+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

JattTinka

Aug 26, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Yes but By Road Only.

If your destination is far. you can cross the border by car and fly from US airport. Then come back and drive back to Canada with your COPR.
Thanks Riz,
That's what I was planning to do.

engage

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
The CSBA officer asked for my current work permit upon landing at Rainbow bridge. I think it depends on the officer processing your application. It's better to be on the safe side landing before the WP expires otherwise be prepared to have a good answer if questioned

I was asked to show the valid status document(Work permit in my case). But I did my landing at inland IRCC office. It totally depends on the officer.

walaa

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2017
Hi everyone
I`m planning to have short landing due to my current work, and I have some questions please
can I use an address of a friend to mail my PR card to?
can any body receive the emailed PR card or should I receive it in person?
If I could not arrange to receive my PR card after landing,, can I go back to Canada again with the COPR and for how many times??
thank you

sam1991

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
Just wondering about others experience in sending PR card outside Canada.
1. Is it allowed?
2. Which courier is best to send?

seniors please response!

JattTinka

Aug 26, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Just wondering about others experience in sending PR card outside Canada.
1. Is it allowed?
2. Which courier is best to send?

seniors please response!
*Not an expert* but I believe you cannot get PR card outside Canada directly from CIC. You have to give them a Canadian address.
You can have your friend/relative receive it on your behalf and then they can send that to you via FEDEX.

JattTinka

Aug 26, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi everyone
I`m planning to have short landing due to my current work, and I have some questions please
If I could not arrange to receive my PR card after landing,, can I go back to Canada again with the COPR and for how many times??
thank you
1. Yes, your friend can receive it for you.
2. It's not emailed but the regular paper mail and whatever address you provide, they will send it there.
Not sure about your question regarding COPR.

Reactions: walaa

sam1991

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
*Not an expert* but I believe you cannot get PR card outside Canada directly from CIC. You have to give them a Canadian address.
You can have your friend/relative receive it on your behalf and then they can send that to you via FEDEX.

FedEx people will send to home country address you mean.

ashwani.m

Feb 5, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
Hi everyone
thank you
Yes you can use address of friend and he/she can receive on your behalf. Then your friend can courier this PR card to you and you will use this to enter canada again. I don't think you can enter more than once without a PR card in CANADA on basis of COPR.

Reactions: walaa

walaa

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2017
Yes you can use address of friend and he/she can receive on your behalf. Then your friend can courier this PR card to you and you will use this to enter canada again. I don't think you can enter more than once without a PR card in CANADA on basis of COPR.
thank you

walaa

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2017
1. Yes, your friend can receive it for you.
2. It's not emailed but the regular paper mail and whatever address you provide, they will send it there.
Not sure about your question regarding COPR.
thank you

umeno

Apr 18, 2016
thank you
COPR is valid for entry to Canada multiple times but airlines do not recognize them i.e. COPR can be used to enter Canada from a land border but if one would like to fly into Canada one would need a PR card.

kovthe

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Dont worry ,, my file was untouched for 4 months with no updates except medicals. and then within 1 week it went to in progress and PPR.
be patient.
Finally passed medicals after 118 days. Now need to see how long it takes to get much awaited email :). Fingers crossed. Is it possible that they are done with my background check? Just guessing as they took 118 days since eAPR to update status as "passed medicals". Usually people get this status within a month, and then in next 3-4 months they get PPR.

harman2725

Jun 16, 2015
Nz
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
01/04/2017
Passport Req..
7/717
VISA ISSUED...
29/7/17
LANDED..........
27/08/17
Finally passed medicals after 118 days. Now need to see how long it takes to get much awaited email :). Fingers crossed. Is it possible that they are done with my background check? Just guessing as they took 118 days since eAPR to update status as "passed medicals". Usually people get this status within a month, and then in next 3-4 months they get PPR.
Whats your Background check status??