+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
Hello guys,

I was able to link my account on line to My CIC, i logged in and it says the name right but the status is nothing clear. it says where is this application and details. Honestly no clue - there is a line of reviewing eligibility that i did not get. If i became a Permanent Resident on the date i entered the country then what is checking my eligibility go for? I am already eligible, correct?
I think this is just the same template they use for all of the application, regardless the type. Mine is the same (+ Additional documents received – and I never sent anything). A few days ago I called IRCC and they said my PR card was already approved, but this isn't reflected in my application so far. Also, they told me I will get the card only by the end of August.
I wouldn't worry about this.

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
Hi guys, need urgent help!

So I called up CIC and agent said my pics are not acceptable and need to be changed.

My issue is I have a fully booked trip to the US (Aug 31-Sep 7):

My options are:

1. Get a PRTD from LA office within 4 days- possible?
2. Change my fligh ticket to New York and then drive across using my CoPR
3. Use my Work Permit and Work Visa (valid) to board the flight in San Fran and then use my CoPR. (Has anyone done this?)

What should I do? Thanks a ton!

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun

So I called up CIC and agent said my pics are not acceptable and need to be changed.

My options are:

3. Use my Work Permit and Work Visa (valid) to board the flight in San Fran and then use my CoPR. (Has anyone done this?)

Option 2. Drive to Buffalo airport and enter back to Canada with COPR.

engage

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017

My options are:

Option 2: looks more feasible and appropriate in this situation.

Option 3: very risky and depends on many factors. I will suggest not to take any risk. One of my friend was not able to board the flight based on COPR. He had a terrible experience in explaining situations to multiple stakeholders (airline, customs, immigration etc)

Reactions: zam7

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
Option 2: looks more feasible and appropriate in this situation.

Option 3: very risky and depends on many factors. I will suggest not to take any risk. One of my friend was not able to board the flight based on COPR. He had a terrible experience in explaining situations to multiple stakeholders (airline, customs, immigration etc)
So what happened to him ultimately!?

Also How long does it take to get the PR card after sending the correct photos?

engage

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
So what happened to him ultimately!?

Also How long does it take to get the PR card after sending the correct photos?
He had to travel to the USA and then enter Canada through land boarder. But the entire process was time consuming and had to provide explanation at every touch point.

Reactions: zam7

Canadian beaver

Jul 26, 2017
Can someone clarify ?
Hello guys,

I was able to link my account on line to My CIC, i logged in and it says the name right but the status is nothing clear. it says where is this application and details. Honestly no clue - there is a line of reviewing eligibility that i did not get. If i became a Permanent Resident on the date i entered the country then what is checking my eligibility go for? I am already eligible, correct?[/Q

zam7

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-04-2017
Med's Done....
24-03-2017
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017
He had to travel to the USA and then enter Canada through land boarder. But the entire process was time consuming and had to provide explanation at every touch point.
what if I use my Work visa? I do not have my work permit anymore though..
the trick is to board the plane at San Fran. otherwise I can always fly to Buffalo and drive across. Right?

Do you know what the processing time is once you send the photos again? Is it less than 4 weeks, then I'll be fine!

djmani

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
Called IRCC today. Came to know that they are processing photo request application of 21st June

I landed on 5th May and had my photos requested on 10th July which were delivered on 14th July. According to IRCC I should be receiving the PR cards in 3 weeks time that's end of August