+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

satya10

Nov 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can one of the applicant in the family stay back and collect the PR card, and courier it the another applicant so that it would be easy for travelling back to Canada.

prav082

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
justbo said:
I called CIC today, they told me my card was mailed on 29th June. But I still haven't got it yet. :(
Landed on 30th April.
I am also in same boat. As per CIC, mine was also mailed on 29th June... Now Waiting... :( :(

Hope it should reach today (Friday). I am in Toronto... Landed on 2nd May.

justbo

Jan 4, 2015
prav082 said:
I am also in same boat. As per CIC, mine was also mailed on 29th June... Now Waiting... :( :(

Hope it should reach today (Friday). I am in Toronto... Landed on 2nd May.
Same same. Will update here if I can get it today. Good luck!

purplewestern

Jan 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I tried to contact the CIC today as well, the agent told me I have to wait normal processing time passed plus 14 days of mailing before I should call and inquire. I landed on May 3rd, the agent said that they can only help me if i call back after July 13th. Dose anyone have similar experience?

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Called CIC today again. Still processing. told me he will send a note for my case as I am out of time, and adviced me to make other plans for AUGUST 9 trip.

rickyfaneite

Dec 4, 2014
Did my Landing on Jan 15 2016 and have not yet received my PR Card. Exhausted of waiting, and when I call they just say they don't know what happened and they have already submitted a complaint, so I have to wait 3 months more. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Any feedback?

hotshot007

Apr 6, 2015
rickyfaneite said:
Did my Landing on Jan 15 2016 and have not yet received my PR Card. Exhausted of waiting, and when I call they just say they don't know what happened and they have already submitted a complaint, so I have to wait 3 months more. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Any feedback?
I think unfortunately you just have to wait. Did you find out the exact issue? Do they have record of your landing and the system confirms you are a PR or that is also missing. Could be the port of entry misplaced your COPR with the picture which is used for PR card processing. I would also suggest making sure they have the correct address in the system to match what you gave immigration officer when you landed.

What was your port of entry? Did you do land border or airport?

hotshot007

Apr 6, 2015
purplewestern said:
I tried to contact the CIC today as well, the agent told me I have to wait normal processing time passed plus 14 days of mailing before I should call and inquire. I landed on May 3rd, the agent said that they can only help me if i call back after July 13th. Dose anyone have similar experience?
As far as I know others have gotten more information from agents when they called. You probably lucked out with a not so helpful agent. I would suggest calling again and hopefully you will get someone who will actually take a look into your file than just making excuses.

Looking at your timelines you are above the current processing standard so the waiting additional 14 days just seems random. Call again until you get an answer.

purplewestern

Jan 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hotshot007 said:
As far as I know others have gotten more information from agents when they called. You probably lucked out with a not so helpful agent. I would suggest calling again and hopefully you will get someone who will actually take a look into your file than just making excuses.

Looking at your timelines you are above the current processing standard so the waiting additional 14 days just seems random. Call again until you get an answer.
Thank you. I just called again and another agent looked up my file and advised that my pr card was mailed out 4 days ago. Now I am just worried that it might be affected by the Canada Post strike.

hotshot007

Apr 6, 2015
purplewestern said:
Thank you. I just called again and another agent looked up my file and advised that my pr card was mailed out 4 days ago. Now I am just worried that it might be affected by the Canada Post strike.
Don't worry I think Canada post strike will be short lived. Your card might be delayed a little bit but you will get it soon.

Goodluck!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/cupw-extension-request-canada-post-1.3670028

justbo

Jan 4, 2015
hotshot007 said:
Don't worry I think Canada post strike will be short lived. Your card might be delayed a little bit but you will get it soon.

Goodluck!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/cupw-extension-request-canada-post-1.3670028
The lockout is still going to happen based on the latest update :(

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
satya10 said:
Can one of the applicant in the family stay back and collect the PR card, and courier it the another applicant so that it would be easy for travelling back to Canada.
Yes they can, absolutely!

hemishpatel

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
91 days
Still waiting for the card...
Called last week they said send us new photos...
Sent new photos and reached today. 11/7/16.
Anyone knows how long does it takes after submitting new photos again??

Please and thank you....

prav082

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Some good news. :)

Canada Post drops threat to lock out workers today
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canada-post-union-labour-lock-out-mail-1.3672570

Hopefully our PR card will get delivered this week.