+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Lynn07

Sep 14, 2017
Hi,

If I may ask, were the photos also taken outside? Secondly, the address to which photos need to be sent is having PO Box and generally FedEx or DHL do not deliver to the address with PO Box, so how did you manage to send the envelope containing the photos to cic?
Send to:

Case processing centre - permanent resident card
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 5Z2

Reactions: Mumbai_Indians

Mumbai_Indians

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
Hello All,

I am new to this forum.

Landed: 16th September

We have tried to link our PR card application through the given link. Unfortunately we couldn't do this for my spouse and self. Later we have tried to link using my daughter details and it got linked.

View my submitted applications or profiles

Application number // Application type // Applicant's name // Date submitted Details // Messages // Action

*********** // Permanent Resident Card // ********************* // November 7, 2017 02:53:22 p.m. EST // Submitted // None

Aforesaid details are in the status page.

Next page we have following details in Document Status section:

Name // UCI // Doc. // Doc. No. // Status // Expiry Dt // Status Updated Date // Travel Doc. No. // Country of Issue
****** // ***** // PR Card // ******** // Your document is valid. // 2022/11/03 // 2017/11/06 // *************** // *******

Based on the above.. what would be the exact status of our application???

Note: ******* - personal details :)

Thanks.
Hi,

Were photos taken inside Canada or outside?

SaranCanada

Mar 20, 2017
Congrats! you will be getting your card soon.
Thank you.... However, we couldn't link spouse and my details in the CIC application.

Is it normal?

Where can we check its approval status as my spouse and kid are planning to go back to my native place within 10 days??

Note: As of now, we didn't get any emails from CIC.. is it normal??

Thanks.

leoboy15

Feb 23, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hello , Need one quick advice.
My PPR got approved today, I am currently in India and my Spouse stays in USA.
I got the PPR email today asking me to submit passports of me and my spouse to High Commission of Canada in New Delhi via VFS.

My spouse is planning to send his passport to India from USA via his friend who is travelling to India.
Once I receives his passport , I will send both of our passports to High Commission of Canada in New Delhi via VFS.

I was advised to mail New Delhi Canada Embassy to change my Spouse passport stamping office to USA , but I have read in blogs that people are not getting any replies to such emails and they are struct for days. That is the reason I am planning to take this approach. DO you see any risks if I do that?
Hi, isn't this a bit "TOO RISKY"...??
How do you plan to return the passport back to your Spouse ??
If he/she is stopped at any public place in the USA, how do you intend to show your proof of legal entry into the USA ??
I think its not a good idea to be in a foreign country without your "only" ID.
Others in the forum may please suggest too.

vkumar7077

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Hi, isn't this a bit "TOO RISKY"...??
How do you plan to return the passport back to your Spouse ??
If he/she is stopped at any public place in the USA, how do you intend to show your proof of legal entry into the USA ??
I think its not a good idea to be in a foreign country without your "only" ID.
Others in the forum may please suggest too.
Thanks.
Yes I agree , I have changed my plan. I have emailed Ottawa VO yesterday mentioning that my spouse is in US and requested them to amend my Spouse VO to NY and leave mine in New delhi, India.

After few mins , I got a new letter in my CIC account asking me to submit the passport in NY location.

So now I have two letters , one asking me to submit all the passports in New delhi VO and the other asking me to submit the passport in NY .

SO Can I go ahead an submit my passport in New delhi and let me spouse print the NY letter and submit it in New delhi.
Or should I need a letter specifically mentioning my spouse name and asking him to submit his passport in NY embassy?

leoboy15

Feb 23, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hi everyone, I'm landing in Toronto in December and will need to do a soft landing. I'm just really worried because I will have to use my friend's Canadian address for them to send the PR card, but not sure if it will get delivered since I don't actually live there. Is there any chance that Canada Post may return the PR card to CIC if that's the case? Thanks!
The card (with letter) is not delivered in person. It is put in the mailbox.
Hence, don't worry. It will safely reach the provided address (in the mailbox).

leoboy15

Feb 23, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hi,

If I may ask, were the photos also taken outside? Secondly, the address to which photos need to be sent is having PO Box and generally FedEx or DHL do not deliver to the address with PO Box, so how did you manage to send the envelope containing the photos to cic?
I sent it from outside Canada (via fedex) and it was delivered as promised.
So don't worry....

Reactions: Mumbai_Indians

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Thanks.
Yes I agree , I have changed my plan. I have emailed Ottawa VO yesterday mentioning that my spouse is in US and requested them to amend my Spouse VO to NY and leave mine in New delhi, India.

After few mins , I got a new letter in my CIC account asking me to submit the passport in NY location.

So now I have two letters , one asking me to submit all the passports in New delhi VO and the other asking me to submit the passport in NY .

SO Can I go ahead an submit my passport in New delhi and let me spouse print the NY letter and submit it in New delhi.
Or should I need a letter specifically mentioning my spouse name and asking him to submit his passport in NY embassy?
Please do what the letter says.

alxms10

Dec 16, 2016
London-UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London-UK, then Paris-France, then Cairo-Egypt
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
05/05/2017, then 05/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
22/06/2017
LANDED..........
07/08/2017
Waiting is not a good thing, I can tell you that guys

YANP

Star Member
Oct 3, 2015
PR card of My friend who sent his photos on 02/10/2017 has been approved yesterday. He doesn't know when CIC received the photos.

So, they started processing photo received in Oct 2017.

Reactions: Lalatendu