21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Landed 18th, and waiting
Our turn will be by next week maximum to see approved in my cic account,after that in couple of days we would have received our PR card.
Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: Seedorf_10

Cross99

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
thats good news for me then.
So I read the link, it says i have to prove my PR with something. what should I use as proof ?
My COPR, my passport, my T4 would that be enough ?
Your COPR should suffice. You may include a copy of your permanent SIN just to be sure.

Do include a cover letter with your application stating that you are a new PR and never received your first PR card - explain your situation.

Punit Patel

Jan 20, 2017
I guess on the bright side, at least you know that your wife's application is OK based on your conversation with the officer. But yeah try again to see if another officer is able to give you a different answer. Also would be good to double check that the applications for the PR cards are OK.

All the best.
Hi There,

Finally, I have managed to link my wife's pr card application. Actually, I tried with adding comma after city of birth name and it worked, but there is no comma mentioned in the passport.

Anyways I am happy that I got it done. Thanks to you and canada visa forum.

Thank you again. Punit

GaneshaON_3

Jun 12, 2017
Hello All Experts,

I am the follower of this forum.
I have a question,I got my passport with COPR which have expiry date till Jan/16/2018.but due to some personal problem its look like my wife wont be able to make it till then.
In that case what can be done? is there any way we can extend the expiry date of COPR.please suggest me the procedure if there is any.

thanks in advance

Seedorf_10

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Hello All Experts,

I am the follower of this forum.
I have a question,I got my passport with COPR which have expiry date till Jan/16/2018.but due to some personal problem its look like my wife wont be able to make it till then.
In that case what can be done? is there any way we can extend the expiry date of COPR.please suggest me the procedure if there is any.

thanks in advance
I remember in such cases it was written on the COPR that you need to inform them by a letter of any possible reason and accordingly they might reconsider the expiry date

djmani

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
Guys anybody whose PR application got approved in my cic account,Does your
Review of additional documents in my cic account has been changed to The additional documents you provided are being reviewed from we do not need additional documents at this time.
Thanks
I had my dependents application with same status. But my application showed "additional documents have been updated", which was the status the day I received the photo request. It even shows the same status after the application changed to "Approved" from "Submittet"

I think what's important is when the status changes to "Approved". And according to me they change the status only when your PR card is sent for production, before that the status shows submitted.

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
I had my dependents application with same status. But my application showed "additional documents have been updated", which was the status the day I received the photo request. It even shows the same status after the application changed to "Approved" from "Submittet"

I think what's important is when the status changes to "Approved". And according to me they change the status only when your PR card is sent for production, before that the status shows submitted.
That means by tomorrow or the next day,i could also see Approved in my cic account,landed on July 18.what do you think?After how many days your dependents status had changed to Approved?
Thanks

Diaaabdullat

Jul 27, 2017
Hi guys
Finally I received my PR cards and I want to return back to my home country to finalize my staff and work and I will return back to Canada next year in June which means after 9 months.
I heard that if I stay more than 6 months I will lost my status as permeantant resident.
Kindly advise if this rule still valid as I am confused right now.

sxu7

Apr 26, 2017
Hi all,

Sorry for the late update, here is my timeline:

Landing:
07 JULY 2017
(I called CIC on July 14 to ensure that my Canadian address was correct. The cic agent told me that the CBSA officer at the border really forgot to update my address...If I didn't call in, my PR card process will takes forever...)

PR card shipped out: 28 AUG 2017
(I called CIC on 28th and they told me my card was just shipped out at that day.)

PR card arrived in my mailbox (Vancouver, BC): 01 SEPT 2017

I strongly recommend everyone to call CIC during the time of waiting for your PR card. Not only to check the status, but also ensure all your personal details such as phone number/email address/ home address are correct in their system. Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only). If you are outside Canada, you call +1-613-944-4000.

Thank you for all the information you guys provided here. Good luck for everyone!

Seedorf_10

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Hi all,

Sorry for the late update, here is my timeline:

Landing:
07 JULY 2017
(I called CIC on July 14 to ensure that my Canadian address was correct. The cic agent told me that the CBSA officer at the border really forgot to update my address...If I didn't call in, my PR card process will takes forever...)

PR card shipped out: 28 AUG 2017
(I called CIC on 28th and they told me my card was just shipped out at that day.)

PR card arrived in my mailbox (Vancouver, BC): 01 SEPT 2017

I strongly recommend everyone to call CIC during the time of waiting for your PR card. Not only to check the status, but also ensure all your personal details such as phone number/email address/ home address are correct in their system. Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only). If you are outside Canada, you call +1-613-944-4000.

Thank you for all the information you guys provided here. Good luck for everyone!
Happy for you buddy, enjoy

Aamir087

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Thank you very much for the information.

I followed the above steps exactly but still I am unable to link my application to the account. My landing date was July 22. May be they are yet to create any application for me. Do I need to link the application only after 'n' number of days?
Hi guys
Finally I received my PR cards and I want to return back to my home country to finalize my staff and work and I will return back to Canada next year in June which means after 9 months.
I heard that if I stay more than 6 months I will lost my status as permeantant resident.
Kindly advise if this rule still valid as I am confused right now.

Hi, I dont think so you will loose your PR status. As long as you stay the minimum amount in Canada (which I think is 3/5 years, can someone confirm please) and have your PR card with you, you should be okay.

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
Hi There,

Finally, I have managed to link my wife's pr card application. Actually, I tried with adding comma after city of birth name and it worked, but there is no comma mentioned in the passport.

Anyways I am happy that I got it done. Thanks to you and canada visa forum.

Thank you again. Punit
Glad that it worked out. I just followed what's in the COPR

sum321

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Landing on July 13th at Fort Erie.
Approved on Sep 11th.

Called CIC they confirmed Cards dispatched for me and all dependent.