+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

aydogan

Nov 1, 2017
Just received e-mails from CIC and checked my account. The system says "Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details."
Even though there is no message below, I believe we will receive the PR Cards soon.

Landed: October 12
PR Card photos requested: Nov 30
New photos sent: Dec 12
PR Cards approved: Jan 31
PR card received: Not yet. We will see.
PR Card received: Feb 03.

Our friend received the cards to his Canada address and sent us to Istanbul via DHL.
We received the cards without any problem.

EhhCanada

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
where have you had your picture taken in the first place? Was there anything wrong with it that you know of? I just did the landing process and I had my picture taken in London Drug-mart. Little worried about the picture.
We have taken our pictures from CVS first time and we have written all the information ourselves on the back of the photo second time we got the pictures taken in the studio and the studio information is stamped on the back of the picture not sure if that causes any difference but as far as I can see that's the only difference

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
After how many days of applying for PR card do you get a new photo request if at all? I am doubtful if my photo will be approved for PR card. So after how many days can i feel safe that my photo was approved? Also I have linked my PR card application to my cic account. When can I expect some updates on It?
Thanks.

ragaji

Apr 9, 2017
Hi guys,

I have a question - I did a soft landing on 26 Dec 2017 and gave my friend's local address in Toronto. I returned to Mumbai a week later. Today I received a photo request from Case Processing Centre. Since I'm in Mumbai right now, would it be an issue if I sent my photos directly from here? Would they consider this as a conflict as it won't match the address on file?

I'm not really sure what I should do. And I didn't use any attorney/agent for my application.

Thanks.

x.75

Jul 17, 2016
Hi guys,

I have a question - I did a soft landing on 26 Dec 2017 and gave my friend's local address in Toronto. I returned to Mumbai a week later. Today I received a photo request from Case Processing Centre. Since I'm in Mumbai right now, would it be an issue if I sent my photos directly from here? Would they consider this as a conflict as it won't match the address on file?

I'm not really sure what I should do. And I didn't use any attorney/agent for my application.

Thanks.
I was in similar situation as yours.
I sent photos to them from Ghaziabad, U.P. using EMS Speedpost, which reached in 15 days and my card was approved in 30 days after that.
So, no worries. Many people doing soft landing get photo request.

Reactions: ragaji

YANP

Star Member
Oct 3, 2015
Hi guys,

Thanks.
Good day

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The Case Processing Centre requires that you provide new photos, therefore we invite you to:

• Resend two new photos according to the photo specifications, and
  • Include:
    • if available, the letter/email received to this effect, or
    • an explanation letter (including the complete name, date of birth and UCI).

Where to send them?

By regular mail:

New permanent residents:

Case Processing Centre - PRC
P.O. Box 4500
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 6L1

If you would like to have proof that the new photos were received, you may use registered or express mail with Canada Post or a courier service such as Purolator, UPS, FedEx, etc. Please instruct the courier service to use this address:

49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

XXX
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

x.75

Jul 17, 2016
PR Card received: Feb 03.

Our friend received the cards to his Canada address and sent us to Istanbul via DHL.
We received the cards without any problem.
What did your friend declare while sending via DHL. Did he mention the content as PR Cards or just documents.
I have heard that courier service don't accept the shipment or charge extra if you say its PR Cards. How much did they charge ?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Varun500

ragaji

Apr 9, 2017
I was in similar situation as yours.
I sent photos to them from Ghaziabad, U.P. using EMS Speedpost, which reached in 15 days and my card was approved in 30 days after that.
So, no worries. Many people doing soft landing get photo request.
Ok that's good to know. Got really worried about it. Thanks a lot!

ragaji

Apr 9, 2017
Good day

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The Case Processing Centre requires that you provide new photos, therefore we invite you to:

• Resend two new photos according to the photo specifications, and
  • Include:
    • if available, the letter/email received to this effect, or
    • an explanation letter (including the complete name, date of birth and UCI).

Where to send them?

By regular mail:

New permanent residents:

P.O. Box 4500
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 6L1

If you would like to have proof that the new photos were received, you may use registered or express mail with Canada Post or a courier service such as Purolator, UPS, FedEx, etc. Please instruct the courier service to use this address:

49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

XXX
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
www.cic.gc.ca
Yes, the letter I got was very similar to this, except they didn't ask for any explanation letter to be sent along with the photos. Just says attach this letter with the photos. And the processing centre has a Nova Scotia address.

YANP

Star Member
Oct 3, 2015
Yes, the letter I got was very similar to this, except they didn't ask for any explanation letter to be sent along with the photos. Just says attach this letter with the photos. And the processing centre has a Nova Scotia address.
I wanted to highlight the courier address if you want to send the photos directly to them.

This was a reply to a Case Specific enquiry.

Reactions: x.75

ragaji

Apr 9, 2017
I wanted to highlight the courier address if you want to send the photos directly to them.

This was a reply to a Case Specific enquiry.
Oh thanks for pointing that out. I was thinking of using either FedEx or DHL. So I should send the photos to the second address?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Guys do they process PR cards by the date of landing or by the date on which application was received? We landed on 5th January, but the officer didn't let us submit the application during landing. So I called CIC and updated the address at the end of the January. Which date would be considered for processing?