Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

z0mbie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Hi me again...

Has anyone called CIC to get a proof document to allow to travel?
@maissom mentioned it and was wondering if anyone has tried to go down that road? and their experiences.
Thanks in advance!
I recently travelled to Canada via land port of entry. I did have the PRTD but the officer did not understand what it was. He kept asking me COPR from my landing. Luckily I had the COPR with me.

reify

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
I got pr and I had representative.
can I still link the timeline for pr card with my cic?
anyone linked even they had a representative?
Yes, I have created a new account now and linked PR card as well as the old express entry application which was earlier created by my representative.

lw03070

Jan 8, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Request
08-01-2018
Med's Done....
11-01-2018
Passport Req..
13-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2018
LANDED..........
05-04-2018
Any idea, how the PR card communication(just in case new photo request) happens in this case, will we be getting emails to the newly linked email id or the old representative email id.
I happen to call the call center this moring, when that guy repeated all my information in system, the email address he mentioned is still my representative's email, so i guess they will contact you by using old email if they need to.

Reactions: reify

GCMSBuddy

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Canada
Hi guys,

I have received request to send new photos today. I do not understand what went wrong in the first place. Can someone please throw light on possible reasons? I do not want to repeat the same mistake again.
There are 2 major reasons for the photo rejections, first is photo not as per the specifications and other being photo older than 6 months.

We at GCMSBuddy help people with their photo requests as we know the exact requirements and can guarantee that the photos will not be rejected by IRCC. If required assistance with the photo request, kindly visit the following link:
https://www.gcmsbuddy.com/other-services/

sing.nb

Jul 18, 2017
There are 2 major reasons for the photo rejections, first is photo not as per the specifications and other being photo older than 6 months.

We at GCMSBuddy help people with their photo requests as we know the exact requirements and can guarantee that the photos will not be rejected by IRCC. If required assistance with the photo request, kindly visit the following link:
https://www.gcmsbuddy.com/other-services/
Another Reason could be some people stamp both pictures. You only have to Stamp one picture !!!

ns082t

May 26, 2016
Another Reason could be some people stamp both pictures. You only have to Stamp one picture !!!
My photographer stamps on both the picture and I printed my name and DOB on both. Do you have any reference where it says only one picture should be stamped??

sing.nb

Jul 18, 2017
Update:

Landing done on March 20, 2018 at Cornwall, On Land Border.
PR Card linked : April 25, 2018 (Wasnt able to link before)
PR Card Application Approved today (May 3, 2018).
Waiting for card to be mailed.

sam9589

Aug 7, 2017
AOR Received.
08/08/2017
Med's Done....
31/08/2017
Passport Req..
17/10/2017
Hello,
Reading all the posts about "request to re-send the photos and the delays in processing PR cards." I got few questions which I wanted to clear before landing.
1. Do I need to submit the same photos while landing (applying PR), which I submitted for the COPR?
2. If they can be different, can I take latest photos with accurate dimensions etc. and submit them while landing/applying PR?
3. Photos re-send request comes because the dimensions doesn't match with the standards or because of the photos being older than 6 months?

Last edited:

reify

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
This scare me again.... I re-submitted my photos with the stamp on both. ....
Writing on the back of two photos should not be a problem..

It says one photo must include. I do not see anywhere that, you should write only on one photo..

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
I recently travelled to Canada via land port of entry. I did have the PRTD but the officer did not understand what it was. He kept asking me COPR from my landing. Luckily I had the COPR with me.
Via Land... PRTD is not applicable. COPR is required if one does not have PR card.