+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Sterphie

May 24, 2018
Not a success story but just to let you know that you're not alone - my photos have been rejected twice so far.

I'll send the third set early next week.

FYI, I landed in Canada 3 months ago.
Try sending at least two sets of photos taking from different places to increase your chances of not getting rejected

Reactions: Jakev

AliChraim

Star Member
Apr 24, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Request
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
04-04-2017
Thanks for the suggestion but I think I'll just send one set now and wait till I get rejected for the third time to send the fourth set :p
It's admirable that you're taking this in such a good spirit, I was very pissed when I got my rejection letter :p

Reactions: Wandering Mind

Home-manitoba

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
MPNP: May 2014
Nomination.....
Nov 13, 2015
AOR Received.
March 16, 2016
Med's Request
27/07/2017
Med's Done....
05/08/2017
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
12/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
For kids, they send a postal mail, in case of a photo request. The mail arrives at the address in Canada and may take a few days.
So for my kid, i will probably received a postal mail? I haven’t got any until now.

Can I send CIC new pictures without the mail,

kamalnba

Star Member
Oct 27, 2011
Thanks, Are you sending from Overseas? Have you linked the application in CIC account and what it shows?

For My wife and Daughter it still says Submitted same as mine but for them i haven't received any photo request.

Will it be good idea to send photos for them as well with the form. I am also planning to apply for PRTD for worst case scenario.

We are on the same boat. We also landed and return here in Dubai after our intial lnding

Me and my son got our PR card issued but my spouse and my daughter was still in submitted status.

My spouse received an email to re submit his photo but my daughter havent got any.

I am planning to send the photo for both of them and just attached an explanatory letter for my daughter.

GCMSBuddy

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Canada
So for my kid, i will probably received a postal mail? I haven’t got any until now.

Yes you may send the photos for the kid. IRCC ask to send the photo request letter with photos. If you send photos without the letter, it won't be accepted. So in case you do not get the letter, write your own letter with full name, date of birth and UCI number.

Leena_m

Aug 4, 2017
PR card question - I landed on Jan 8 at Vancouver, I got a request for new photos on feb 21. I assumed it would take another 56 day’s from mar 21 (since we’re given a month to submit it). So far no card.
I linked my card application to my cic profile and till last week the status was approved (but no message in the workflow), now the status has changed to submitted. I tried calling them but looks like the IVR options have changed and I couldn’t find the option to talk to an agent. I’ve raised a ticket, no response so far - it takes 10 days to respond, it’s been 5 so far). Any suggestions or advice? Now I’m starting to panic...

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
It's admirable that you're taking this in such a good spirit, I was very pissed when I got my rejection letter :p
Ha ha ha. I'm trying to remain calm because Canada immigration has been smooth sailing for me so far. Guess I'm finally getting the taste of the stress and frustration a lot of fellow immigrants have to go through ;)

What's your story - how many times were your photos rejected and what's your status now?

Reactions: AliChraim

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017

I received the physical letter in the post for my kid 10 days after my spouse and I got our email rejections.

However we sent our kid's photo before we received the physical rejection letter with a note of explanation and details like name, uci number, date of birth etc.

We still haven't heard back from CIC so we don't know if it worked or not.

Good luck.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
PR card question - I landed on Jan 8 at Vancouver, I got a request for new photos on feb 21. I assumed it would take another 56 day’s from mar 21 (since we’re given a month to submit it). So far no card.
I linked my card application to my cic profile and till last week the status was approved (but no message in the workflow), now the status has changed to submitted. I tried calling them but looks like the IVR options have changed and I couldn’t find the option to talk to an agent. I’ve raised a ticket, no response so far - it takes 10 days to respond, it’s been 5 so far). Any suggestions or advice? Now I’m starting to panic...
You're right about the IVR options being changed - I called them too last week but couldn't get the option to talk to an agent.

I didn't get any response to my web query either which I had sent on April 7 after I had sent my second set of photos. My second set was rejected on May 22 and I raised a web query again the same day but i haven't heard back from them.

Good luck.

AliChraim

Star Member
Apr 24, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Request
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
04-04-2017
Ha ha ha. I'm trying to remain calm because Canada immigration has been smooth sailing for me so far. Guess I'm finally getting the taste of the stress and frustration a lot of fellow immigrants have to go through ;)

What's your story - how many times were your photos rejected and what's your status now?
Haha I got rejected once, and now I'm waiting to see if my re-submitted photos were accepted (I forgot to write my name and DOB on the back of one of the pics).

Hopefully we'll both get good news sooner rather than later :)

Reactions: Wandering Mind

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Haha I got rejected once, and now I'm waiting to see if my re-submitted photos were accepted (I forgot to write my name and DOB on the back of one of the pics).

Hopefully we'll both get good news sooner rather than later :)
If I remember correctly, they only ask for name, DOB and photographer's stamp on one of the photos. So I guess you're OK.

Good luck to us :)

Reactions: AliChraim