+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

vikrant1603

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
Hi Vinit
Congrats a ton. Wanted to ask where do you stay to understand the time it takes for card to reach as i am in edmonton. And hiw many days it took your card to reach post its going into printing.

Thanks

vinitmenon said:
Got my pr card today.

Thank you everyone for all the support and help :)

vinitmenon

Nov 1, 2012
vikrant1603 said:
Hi Vinit
Congrats a ton. Wanted to ask where do you stay to understand the time it takes for card to reach as i am in edmonton. And hiw many days it took your card to reach post its going into printing.

Thanks

my card went to printing on 2nd Jan, was shipped on 9th Jan and got it yesterday 13th. I am in Edmonton too. It takes 4 business days to get it from Sydney NS, which technically excludes the day it was mailed and weekend and stats. I had read somewhere that they post it on Mondays most of the time, only one exception was boxing day which was on monday, and for that week i believe cards were sent out on 30th Dec. I might be totally wrong but this is what I have observed from everyone's posts.

vikrant1603

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
Hi Vinit

Thanks for the input. They dispatched mine on 12th, thats what the agent told, so then it should reach me by next wednesday.

Fingers crossed

vinitmenon said:
my card went to printing on 2nd Jan, was shipped on 9th Jan and got it yesterday 13th. I am in Edmonton too. It takes 4 business days to get it from Sydney NS, which technically excludes the day it was mailed and weekend and stats. I had read somewhere that they post it on Mondays most of the time, only one exception was boxing day which was on monday, and for that week i believe cards were sent out on 30th Dec. I might be totally wrong but this is what I have observed from everyone's posts.

vikrant1603

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
One more thing i wanted to check...how did you know the card comes from Sydney NS

vinitmenon said:

vinitmenon

Nov 1, 2012
vikrant1603 said:
One more thing i wanted to check...how did you know the card comes from Sydney NS
Because thats where they send email if u card is not as per schedule. So i guess thats where it is printed and mailed from.

codeguru

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Landed on 14th Jan 2017 at Peace Arch(BC) through Flagpole.

When can I expect my PR Card?

I tried this link- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp?s=7

Couldnt find any information.

When will the processing start?

Please advice. Cheers.

anonGym

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Landed Nov 11, just called them this morning, and they said that card was mailed out on wednesday last week... any idea how long it takes to receieve by regular mail? also weird that everyone else had their card mailed out on monday, but the agent said card was sent on wednesday.

pitra426

Jan 1, 2016
Hi folks,

I have a peculiar problem -I have to land before Feb-28th to activate my PR.
My problem is I don't have any friends or relatives in Canada to provide a mailing address for my PR card and I can't stay for
more than a week due to work constraints. As I had taken up a new position only 20 days before my PR approval,I plan to be on that job (outside Canada) for one year before moving permanently later in 2017.

What options does some one in my situation have to ensure that I do get the PR card before I move permanently?
Or,would I have to request someone to help with a residential address?

I am more than happy to pay online through FedEx/UPS to set up a door pickup when the card does arrive so that the
person who helps does not go through a lot of trouble on my behalf.

Please advice what would be the best way forward.

Many thanks for your responses.

Regards,
R

CADparity

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
pitra426 said:
Hi folks,

I have a peculiar problem -I have to land before Feb-28th to activate my PR.
My problem is I don't have any friends or relatives in Canada to provide a mailing address for my PR card and I can't stay for
more than a week due to work constraints. As I had taken up a new position only 20 days before my PR approval,I plan to be on that job (outside Canada) for one year before moving permanently later in 2017.

What options does some one in my situation have to ensure that I do get the PR card before I move permanently?
Or,would I have to request someone to help with a residential address?

I am more than happy to pay online through FedEx/UPS to set up a door pickup when the card does arrive so that the
person who helps does not go through a lot of trouble on my behalf.

Please advice what would be the best way forward.

Many thanks for your responses.

Regards,
R
You can rent an address at an UPS Store near you - http://www.theupsstore.ca/. They will give you a street address when you rent a mailbox, so it will not look like a P.O. address. It's about 20-30 CAD/month, I think. You have to visit the store of your choice personally and show 2 photo IDs. You can call in to check if you have any mail, and ask the store to forward the mail to you when you receive anything in your mailbox.

codeguru

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
codeguru said:
Landed on 14th Jan 2017 at Peace Arch(BC) through Flagpole.

When can I expect my PR Card?

I tried this link- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp?s=7

Couldnt find any information.

When will the processing start?

Please advice. Cheers.
Can someone please advice me on this? Where and when can I know that my card has gone to printing?
How can I keep track of this process?

Please advice. Thank you.

anonGym

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
codeguru said:
Can someone please advice me on this? Where and when can I know that my card has gone to printing?
How can I keep track of this process?

Please advice. Thank you.
You have a long wait ahead buddy... current processing time is about 2 months!!! I landed on Nov 11 and still have not received my card! after 56 days have passed, you can call cic and ask for an update.

MapleIt

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Toronto ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2016
Doc's Request.
02-06-2016
Nomination.....
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
23-04-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
e-APR
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2016
LANDED..........
19-11-2016
All,

I landed on 19th November (Rainbow Bridge), I just called CIC and found out that my cards (mine+spouse) went into Production on 13th January.

So I guess, another two weeks before I can keep this aside for good.

Best of luck to the rest.

codeguru

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
JACOB VITELA said:
I Landed on NOV 17 , I Called today morning and I was told card went to print on Jan 09 so I hope to receive this week!!!!!
Wow. They are taking their own sweet time on the printing huh. Got landed on Jan 14th. Who knows when mine will be ready...