Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
Category........
CEC
Passport Req..
15/10/2017
LANDED..........
17/11/2017
Hi guys, I have my COPR and immigrant single entry visa, and live in the US. I want to soft land next month, by driving into Toronto. My question is, if I need to appear for a job interview after my first entry, will I need to wait till my PR card is issued or can I enter with COPR again? I have heard from a friend who has driven into Canada twice (one for soft landing and second permanent), that it is ok to drive into Canada the 2nd time without a PR card, but you can't fly into the country. Can someone please confirm? Need this information urgently, if possible.
Well I drove to States every second week with my COPR never any issue. But yes you can;t enter Canada thru any flight.
COPR is good and act as a PR card when you are going or coming back to Canada by private car.

Reactions: pratee1234

pratee1234

Jul 19, 2017
Well I drove to States every second week with my COPR never any issue. But yes you can;t enter Canada thru any flight.
COPR is good and act as a PR card when you are going or coming back to Canada by private car.
Thanks. I posted a few more questions in the landing topic, but would highly appreciate if you could answer them -

1) Our COPR says that our destination is Toronto, but can we enter through the Washington State - BC border?
2) What are all the documents we need while entering for the first time?
3) In order to provide address for PR card delivery, we will obviously have to use a friend's address. That shouldn't be an issue, I presume, since lots of folks do it, but just want to confirm.

kirribilliCN

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Thanks. I posted a few more questions in the landing topic, but would highly appreciate if you could answer them -

1) Our COPR says that our destination is Toronto, but can we enter through the Washington State - BC border?
2) What are all the documents we need while entering for the first time?
3) In order to provide address for PR card delivery, we will obviously have to use a friend's address. That shouldn't be an issue, I presume, since lots of folks do it, but just want to confirm.
1 -- No problem there, anywhere except for Quebec is ok for first time landing unless you a Quebec Provincial nomination you cannot land in Quebec

2 -- Passport, COPR, Goods to follow, Goods accompanying form is what you need. Search on this forum and you will find a lot of threads providing a great detail

3 -- Yes, give your friend's address

Reactions: pratee1234

hikodna

Jan 3, 2017
Based on # of likes of this post... each one of us tracking photo reprocess date should call CIC by taking turns...every few days.

Also... what is everyone's photo received date by CIC?

Mine is Jan 2nd.
I agree. I am trying to call once a week on Tuesday, my advisor mentioned Monday's are usually the busiest.

My photos were received on Dec 4th, and my wife's Jan 2nd , so we have two dates to look for.

Reactions: Canicule

Canicule

Jun 29, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
I called just now and they said they are working on Nov 30th photos
Thanks a million!
On Jan5th they worked on Nov 3.. in almost 20days they covered November, so I guess I should expect my card by end of February.
First photo received on Dec 12, then I realized I forgot to write down my date of birth on back side of photo... send a new one without waiting them requesting, second envelopes delivered Dec 17th.

Last edited:

corolla110

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My PR card got approved last friday. But still I did not received my PR card. Starting to worry a bit. How long does it take to arrive to our mailbox?
I live in Vancouver.

Lynn

Sep 2, 2008
they asked you to submit photo three times why?
1st time photo was incorrect: received email
2nd time photo was incorrect: didn't receive email, learnt by calling
3rd time photo was good, seems they sent the email for the 2nd time

Confusing! But now all is good, cards received already.

Reactions: YANP

Atlast

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Hi guys, I have my COPR and immigrant single entry visa, and live in the US. I want to soft land next month, by driving into Toronto. My question is, if I need to appear for a job interview after my first entry, will I need to wait till my PR card is issued or can I enter with COPR again? I have heard from a friend who has driven into Canada twice (one for soft landing and second permanent), that it is ok to drive into Canada the 2nd time without a PR card, but you can't fly into the country. Can someone please confirm? Need this information urgently, if possible.
You wouldn't need PR card if you will be driving to Canada. Your COPR will suffice.

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
Mine also same but let us know if you get any updates because we are on the same ‍♀ boat
Thanks
on the same boat... sent photos after Christmas... still under reviewed.

satish1990

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ontario
My PR card got approved last friday. But still I did not received my PR card. Starting to worry a bit. How long does it take to arrive to our mailbox?
I live in Vancouver.
LOL Mine was approved on Dec 22nd and haven't received it till today. Dont worry! you ill get it for sure once it is approved, as long as they have the correct address.

jijo27

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Final Update
Landing done on Dec 2 at Regway port (Inland)
No photo request
Pr card was sent out in Jan 22.. Approval date not known as i couldn’t link my application
Got my pr card in mail today Jan 25
Card came from CPC -PRC Sydney, NS

Thankyou for all your support.. Its been a very long journey.. I hope everyone gets their card Asap..
Goodluck for Future.. We all have a along way to go in this country..

Reactions: hikodna