+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Ravi_GY

Jul 21, 2017
App. Filed.......
09-3016
Hello friends,

I landed on Jan 1st 2018. My PR card application in the CIC account's status changed to "Approved" on Feb 19th. But I have still not received the PR card. The address I gave on landing is in Toronto, ON. Is this delay normal? Does anyone know the CIC number I can call from US to check if the card has been mailed yet?

Thank you.
1888-242-2100

Atacan

Feb 27, 2018
hello all,

Landed on Dec 7th Vancouver Point Roberts, called CIC they told me that they mailed out my card on Jan 30th until today there is no sign of my card yet. waiting until March 13th so that they can tell me if it's been returned to them or lost.

Anyone has experienced or know anything about this kinda situation?

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
I didn't track so closely. I opened today after a week just to see that it was approved today.

In my opinion, that doesn't indicate meaningful. Because I and my kid have this as final status - "The additional documents you provided have been uploaded." while my spouse has the status that you mentioned. If you want to believe that it works for your personal satisfaction, you could do so, but it definitely means nothing at all! :)
It does mean something, both status: "The additional documents you provided have been uploaded" and "The additional documents you provided are being reviewed" mean that they are working on your file and are about to either approve your card or ask for new photographs,in my case I got a request to submit new photographs 4 days after my status changd to "The additional documents you provided are being reviewed"

immihelp_6565

Jan 5, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I am bit confused about the whole process of 1st time PR card. I finished my landing at fort-Erie bridge on Jan 23rd 2018. I didnt receive any mail or email to send photos until now. At the same time, whenever I try to access information about my pr card application either thru CIC - my application status or CIC login and then try to link my application to my cic profile - both provide the same result - we are unable to locate your file. When I called CIC they said - we received your landing papers and processing your PR card, everything is fine.

Should I do anything different?

Aren't photos requested for everyone?
Should I wait until the processing time - 58 days - then escalate it?

Any suggestions?

My timeline:

File submitted: 8th Sep 2017
PPR: Dec 20th
Passport sent: Dec 21
Passport received by ottawa: Dec 22
Passport returned: Today: Jan 22
Landing done : Jan 23rd 2018

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I am bit confused about the whole process of 1st time PR card. I finished my landing at fort-Erie bridge on Jan 23rd 2018. I didnt receive any mail or email to send photos until now. At the same time, whenever I try to access information about my pr card application either thru CIC - my application status or CIC login and then try to link my application to my cic profile - both provide the same result - we are unable to locate your file. When I called CIC they said - we received your landing papers and processing your PR card, everything is fine.

Any suggestions?

My timeline:

It's better if you link your PR card application to you CIC account so that you don't have to call them every time to check status. Use UCI number and your name to link it.

prisai90

Mar 2, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey , so I called CIC today and it turns out there was a photo request sent to me but I didn't receive it in my mail ...so the agent resent it after we talked .....there is no change in my online status .....additional docs still says "we do not need"...no msg in the account too.

My timeline
Landed on 19 Jan 2018 in Pearson airport Toronto
Updated address on 24 Jan via case specific enquiry/ webform

Photo request- today

Address was updated on same day when I send webform ...agent confirmed it by telling me my address and postal code .

I hope this info is helpful to people who are still waiting

aircanada

May 27, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Any suggestions?

My timeline:

So what other answer are you looking for?

Ypm32

Jan 5, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Any suggestions?

My timeline:

I have the same Landing date as you, Jan 23 and I just got an email from them with a photo request! Unfortunately by the way, because I have to travel outside of Canada on March 30th and I'm sure I will not get this card until this date :(

NASBD

Aug 31, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NOVA SCOTIA
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
PNP-12FEB,2016,. CIC- 10 MAY,2016
Nomination.....
14 APRIL,2016
AOR Received.
18 JULY, 2016
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION.
Med's Request
2 MAY, 2017
Med's Done....
12 MAY,2017( PASSED)
Passport Req..
NOV 8, 2017
Landed Jan 27,2018.
Not approved yet.
My cic: we don't need additional documents.
No photo request either.
Any one similar timeline waiting for approval or RECEIVED photo request.

Canim5555

Jul 8, 2017
Landed Jan 27,2018.
Not approved yet.
My cic: we don't need additional documents.
No photo request either.
Any one similar timeline waiting for approval or RECEIVED photo request.

Got approved today
Landed 28 jan,2018
1000 island border

apurvgaurav

Apr 28, 2016
Hi Guys..

Need some guidance here on my case.

Me and my wife landed at Toronto Pearson Airport - 25th Jan, 2018.
I gave my colleagues address who stays in canada during our landing for the PR card.
We returned back to India on - 1st Feb, 2018.

I received an email hour back for new photos - 07th March, 2018.

I have only received the email till now, and there has been no update/email for my wife's application.
I am currently in India. How do I send them the photographs ? Courier(Fedex) ? or Govt. post ?
Is it fine, if I send them the photos from outside canada ? Please help with your experience and suggestions.

immihelp_6565

Jan 5, 2018
Sorry Guys,

Even though I am confused until now. Best day for now, just checked my mail box and found my "PR CARD" :):):). So happy... no more stress.

Hello Everyone,

Any suggestions?

My timeline:

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
Got photo request today. Landed 29th Jan. Do they send photo requests to everybody by default? Not sure what's wrong with my photo. Even if I take new photos they are going to look pretty much same specification wise. Duh!