offered condolences (lol) so thank you and some asked a few questions so I'll try to answer everyone in one message.

So yes my landing date was 7th April in toronto. The offficer at the airport just kept 1 photo that was already attached to the COPR and returned the other one to me saying only 1 photo should be enough for them. At that time as a precaution, I was carrying another more recent set of pictures too but the officer insisted that the one photo attached already to the copr is fine and didnt take the new set of pictures from me. And then got photo request email on 24th May. No update on my cic account though (its been showing submitted ever since I linked). So anyway I sent them two new sets of photos taken from two different photo studios in Toronto yday (29th May) and now I'm waiting for the photos to be delivered.

They really need to clarify why they reject pictures. No one seems to know their reasons. It could be that pictures are more than 6 months old at the time of landing, it could be that they only accept pictures taken within canada or just that they are in the wrong dimensions. But there have been exceptions to all of the above cases too which were approved as stated by some ppl on this forum so that's why we actually have no clue what their reasons are. And even one of the photo studios I went to had the same complain that they dont know why some pictures are rejected when it comes to PR card processing centers cuz rhey dont clarify why.

Fingers crossed again.

Reactions: Emily89 and P K

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
q
Hey sorry guys I guess I got so dissapointed when I received the photo request email that I posted my last message saying that I had received a request and then just stopped checking the forum. I know some of you offered condolences (lol) so thank you and some asked a few questions so I'll try to answer everyone in one message.

So yes my landing date was 7th April in toronto. The offficer at the airport just kept 1 photo that was already attached to the COPR and returned the other one to me saying only 1 photo should be enough for them. At that time as a precaution, I was carrying another more recent set of pictures too but the officer insisted that the one photo attached already to the copr is fine and didnt take the new set of pictures from me. And then got photo request email on 24th May. No update on my cic account though (its been showing submitted ever since I linked). So anyway I sent them two new sets of photos taken from two different photo studios in Toronto yday (29th May) and now I'm waiting for the photos to be delivered.

They really need to clarify why they reject pictures. No one seems to know their reasons. It could be that pictures are more than 6 months old at the time of landing, it could be that they only accept pictures taken within canada or just that they are in the wrong dimensions. But there have been exceptions to all of the above cases too which were approved as stated by some ppl on this forum so that's why we actually have no clue what their reasons are. And even one of the photo studios I went to had the same complain that they dont know why some pictures are rejected when it comes to PR card processing centers cuz rhey dont clarify why.

Fingers crossed again.
#lamejokealert

They take commission from all these photo studios ... One of the ways to support Canadian economy.

Let me know if you have better explanation. :D

canada@2018

Star Member
May 7, 2017
Great! Good for you.
Honestly I don't understand why they kept 6 months as a period for valid photo. A person won't change enough in a year.
My wife photo was less than 6 months though...not sure why we got the letter for photo request..could be a system bug..I am just happy that she doesn’t have to wait another 2 months for her pr card!!!

Reactions: Wandering Mind

Home-manitoba

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
MPNP: May 2014
Nomination.....
Nov 13, 2015
AOR Received.
March 16, 2016
Med's Request
27/07/2017
Med's Done....
05/08/2017
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
12/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
@Home-manitoba , kindly explain the steps please.... Hope PR Card application and actual application are same...
Create your own account on gckey then in link application choose PR card.

I used our UCI and Family name to link our account. Its case sensitive, I followed what is written on our passport.

elbarto94

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TORONTO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-12-2017
LANDED..........