+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

prakash419

Apr 2, 2017
You can link your PR card application to your CIC account, so you could see the status. So aside from your Permanent Residence Application (which is already approved), once you linked your PR card application to your CIC account, you'll see another field which is the PR card application. That's the one status will changed from "Submitted" to "Approved", roughly 2 mos from the time they received the photos (if they asked your to resend). On how to link your PR card Application to your CIC account, there is guide somewhere on this thread on how to do it.
Thanks for clarifying. Is there any benefit of doing so (linking)?

lachy_

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
4--5-2017
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
I just resend my photo Sep 14. Where do you normally see the date they received it? I have linked my PR application to my CIC account, but there was no message there. Was the receipt of the photo notification sent through email only? As on my CIC account, it was my immigration consultant email that was put in there. So perhaps they are the one who received the notification email that the photos were received.
No, you won't get email or notification from IRCC upon receipt of photos. You must keep track of your mail to when and who received it. In your case I believe it solely your consultant has the direct access on your application.
If you have access on your MyCIC account, you can track the update whether its Approved or In Progress.

Last edited:

lachy_

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
4--5-2017
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
Thanks for clarifying. Is there any benefit of doing so (linking)?
Linking your PR card application to your MyCIC account is the most convenient way to keep track of it's progress rather than calling IRCC to ask for updates. You can check whether the application is Approved or In Progress. However, the best time to phone IRCC is when your application past the processing time.
When you see the application has been Approved , you will have to wait at least a week to receive them by mail.

Reactions: prakash419

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
I just resend my photo Sep 14. Where do you normally see the date they received it? I have linked my PR application to my CIC account, but there was no message there. Was the receipt of the photo notification sent through email only? As on my CIC account, it was my immigration consultant email that was put in there. So perhaps they are the one who received the notification email that the photos were received.
Do you still use your consultant if not suggest that you fill in the CIC form to ask them to update the email address. This I found out after talking to the CIC agent that it cannot be done over the phone. The request for change of email address needs to be a write in via the query form they provide.

snowface0214

Nov 21, 2016
toronto
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02/02/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
01/03/2017
Passport Req..
06/06/2017
Finally!
I received an email saying that the PR card is now approved :)
I think they're now working on photo retakes from August 15 ish.

ITA. Feb 2017
AOR Feb 2017
PPR Jun 2017
Landed June 2017
Photo request Aug 15, 2017
New photo received by IRCC Aug 16, 2017
PR card approved Oct 18, 201

I will wait for my card to arrive.... hopefully it will arrive by early next week!

gmichelli

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Hi there,

This is a very hit and miss thing. Most people here had to do it in several attempts. I managed to get mine done in the first after maybe a week plus post landing.

Did you try using the UCI and name as stated exactly in your COPR?

I'll try to do that. Thanks for the advice!

lachy_

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
4--5-2017
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
Finally!
I received an email saying that the PR card is now approved :)
I think they're now working on photo retakes from August 15 ish.

ITA. Feb 2017
AOR Feb 2017
PPR Jun 2017
Landed June 2017
Photo request Aug 15, 2017
New photo received by IRCC Aug 16, 2017
PR card approved Oct 18, 201

I will wait for my card to arrive.... hopefully it will arrive by early next week!
Congrats!

IAN_84

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
No, you won't get email or notification from IRCC upon receipt of photos. You must keep track of your mail to when and who received it. In your case I believe it solely your consultant has the direct access on your application.
If you have access on your MyCIC account, you can track the update whether its Approved or In Progress.
How will you know whether they received the photos we sent or not?

Yes I have access to my CIC account, just that the email in my account still my Immigration Consultant email. So I guess the request of the new photo, and the notification that they received the photos are sent in their email. Because there is no message in my CIC account PR card application when I linked it. Just the status "in progress".

lachy_

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
4--5-2017
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
How will you know whether they received the photos we sent or not?

Yes I have access to my CIC account, just that the email in my account still my Immigration Consultant email. So I guess the request of the new photo, and the notification that they received the photos are sent in their email. Because there is no message in my CIC account PR card application when I linked it. Just the status "in progress".

You can always call IRCC to confirm the receipt of your new photos because they never send email or notification when they received them.
You may need to fill out Case Specific Enquiry (CSE) to request a change of email address.

pchalla

Feb 27, 2015
CANADA
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-04-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
04-05-2017
No. Landed on 7th June 2017. Photo request on 2nd Aug 2017 and photo received by CIC on 10th Aug 2017. And still clueless about my current status.
So, it should count from 10th August right?
Did you get the card now?

lachy_

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
4--5-2017
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
Spouse PR card application has been Approved today. Finally!!!

Landed- June 28 (Rainbow bridge)
Photo request- Aug 23
Photo received- Aug 28
Application Approved- Oct 20

Hope to receive the card next week! To those people still waiting, have patience of a saint.

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Hello Everyone!
Landed 19th October 2017 and connected to my CIC last night and received file number. So I am going to get my card after 3 months?

Thanks,
Kalpan