+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

djmani

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
Do you mean PRTD doc? That takes 21 days from Los Angeles and only after I'm there. So thats ruled out.

Here's what I'm gonna do:
1. Wait for PR Card till Aug 27th otherwise call CIC to see where it is;
2. Try to board the flight from SFO using only my TRV
3. Last resort is to change my flights to Buffalo and then drive to Niagara and cross the border using my CoPR.
PRTD or PR card is required to re enter Canada, but when you leave Canada your need passport only.

So a 4th option can be:
You receive PR card before returning to Canada. Like if you have someone trustworthy who can get you the PR card (once it's been delivered from IRCC/CIC to your provided Canadian address) cross border before you come back.

This could work out the simplest way.

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
PRTD or PR card is required to re enter Canada, but when you leave Canada your need passport only.

So a 4th option can be:
You receive PR card before returning to Canada. Like if you have someone trustworthy who can get you the PR card (once it's been delivered from IRCC/CIC to your provided Canadian address) cross border before you come back.

This could work out the simplest way.
But I am only going for 7 days. I don't think my card will come by then. Plus time needed to courier that card to SFO before Sep 6th.. that too to a hostel. It's not safe and doesn't make sense.

What if it gets lost or delayed!

Hercaz

Apr 6, 2017
Quick question.

I landed on 13th June . I guess till Friday my status for additional document was "not required..." but today it changed to "additional documents are provided". However, I have never received any request for "additional documents". Did anyone see such changes in profile? Just Curious...

Thanks
I have something similar with my PR application, it says "The additional documents you provided are being reviewed." I certainly have never received any requests to provide anything, and I am sure couple of days before it was "not required". Landed same week as you.

dipens

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
My PR card application just got approved. Timeline in signature.

How long does it take for PR card to arrive after app is approved?

engage

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
Hey guys,

My PR card got approved as well. I landed on 13th June.

Thanks everyone for your help.

This journey was indeed as always full of surprises.

Good luck to all.

Cheers,

anujm2000

Jan 15, 2017
I landed June 11. My status on myCIC is
We are processing your application...The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Overall status is "Submitted"
Online status changed to Approved. Hopefully will receive the card in mail in the next week or so.

Hercaz

Apr 6, 2017
"Final decision: Your application was approved."

Happy days! Whoho!!! Got a bottle of champagne ready since the PPR letter, hopefully will open it next week when the card arrives.

Reactions: JuCW

ROBH

Apr 5, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have got a quick question I have landed on July 25th 2017 in Ottawa office can you guys tell me what is the trend these days I have checked online the processing time shown as 61 days is it taking exactly the same timeline or is the card arriving before 61 days based on that I want to plan my travel , can anyone please guide me here

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
Quick question, in mycic I see a document number as well as my UCI number. Which one is going to be the card number?