Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Landed at Lewiston–Queenston Bridge -11/11/2017
Photo resent request - 01/03/2018
Photos sent - 01/11/2018
Photos delivered to CIC - 01/17/2018
Status changed to " The additional documents you provided have been uploaded" - 02/06/2018
Status updated to "Approved" -02/12/2018
Card received around 02/20/2018 (Mississauga)

Wish you all the best for everyone who is waiting
One quick question.. which courier service are you using/ planning to use to send the cards from Canada to US? Are you sending the label to your friend/family or they are sending it by themselves?

nqtri

Feb 23, 2017
I'm quite concerned now. Do I have to send in a separate PR card application after landing? I did my landing at the border and the officer told me PR card would arrive in 6 weeks. But from what I read here it looks like I have to apply for it?

sureshgrs

Mar 23, 2017
I'm quite concerned now. Do I have to send in a separate PR card application after landing? I did my landing at the border and the officer told me PR card would arrive in 6 weeks. But from what I read here it looks like I have to apply for it?
No! You need not do any separate application for the PR card. It will be processed automatically after landing.
For tracking purposes, you can link your PR card application (initiated automatically when you landed) to your CIC account using the option "Link an existing application to this account" in your CIC account.

hikodna

Jan 3, 2017
Hello! Do you have any updates about your PR card?
Finally got it approved with the photos I took at Costco!
But they tried to make me nuts during the proccess:

09/24/17 - Landed.
11/15/17 - New photos requested. (got the formal letter saying it)
12/04/17 - 2nd set of photos received by IRCC. (Pro Passport Toronto photos)
01/26/18 - Photos rejected 2nd time. (got to know by calling IRCC - didn't receive the formal letter)
02/12/18 - 3rd set of photos received by IRCC. (Costco Wholesale Toronto photos)
02/23/18 - My representative got a letter from IRCC saying my photos were rejected, and giving me 180 days to send new photos (which is odd). Since I was following this topic and they hadn't reach the Feb 12th date I called IRCC, the agent found conflicting information on my profile, meaning it had the letter but also an approved status. The agent sent a note to the Case Processing Center to get clarification. (most likely this letter was for the 2nd rejection).
02/27/18 - Called IRCC again, got confirmation that my photos were good, nothing else to do, just wait for the card.
02/28/18 - Checked mycic and saw the status update:
Final decision Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

There were no messages to read besides that, so now I'll just wait for my card :)

Thank you all for the status, comments, hints, it was really helpful and less painful to see that more people were in the same situation.
Hope you get your cards soon!

Reactions: Leo369

Cell

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Landed on January 5th. PR cards approved February 20. Received them on February 27.
Mine got approved on the 20th as well. Can I ask you where do you live? it may likely take more time for me, as I'm in BC.

Cell

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
I gave my friend's address. Brampton,ON.
Thanks for the information. If they send them from Ottawa, I guess it takes much less to get to somewhere else in the same province rather than on the other side of the country. I will wait a few more days. Thanks!

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Thanks for the information. If they send them from Ottawa, I guess it takes much less to get to somewhere else in the same province rather than on the other side of the country. I will wait a few more days. Thanks!
No problem. PR cards are generally processed and sent from CPC Sydney, NS.

Reactions: Cell

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Got it. Literally the other side of the country!!!:eek:
Congrats:)
what does your additional documents status currently??
and also in pr application, did you get new documnent status for COPR with landing date as status updated date?

Cell

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Congrats:)
what does your additional documents status currently??
and also in pr application, did you get new documnent status for COPR with landing date as status updated date?
Sorry for the ambiguous message. I didn't mean to say that I got the card. Not yet.

The status for my documents is: "We do not need additional documents". When the card got approved, the message was different and misleading, maybe it was something like "additional documents are being reviewed". I read on the forum this is pretty common.

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Sorry for the ambiguous message. I didn't mean to say that I got the card. Not yet.

The status for my documents is: "We do not need additional documents". When the card got approved, the message was different and misleading, maybe it was something like "additional documents are being reviewed". I read on the forum this is pretty common.
Thanks
my one changed from we do not need to has been uploaded then changed again on monday to we do not need documents and also COPR information came along in document tab with landing date as status updated date
waiting for approval...landed on 25th jan

gia119

Dec 5, 2017
For those who get photo requests, on the request email/paper, are you asked to send new photos only or to also submit another copy of CoPR (IMM5688)??? I doubt they have received my landing paper..thats why i have send it again?