+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
Do you guys any idea why they are asking Photo again? is your photo taken date is more than 6 month? Did you submitted same photo for COPR and PR?
That still remains a mystery I think and it is likely due to the photos not following the given specifications. Based on what I have read it's usually those that are taken overseas that have this issue.

Yes they use the same pic as the COPR. It maybe that they are more lenient when it comes to COPR but when they actually make the PR cards they check specifications again. That's my own theory.

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
My nature of job involves travelling back and forth between Canada and US!
Yes I can understand this one too as I'm also in a similar boat (ie. needing to travel). That's the only drawback of the COPR...unless you go the route of crossing the border by car which is not practical.

IAN_84

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
I had linked my application earlier than their request for the photos, but I still only got notified by email, so not sure if they even message on MyCIC

Oh. Then I guess they are just sending emails and not sending message on our MyCIC. For mine, the email that was registered in MyCIC is my Immigration Consultant email, so he just forwarded me the email he had received for the new photo request.

IAN_84

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
Do you guys any idea why they are asking Photo again? is your photo taken date is more than 6 month? Did you submitted same photo for COPR and PR?
For some reasons, they find the Photo that we sent not meeting the requirements. Yes, I have submitted same photo for COPR and PR card application. So not sure why they have accepted the Photo for immigrant visa and COPR but not for PR card application. For what I heard, mostly rejected photos are those taken outside Canada. The Photo I've submitted is less than 6 months, but yeah it was taken outside Canada.

IAN_84

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
What does linking means? I have MyCIC account from where we submitted Express entry form and now waiting for my first PR card from 2 month? Do i need to link my PR card application to MyCIC Account ? if yes then how ? Please help me .

Yeah, you can link your PR card application in your Express Entry Application in MyCIC. I just linked my recently. I believe there is a guide along this thread that show how to link it.

sky_limit

May 1, 2008
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2017
LANDED..........
29-08-2017
My nature of job involves travelling back and forth between Canada and US!
Really sorry to hear that. My job too involves traveling frequently to US. The good part is that I travel to Detroit frequently. So I cross the border in my personal car or travel to Windsor on VIA Rail and rent a car to cross the border. So COPR is more than good enough PRTD is not required. You may choose to travel to Buffalo or Detroit by road and take a flight for sometime to avoid getting PRTD. PRTD is required only if you cross the border by other means (flight/bus/ship). Not required if you cross by car and have COPR with you.

Thanks for tipping me that you were never able to link your PR card application to MyCIC. I know at least that my application may not be lost! :)

rmwahab

Star Member
Sep 21, 2011
Dear All,
I did my landing in Toronto on 15 July 2017, since then I am waiting for my PR card without receiving any, it is almost 90 days now while they say the processing time as per IRCC is 61 days, I linked myCIC to my application and the status showing there that my PR application is under processing I sent case specific inquiry to IRCC but no feedback received, is this normal or I should start worrying?
Regards,

s.abuhass

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Hello guys, I landed on the 6th of September as a soft landing where I finished my documents at the airport and was informed by the officer that my card will be sent on the address I have provided. Now I am outside Canada and didn't link my application to my CIC account, how would I receive any picture request? on my email ? or how?

thanks in advance

YANP

Star Member
Oct 3, 2015
Hello guys, I landed on the 6th of September as a soft landing where I finished my documents at the airport and was informed by the officer that my card will be sent on the address I have provided. Now I am outside Canada and didn't link my application to my CIC account, how would I receive any picture request? on my email ? or how?

thanks in advance
If any photo request, they will email you the letter. In case your email address is not updated in their system, they will post it to the address you provided.

Seedorf_10

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Timeline: Landed July 27
Photo Re-Do request: Sept 22
Photo Received by CIC: Sept 28

Called CIC today and they re-quoted that they are looking at resubmitted photos from July 27th. They said that if photo is asked again, it puts you in a separate queue that can take an additional 2 months or so.. :(
Same boat exactly :(

s.abuhass

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
If any photo request, they will email you the letter. In case your email address is not updated in their system, they will post it to the address you provided.
My Lawyer was the one working on my CIC account and I don't have the credentials for that. Do you think I can manage that by accessing my profile through a partner (ex: a bank) or that would create a confusion ?

tsap33

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Called CIC today and they told me to re-take photo. They also informed me that they are processing July files and for me its take more than 3 to 4 month to get my PR card.

Note :- I got mail for photos only when i called to CIC. So anyone who is near to 60 days timeline, please call CIC and get status.

tsap33

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Guys i am not able to link my PR card application to mycicaccount. Every time i try to search with my UCI number it say no application found. Any one have similar issue ?

sky_limit

May 1, 2008
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2017
LANDED..........
29-08-2017
Guys i am not able to link my PR card application to mycicaccount. Every time i try to search with my UCI number it say no application found. Any one have similar issue ?
I have been trying it since first week of September. No luck. You are not alone! Give it a shot after a month after you landed. You may be able to do it then!