2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
MooseNBooze said:
Update: PR cards received today, 9/19. Thanks and best wishes to all.
When did you land?

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Landed on Aug. 1
Spouse & Child's PR Cards: Mailed on Sep. 2
My PR Card: Mailed on Sep. 6
Received all PR Cards: Sep. 16

mirandayma

Jun 27, 2016
Called CIC yesterday.

The lady said my PR card was mailed out on Sept 15th. Still waiting....

(landing on Aug 13 @ Rainbow bridge)

readymade

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13th April
Received PR card yesterday. :D :D

Landed 09th August

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
bellaluna said:
So I just called as it's been 7 weeks since I landed, and I was told that they did not have my address on file, even if I had written it down on my COPR upon landing. :mad:
Got my card today, 2 weeks after providing my address, even if the agent on the phone had told me it'll take another 41 days.

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm soooo tired of waiting, it's unbelievable. I've landed late April and I'm still waiting for God's sake...

An agent told me yesterday that the card was finally sent on the 6th of September... That's more than 2 weeks ago and I still haven't received it. Even their mail service is crap, it's unbelievable. Just let me pay some extra money and use a decent service. This is the epitome of inefficient bureaucracy.

Is it normal that I'm still waiting for the card despite it being sent 2 weeks ago? The agent said it should take maximum 6 weeks in mail..

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
howcoldisit said:
Has anyone had to change their address after landing? How did you do so?
Here you go:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp#canada

weisizhu

Nov 14, 2015
amamh said:
I'm soooo tired of waiting, it's unbelievable. I've landed late April and I'm still waiting for God's sake...

An agent told me yesterday that the card was finally sent on the 6th of September... That's more than 2 weeks ago and I still haven't received it. Even their mail service is crap, it's unbelievable. Just let me pay some extra money and use a decent service. This is the epitome of inefficient bureaucracy.

Is it normal that I'm still waiting for the card despite it being sent 2 weeks ago? The agent said it should take maximum 6 weeks in mail..
same situation here. Landed in May. no pr card.
called them they said that the card was mailed our on aug/22 but never received it.

Gonna send them a letter saying never received it and it goes back to the queue for new pr card which means another few month wait....

dpr

Sep 8, 2015
hello friends
we are a family of 4. we are planning to do soft landing at toronto airport in November and return back to India in 10 days.
In these days we would have to complete the formalities of SIN and applying for PR card

1) is 1 week sufficient (mon-fri) to complete application for SIN and PR card?
2) for COPR we hv been asked to submit photos as per new dimensions. so will we still be asked to submit new photos again?
3)if we return to India but give our mailing address as our friend's, will he be able to send our cards by courier? or will our presence be required /sign or anything like that?
4)if we get our PR cards mailed to India and we move permanently to Canada (planning for summer move) will these cards be enough or should we apply for any travel document or visa?
5) last, is this process soft landing ok? what if the immigration officer or any other govt official asks if we are planning to leave canada within the coming days? I hope so we should not mention tht ? or if we mention tht we plan to come back only a few months later, will we hv any issue ?

little confused here...

arc_1090

Star Member
Sep 4, 2015
Hello Guys,

I landed in Toronto on September 11th. I was told that it would take about 60 days to receive the PR card.
Can someone from July/August let me know how long it took for them to receive their PR cards post landing?

Thanks in advance for the help/info :)

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
arc_1090 said:
Hello Guys,

I landed in Toronto on September 11th. I was told that it would take about 60 days to receive the PR card.
Can someone from July/August let me know how long it took for them to receive their PR cards post landing?

Thanks in advance for the help/info :)
41 days currently
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/

dpr said:
hello friends
we are a family of 4. we are planning to do soft landing at toronto airport in November and return back to India in 10 days.
In these days we would have to complete the formalities of SIN and applying for PR card

1) is 1 week sufficient (mon-fri) to complete application for SIN and PR card?
PR card is automatically applied for when you complete your landing.
SIN can be done within 10 minutes during regular office hours at a Service Canada office.

2) for COPR we hv been asked to submit photos as per new dimensions. so will we still be asked to submit new photos again?
You'll only find out when the software at the printing facility rejects them.

3)if we return to India but give our mailing address as our friend's, will he be able to send our cards by courier
Yes

or will our presence be required /sign or anything like that?
No, it is sent by regular mail so anyone can receive it.

4)if we get our PR cards mailed to India and we move permanently to Canada (planning for summer move) will these cards be enough
Yes

5) last, is this process soft landing ok?
Yes

what if the immigration officer or any other govt official asks if we are planning to leave canada within the coming days?
They won't.

prescot

Jul 20, 2015
All,

Did soft landing a month back. Mentioned to border official that I don't have mailing address and hence was given a form to be faxed to CIC when ready with an address for mailing PR card. Is there a 180 day time limit to apply for the card? Is there any issue if I am still not ready with an address? Would CIC accept and mail card if I fax them friend address

Thanks

dpr

Sep 8, 2015
bellaluna said:
41 days currently
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/

PR card is automatically applied for when you complete your landing.
SIN can be done within 10 minutes during regular office hours at a Service Canada office.

You'll only find out when the software at the printing facility rejects them.
Yes

No, it is sent by regular mail so anyone can receive it.
Yes
===========
thank you Bellaluna
am only worried- what if some thing goes wrong with the PR card..
any recourse we have to get it again?
also, should we give goods to follow at the immigration/customs at landing?
we don't hv one now as we are only doing soft landing..
if we give it when we come permanently in summer, will tht be accepted?

Yes

They won't.

Halifaxian

Jan 7, 2016
What is the phone number to get the information about PR card processing time? I landed on June 23, submitted address on July 10, but still haven't received PR card.