Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
I went to ServiceCanada as early as the next day after my landing. They said I lacked proof like address proof/bank card/PR card, etc. At least I won't need a photo id... ON driving tests seems to require at least COPR. I'm not sure.
If I remember well, you have to be ON resident for minimum 3 months in order to be able to get a health card

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
I went to ServiceCanada as early as the next day after my landing. They said I lacked proof like address proof/bank card/PR card, etc. At least I won't need a photo id... ON driving tests seems to require at least COPR. I'm not sure.
That seems weird. But as poster said above, maybe resident has to be here for 3 months minimum is the criteria for health card. I have been here for a few years so probably why they didn't ask me

Didyou get your SIN though from Service Canada?

And no driving test you just go show passport and write your G1 test. I completed the driving test process (G1-G2-G) a year back and I remember G1 only required passport. You get a temp paper license and the physical card with photo gets mailed in 2-3 weeks.

If you're from Ontario and you do not want a drivers license for some reason, you can also apply for an Ontario ID which is an equally acceptable form of ID in the absence of drivers license.

miuonpak2

May 31, 2017
Just called, card still not in production. I'm travelling next Friday. Probably not gonna get the card before I leave, very frustrated.

If anyone else making travel plans, do not count on the processing time published on CIC website, it was 45 days when I landed on April 16. Now it's day 53 and my card is not ready, so the wait is definitely longer than 52 days that's posted on the website.

I will have to visit Canadian embassy in Havana to apply for permanenet resident travel document in order to come back. If anyone has experience applying for the PRTD please help...

tco23

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Hong Kong/Gatineau
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
That seems weird. But as poster said above, maybe resident has to be here for 3 months minimum is the criteria for health card. I have been here for a few years so probably why they didn't ask me

Didyou get your SIN though from Service Canada?

And no driving test you just go show passport and write your G1 test. I completed the driving test process (G1-G2-G) a year back and I remember G1 only required passport. You get a temp paper license and the physical card with photo gets mailed in 2-3 weeks.

If you're from Ontario and you do not want a drivers license for some reason, you can also apply for an Ontario ID which is an equally acceptable form of ID in the absence of drivers license.
To both of you: Thanks, my info in hand also confirms that it takes three months of waiting.
https://www.ontario.ca/page/apply-ohip-and-get-health-card
From what I'd been told, it at least applies to newcomers. Not sure about citizens.

I go study for the license for now. :)

tco23

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Hong Kong/Gatineau
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Just called, card still not in production. I'm travelling next Friday. Probably not gonna get the card before I leave, very frustrated.

If anyone else making travel plans, do not count on the processing time published on CIC website, it was 45 days when I landed on April 16. Now it's day 53 and my card is not ready, so the wait is definitely longer than 52 days that's posted on the website.

I will have to visit Canadian embassy in Havana to apply for permanenet resident travel document in order to come back. If anyone has experience applying for the PRTD please help...
I've spent more days waiting for it, as written above. You should count on the hotline. The agents are helpful. It's my 59th day today and the card will arrive very soon, as confirmed.

Last edited:

yAKI

May 31, 2017
Just called the CIC, my card just went into production today. Expecting to receive it around mid next next.
Timeline:
Landed: 14th Apr. 2017
Card went into production: 7th June. 2017
hi, I landed 13th April and sent in production on 5th June. I hope to receive our pr card very soon

tco23

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Hong Kong/Gatineau
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Update: I've got my PR card today on the 60th day. Time to get a life.
If the residence requirement of the citizenship will become three years in the near future, then it'll take less time for at least many of us who arrive in 2017. I hope I'll just need one card until getting the passport.

miuonpak2

May 31, 2017
Update: I've got my PR card today on the 60th day. Time to get a life.
If the residence requirement of the citizenship will become three years in the near future, then it'll take less time for at least many of us who arrive in 2017. I hope I'll just need one card until getting the passport.

Congrats. Bill C-6 is very likely to become law this year.

May I ask your city and how many days it took Canada post to deliver the card?

tco23

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Hong Kong/Gatineau
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Congrats. Bill C-6 is very likely to become law this year.

May I ask your city and how many days it took Canada post to deliver the card?
Thanks. I landed and am now in Toronto. The card expiry date is "06 Jun". On Wed, the agent said it was mailed out, so the delivery took two to three days from NS to ON.

MonuTalli

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Hyderabad, INDIA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16th May 2016
AOR Received.
25th June 2016
IELTS Request
UP Front
Med's Request
UP Front
Passport Req..
15th February 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2017
LANDED..........
18-05-2017
Hello All,

I landed on 18th May in Toronto and the immigration officer said that it will take two months to get PR cards.
However i have not provided any mailing address as i don't have one at the time of landing.

But now i have a mailing address and i am not able to update the address online.

any help / suggestions would be great.

BR,
MonuTalli

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Hello All,

I landed on 18th May in Toronto and the immigration officer said that it will take two months to get PR cards.
However i have not provided any mailing address as i don't have one at the time of landing.

But now i have a mailing address and i am not able to update the address online.

any help / suggestions would be great.

BR,
MonuTalli
Phone CIC

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
Dear experts,

I was nominated by Ontario and have received my immigration visa. I currently reside in Alberta. I am defending my thesis in a month so need to stay in Alberta for a few months before relocating to Ontario. I will be landing at the Niagara falls port of entry in a few days from now and need to return to Alberta right after. I have following questions:

1. At the time of landing (in Ontario), is it OK to tell the officer about my current province of residence (Alberta) and just ensure him/her about my intention to move to Ontario in near future after the completion of my studies in Alberta? Do I need to provide any sort of proof to support my claim? FYI, I have letters from friends who currently reside in Ontario whom have agreed to provide accommodation for me upon my relocation to Ontario.
  2. After landing and in order to apply for PR Card, Can I give my Alberta address to receive the card or is it better to give a friend's address who is located in Ontario to avoid any possible complication
  3. Does the PR card application happens at landing?
  4. Can I apply for new SIN after landing back in Alberta or should it be done in Ontario? FYI, I am only staying in Ontario for 2 days for the purpose of landing
I appreciate your input!

Links from CIC website or other government sources are highly appreciated!

AK_canada

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Hi, I landed on 18th May... Card awaited and now the processing time says ~57days...

Don't mean to hijack this thread in any way, but during this waiting period, if my parents were to apply for Tourist visa, it categorically asks "know any PR, state PR number" - what shall they mention in PR card number? Does the UCI suffice?

Thanks in advance

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Processing time on CIC website is now ~57 days... 52nd day today, and still waiting. Hopefully by the end of next week! :)