+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

taz111

Jul 25, 2017
add to that, there is no logic, some people get approved and others are still in production with same or earlier landing date, why is there no queue here??

Reactions: Berty3000

taz111

Jul 25, 2017
with thanksgiving weekend ahead, since Wednesday rate of approval of PR card application has gone down dramatically,

toxarika

Star Member
Nov 16, 2016
It is absolutely pathetic and laughable just how many pr cards are being mailed to the wrong addresses. It has happened with mine as well. No wonder their system is so slow and overloaded - they are probably having to make multiple cards, deal with multiple solemn declarations when they don't arrive, and process loads more PRTD applications than ought to be necessary. Did you land at Toronto airport by any chance? I wonder if we are all getting the same immigration officer who is incapable of entering an address correctly into the computer? It is causing me no end of inconvenience and stress trying to track mine down. Then I'll probably have to apply for prtd when I get home anyway (so extra expense, delay, hassle.) The whole system needs a complete overhaul - or at least, some basic training needs to be given to certain cic officers. The one I got was not only rude, but answered some very basic questions incorrectly (I got the correct answers from amateurs on this forum), then she sends my pr card to the wrong address despite me giving her the full and correct one. Argh!!
My pr card sent on 14th september. Still not delievered. I called cic and they told my adress correctly. They also told me I have to wait 6 weeks and then I should fill solemn declaration. It`ll take 3 more months :)

ab.kapoor

Dec 26, 2016
Hi guys,
My PR card status shows approved today, but under document status, the country of issue is neither Canada nor my home country. Is there something wrong? Or just PR card is issue somewhere else?
I'm inland applicant, my address is in Canada.

My timeline:
Landed: Aug 15
PR approval on myCIC: Oct 5
Hi ... Were you able to link you application to your CIC account..? I have tried mine, but always get 'not able to find any application' message.

Juliia

Sep 29, 2017
Hi everyone. I landed at Sarnia Blue Water Bridge yesterday. Next Waiting. Thank you for sharing instructions how to link PR Card Application to my CIC account.

Berty3000

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
Hi ... Were you able to link you application to your CIC account..? I have tried mine, but always get 'not able to find any application' message.
Mine never linked despite me trying endless combinations. However, my card was being processed. Don't bother emailing them - you'll get a useless copy and paste response. Just call, or wait.

Berty3000

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
My pr card sent on 14th september. Still not delievered. I called cic and they told my adress correctly. They also told me I have to wait 6 weeks and then I should fill solemn declaration. It`ll take 3 more months :)
It's a great system, isn't it? Like some kind of Kafka-esque nightmare. I'm hopeful of getting mine some time in the next decade. Hopefully I don't lose it.

ycjbas

Jun 6, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
15-03-2017
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
14-08-2017
Yeah I was able to link my application, but no updates until Oct 5th.
I landed on Aug 15th, and expecting to get the card after 61 days (Oct 14th), then I got an email of approval on Oct 5th. However, the country name under country of issue is neither Canada nor my home country, which doesn't make any sense. So I have to call them (after waiting for 30mins), one super nice lady told me everything looks fine on their end, and they've mailed out my card. I can just ignore the bug in my profile. o_O

I think it'll be easier to call once the 61days processing time is approaching if you are worried.

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
Hi Guys,

So happy today I received our PR cards today. Took about 50+ days
Landed: 14th August (Vancouver airport)
Approved: 4th October
Card received: 6th October

I called CIC twice in the time I was waiting for the cards. Once to sort out an issue for one of my daughter's PR steps that they forgot to complete. Another time just to check if there are any issues like address and email accuracy as well as need for new photos.
Based on what I have been seeing, the issue with photos are usually those taken overseas. As mine was taken here I would think in most cases if you take the photos in Canada you are pretty safe. Also I would also encourage you, like many have said to call them to just check the status and if there's any issues that the officer can tell you before you find out much later.

Good luck everyone, this forum and thread has really been very beneficial and informative. This whole PR journey is all about PATIENCE. We just have to accept the system and be grateful that PRs are granted to us.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Cheers

Reactions: IAN_84

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Hey i am from Afghanistan i am sponsoring my husband and his application was accepted on august 2016 and he has done his medical check he got police clearance and now he is in background check i want to ask you since you have had experience what would be the stage after this what will they ask for and how much more approximately do we have to wait please reply Rabin thank you
Hi I don't think so they would ask you another document as you had already submitted afghan pcc.But during background check they might ask if you have not submitted any documents before.You will get PPR at any time.
Good luck

IAN_84

Star Member
Sep 28, 2017
Hi Guys,

So happy today I received our PR cards today. Took about 50+ days
Landed: 14th August (Vancouver airport)
Approved: 4th October
Card received: 6th October

I called CIC twice in the time I was waiting for the cards. Once to sort out an issue for one of my daughter's PR steps that they forgot to complete. Another time just to check if there are any issues like address and email accuracy as well as need for new photos.
Based on what I have been seeing, the issue with photos are usually those taken overseas. As mine was taken here I would think in most cases if you take the photos in Canada you are pretty safe. Also I would also encourage you, like many have said to call them to just check the status and if there's any issues that the officer can tell you before you find out much later.

Good luck everyone, this forum and thread has really been very beneficial and informative. This whole PR journey is all about PATIENCE. We just have to accept the system and be grateful that PRs are granted to us.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Cheers

Great to hear that you have already received your's and your family's PR card.

I've landed July 19, but due to photos issues (which were taken outside Canada), might have delayed the processing of my card. Hopefully will get mine soon.

Thank you for your updates.

Reactions: adrlim

Arozo1997

Sep 16, 2017
Hi I don't think so they would ask you another document as you had already submitted afghan pcc.But during background check they might ask if you have not submitted any documents before.You will get PPR at any time.
Good luck
Thank you so much

MonuTalli

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Hyderabad, INDIA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16th May 2016
AOR Received.
25th June 2016
IELTS Request
UP Front
Med's Request
UP Front
Passport Req..
15th February 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2017
LANDED..........
18-05-2017
Hello All,

We are a family of 3 landed on 18th May and received a request to submit photos. we sent our photos to PR card processing centre and they received on 3rd August. But we have not received our PR card yet. Can someone please let us know how much time they are taking to send PR cards these days ??

Thanks in advance.

lachy_

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
4--5-2017
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
Hello All,

We are a family of 3 landed on 18th May and received a request to submit photos. we sent our photos to PR card processing centre and they received on 3rd August. But we have not received our PR card yet. Can someone please let us know how much time they are taking to send PR cards these days ??

Thanks in advance.
Same here waiting for an update. Spouse photo received by them on 28 Aug. still no update. They're still processing photos received on July 27. You still have couple of weeks wait to receive your PR card.

sky_limit

May 1, 2008
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2017
LANDED..........
29-08-2017
Try to put your name (first and last) and DOB options. If you are trying UCI than it should be without dash.
You can not try application number as you do not have it yet.
I very much tried all available options in there! In another 20 days it will be 61 days since I landed. Wondering what's going on!