+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

global_citizen_1

Apr 30, 2018
I landed 28th February
Photo resubmition 20 April
I called cic last week and I was told they're working on April 10th photo resubmition.
Called today again and I was told my photo was sent in for production.
That's good news @Sterphie , judging from that since my resubmitted photos reached them on May 7th, I can expect to hear something similar by 2nd week of June if all is good with the photos. Fingers crossed.

newhereaswell

Apr 5, 2018
Hello Friends,

I had my landing interview on Apr 06,2018 in Etobikoke. Still waiting on the PR card. No communication from CIC since then. Any idea when I could be receiving the card.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Uh oh! Do you really need the PR card right away? Otherwise look for other travel doc options if you are travelling. Hopefully some day they will start giving out their super secret reason for denial when people start complaining about their lousy process. Till then i will just defer my appln.
No, I don't need the PR card anytime soon. Like my friend @Karnesh says, I did a "hard landing and not a soft one" :p

However, I get asked to show my PR card at some places here in Canada - at organizations offering services to newcomers etc so I was thinking may be it is essential to have my PR card in my possession.

Tell me something - is the PR card only needed while traveling or does it have a larger purpose like proving my Permanent Residency?

Reactions: Karnesh

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hello Friends,

I had my landing interview on Apr 06,2018 in Etobikoke. Still waiting on the PR card. No communication from CIC since then. Any idea when I could be receiving the card.

Thanks a lot for your help.
The current timeline is 58 days since landing. But some of us got request for new photos since the ones we provided upon landing did not meet specifications. Good luck to you.

reify

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
I am planning to leave canada without PR card. I am going to spend a 9 months in india after arrival. When I can apply PRTD and it is easy to get. Very confused.
9 months is a lot of time. You will get your PR cards delivered in Canada and you can either have it couriered to India OR choose to apply for PRTD.
It takes a week to get PRTD from India(you can apply in any of the VFS offices).

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
No, I don't need the PR card anytime soon. Like my friend @Karnesh says, I did a "hard landing and not a soft one" :p

However, I get asked to show my PR card at some places here in Canada - at organizations offering services to newcomers etc so I was thinking may be it is essential to have my PR card in my possession.

Tell me something - is the PR card only needed while traveling or does it have a larger purpose like proving my Permanent Residency?
I think it is recommend to possess one as proof of residency but not required and you can get away by showing other docs like CoPR. But I would suggest having a PR card at some point in time at least when you apply for citizenship ( if at all).

Reactions: Wandering Mind

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
I think it is recommend to possess one as proof of residency but not required and you can get away by showing other docs like CoPR. But I would suggest having a PR card at some point in time at least when you apply for citizenship ( if at all).
Yes, I've been showing my CoPR in the absence of a PR card all these days.

I'll send my new photos early next week with the hope that I don't get a third rejection :rolleyes:

Good luck to you! Hope your problems with the PR Card end soon.

rcharmed

Oct 24, 2015
That's good news @Sterphie , judging from that since my resubmitted photos reached them on May 7th, I can expect to hear something similar by 2nd week of June if all is good with the photos. Fingers crossed.
WOW! That's amazing, I guess the ones who had to resubmit de photos are on a different waiting list. Mine were received on April 30th. I believe that next week I will get an update.

kamalnba

Star Member
Oct 27, 2011
Hi Experts,

I landed on 6th April 2018 with my Family (Wife+Daughter) and traveled back to Dubai after staying for a week. Yesterday I received email for Photo Re-submission my PR application number. I asked my friend (in Canada) to send the photos which he sent by Canada Ordinary Post without tracking number.

I feel Re submission request is because COPR photos were more than 6 months old. I have below questions, please help to ease the tension.

1. How we can check if photos have reached CIC or not, without tracking number?
2. There is no email for Spouse and Daughter Photo re-submission however their photos were more than 6 month old as well, Shall I send photos of my wife & Daughter with Suplementry identification Form or wait till i get email or letter on the address provided?
3. Shall I send the photos for me again by DHL Dubai to ensure atleast those can be tracked?
4. Would there be any problems sending photos from Overseas as I am not in the Canada physically now.
5. Shall I apply for PRTD and if yes, what reasons could be valid to ensure approval on PRTD.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Kamal Goswami

Sterphie

May 24, 2018
That's good news @Sterphie , judging from that since my resubmitted photos reached them on May 7th, I can expect to hear something similar by 2nd week of June if all is good with the photos.
Hi Experts,

I landed on 6th April 2018 with my Family (Wife+Daughter) and traveled back to Dubai after staying for a week. Yesterday I received email for Photo Re-submission my PR application number. I asked my friend (in Canada) to send the photos which he sent by Canada Ordinary Post without tracking number.

I feel Re submission request is because COPR photos were more than 6 months old. I have below questions, please help to ease the tension.

1. How we can check if photos have reached CIC or not, without tracking number?
2. There is no email for Spouse and Daughter Photo re-submission however their photos were more than 6 month old as well, Shall I send photos of my wife & Daughter with Suplementry identification Form or wait till i get email or letter on the address provided?
3. Shall I send the photos for me again by DHL Dubai to ensure atleast those can be tracked?
4. Would there be any problems sending photos from Overseas as I am not in the Canada physically now.
5. Shall I apply for PRTD and if yes, what reasons could be valid to ensure approval on PRTD.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Kamal Goswami
You can track your profile through "CHECK MY APPLICATION WITH YOUR UCI OR APPLICATION # "on the immigration website or MY CIC ACCOUNT. I believe you can sent your photos from overseas. for the PRTD am not sure