+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

testtrav2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
March 11: Landed in YVR Airport. I was able to link to myCIC the same day. Status started with "submitted".
April 20: I checked myCIC this afternoon. The status changed to "Updated". But by checking the status and messages, nothing had changed.

April 20 EVENING: I logged into myCIC again. The status changed back from "Updated" to "Submitted".

Was it a glitch :)
you should see it approved next week

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Don't trust them when they say they are processing photos for this particular date. I have seen people later than march 20 photo delivery getting approved. So the photos are not really sorted by date.
I've realised that the customer service agents don't give correct information all the time. Sometimes without even checking they say everything is alright with your application. Only when you persist do they bother to check properly and give you the information you need.

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
I've realised that the customer service agents don't give correct information all the time. Sometimes without even checking they say everything is alright with your application. Only when you persist do they bother to check properly and give you the information you need.
Yes but unfortunately calling is comparatively the fastest way of knowing status of your appln. Web enquiry takes a week to get response and online status is unreliable. I wouldn't have worried so much about my PR card but I have made arrangements for receival.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

RezJ

Jan 13, 2017
Hi Everyone. I don't normally post here, but I thought that giving my timeline would probably help others that arrived around the same time I did. I was unable to link my account at all after landing, so I had no idea when the card would arrive or when it was mailed. Therefore, those of you who cannot link your accounts, please do not take this as a sign that your card is not being processed, because in my case I received my card although I could not link the account or track the process.

My timeline
Landed: February 27th, 2018 at Toronto Pearson International Airport
PR card despatched: Do not know, but assuming around April 17th/18th
PR card received: April 20th, 2018 (checked everyday for the past week, and finally yesterday afternoon, the card was in the mailbox)

I hope that this helps those of you who landed in Toronto around the same time I did and cannot link your account. I am thinking the card would have arrived a bit sooner, but the ice storm last weekend may have slowed the delivery process a bit.

I wish you all the best!

RezJ

Jan 13, 2017
Anyone who landed in Toronto in last week Feb or later and already received PR card?
I landed in Toronto on Feb 27th and received my card yesterday April 20th. Give them a few more days I think you will get your card very soon. The bad weather last week may have slowed the delivery process.

Jamming

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
I landed with my wife and two kids in March 4th, receive PR card for myself, wife and one kid. But for our youngest, her status as not even been updated to approval as yet like the other three status. Any one with a similar issues and what to do ?

LittleHuang

Star Member
May 12, 2016
I landed with my wife and two kids in March 4th, receive PR card for myself, wife and one kid. But for our youngest, her status as not even been updated to approval as yet like the other three status. Any one with a similar issues and what to do ?
I landed on April 3rd, and I guess will receive cards in 1 month.

lw03070

Jan 8, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Request
08-01-2018
Med's Done....
11-01-2018
Passport Req..
13-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2018
LANDED..........
05-04-2018

jagadishgandhi

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Below is the response from IRCC to my query through IRCC Web form. Apparently, we are not supposed to try linking initial PR Card application to the online account.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

While we are working on improving our online services for future releases, we kindly ask you that you avoid trying to link your initial Permanent Resident (PR) card application to an online account as this service is intended for clients who wish to link their application to replace or renew a PR card. Also, due to a system limitation, the status of your first card is not available through the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online service.

However, we verified the information on file and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with the PR card application. It is still within the regular processing times.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Pune210682

Sep 7, 2017
Where did u land?

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Yes but unfortunately calling is comparatively the fastest way of knowing status of your appln. Web enquiry takes a week to get response and online status is unreliable. I wouldn't have worried so much about my PR card but I have made arrangements for receival.
You're right - calling is faster. The only reason I was worried was because both my spouse and I got emails saying that if we don't send new photos in 30 days the pr card application will be canceled and we'll have to apply again; but there was nothing sent for our kid.

I raised a web enquiry immediately and didn't get a reply till date. But thanks to the advice on this thread I called and got it all sorted. And a week after I sent new photos for my child we received a physical letter in the post asking for new photos ;)

Good luck with your PR card. Hope you receive it at the earliest.

Reactions: Baahubali

Pune210682

Sep 7, 2017
Today after 41 days of landing I was finally able to link my PR card application. It's showing status as 'approved' for all of us. Hope that means no possibility of getting a photo request now.
Date of last status change is 12th April,. Does the status ever change to 'dispatched'? What is the next expected status?