+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Bern Ambe

May 19, 2018
Were you able to link your pr card application to your mycic account? You will be able to track your pr card status there, you can link pr card of all applicants invidually there. If they need new photos, you will see that in your document section. If its approved, your approval section will say the same. Hope this helps and good luck!!!
We have been trying to link the PR card applications to CIC ACCOUNT without success. We have tried for all members of the family without success.

Just to know. At the time of application for PR card, they did not take any photo from us. Were we suppose to automatically provide a photo to them at the point? We simply

Bern Ambe

May 19, 2018
Were you able to link your pr card application to your mycic account? You will be able to track your pr card status there, you can link pr card of all applicants invidually there. If they need new photos, you will see that in your document section. If its approved, your approval section will say the same. Hope this helps and good luck!!!
We have been trying to link the PR card applications to CIC ACCOUNT without success. We have tried for all members of the family without success.

Just to know. At the time of application for PR card, they did not take any photo from us. Were we suppose to automatically provide a photo to them at the point? We simply filled forms and was given a piece of paper with our sin numbers.

canada@2018

Star Member
May 7, 2017

Just to know. At the time of application for PR card, they did not take any photo from us. Were we suppose to automatically provide a photo to them at the point? We simply filled forms and was given a piece of paper with our sin numbers.

When I landed with my wife, they took the CoPR which had the picture attached. That should be the photo that you are supposed to sumit to them, they don’t ask for any other photo. Do you remember if immigration took the CoPR copy with photo attached from you and your family when you landed? Also I am not sure what you mean by filled out forms and got your sin, you get your sin from service ontario, not from immigration. You may have got your sin in the toronto airport right after immigration, but its from different authority and has nothing to do with your pr card.

Bern Ambe

May 19, 2018
When I landed with my wife, they took the CoPR which had the picture attached. That should be the photo that you are supposed to sumit to them, they don’t ask for any other photo. Do you remember if immigration took the CoPR copy with photo attached from you and your family when you landed? Also I am not sure what you mean by filled out forms and got your sin, you get your sin from service ontario, not from immigration. You may have got your sin in the toronto airport right after immigration, but its from different authority and has nothing to do with your pr card.
Hi All.
Thanks for that. I seem to be confused. When we landed at the point of entry, they took our CoPR (handed over the envelop as was delivered to us after our OR was approved. I can't quite remember if it had photos attached to it). Unforunately, it was a Saturday and the section for PR card application was closed. So we could not apply for the cards at the airport.

On the 12th of February, we went to service Canada in Scorobough and applied for our PR card. The officer requested for a signed COPR (no photo attached) and our passport copies. At the end of the application, the officer gave us a piece of paper with our SIN number stated on it. He assured us that our PR cards will be mailed to the given address.

Are you saying the process for PR card application is different from SIN application for newcomers?.

Thank You,
Bernadette

Bern Ambe

May 19, 2018
Hi All,

Please can someone help me with the photo specifications for the PR cards? How many photos per person is required?

Also, since we have not receive any email or mail for photo request, can someone guide me how on to compose a letter for each family member which will go with the photos? My kids are 6 years 1month and 2 years 1months old.

And lastly, the address to send the photos with the letter. Which address should I use? I am outside Canada. Can dhl deliver it to them or i need to send a relative to deliver? We initially applied for PR cards at Scoborough (Service Canada).

canada@2018

Star Member
May 7, 2017
Hi All.
Thanks for that. I seem to be confused. When we landed at the point of entry, they took our CoPR (handed over the envelop as was delivered to us after our OR was approved. I can't quite remember if it had photos attached to it). Unforunately, it was a Saturday and the section for PR card application was closed. So we could not apply for the cards at the airport.

On the 12th of February, we went to service Canada in Scorobough and applied for our PR card. The officer requested for a signed COPR (no photo attached) and our passport copies. At the end of the application, the officer gave us a piece of paper with our SIN number stated on it. He assured us that our PR cards will be mailed to the given address.

Are you saying the process for PR card application is different from SIN application for newcomers?.

Thank You,
Bernadette
Hey Bernadette,

The PR card application is part of your landing, when you land and give your canadian address to the immigration officer, the PR card process automatically kicks off and normally people receive their pr card within 2 months. But sounds like where you landed ( may be a smaller airport?), they didn’t have 24 hours immigration officers who take care of PR card application as part of landing. Probaby thats why you had to visit a service ontario for pr card application, in most of the cases people don’t have to visit service ontario for PR card, I visited service ontario for my sin and health insurance card.

Process for getting SIN is different from PR card, SIN is your social insurance number which is needed by your employer and many other things like availing social security from the government.

If you are not able to link your pr card application to mycic, you can call them to know the status, they normally send photo request letter to the address you provided. So keep any eye on your mailbox.

reify

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
If they need new photos, you will see that in your document section.
Could you please elaborate on what we will see in document section in case of new photo request? Do you mean this section in CIC account "Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents."?

canada@2018

Star Member
May 7, 2017
Could you please elaborate on what we will see in document section in case of new photo request? Do you mean this section in CIC account "Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents."?
Yes thats the section, it should say something like additional documents needed from you to process your application. You also should get a downloadable letter with the photo request in mycic. I am still waiting for my pr card and I hope I don’t get anything in this section.

Last edited:
Reactions: reify

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Yes it is. What sucks most is that you don't know what's wrong with your photos without which there is no point in sending new photos again n again. That's why I will be applying for travel doc when I decide to travel.
Exactly! The least they can do is spell out what's wrong with the photos so we can keep that in mind while retaking new photos!

On a related note, we had our photos retaken at a professional photo studio which claimed that their photos are never rejected. They even offered to retake the photos for free if they were rejected!

Anyway, good luck to you. Hope your woes are over soon.

iPunjabi

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
London, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-10-2017
Passport Req..
01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2018
LANDED..........
07-04-2018
Place of Birth is playing trick... Type exactly the way it is on your COPR. if there is comma use it at the same place. Good luck!
Yes, I am trying with comma, without comma, All Small, All Caps, First Capital lol no luck man

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
Exactly! The least they can do is spell out what's wrong with the photos so we can keep that in mind while retaking new photos!

On a related note, we had our photos retaken at a professional photo studio which claimed that their photos are never rejected. They even offered to retake the photos for free if they were rejected!

Anyway, good luck to you. Hope your woes are over soon.
Good luck to you too. I am not playing this game any more. I will apply for travel doc later..

reify

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Yes, I am trying with comma, without comma, All Small, All Caps, First Capital lol no luck man
I have faced the same issue. Landed on Apr 5 and multiple attempts till Apr 24 were failing.
Try do an exact copy(including punctuation) of birth place from passport and keep trying 3-4 times in a week. You will be able to link eventually :)

comeafteralone

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
Approved on 18th May. (Landed Apr 1st)
Still at Submitted for dependent...
I landed on April 1st as well. My application changed from Submitted to Updated and now back to Submitted.

Does anyone know whether or not this means that card is in production and no need for photo resubmission? Am I safe yet....?